Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Help! Cat(s) keeps urinating on bed >

Help! Cat(s) keeps urinating on bed

Help! Cat(s) keeps urinating on bed

Old 02-05-2011, 01:55 PM

Try this product....it really works.....
Nature's Miracle, orange -oxy power.. unless you get the order out they will continue to return.
My DH bought this the other day because after ten years one of our furry friends deside to use the carpet instead of the box.
I did three applications (althought she stopped after the first, I just wanted to be sure.) very easy to use it is in a spray container. Bought it at a pet supply place, maybe PetCo or Petsmart will have it.
After the last application I used Bounary by Lambert Kay and the cat will not even go into the living room any more.
YEA!
Old 02-05-2011, 01:59 PM

I agree with feline fanatic, sounds like your male cat is suffering from a urinary tract infection and you need to get him on antibiotics.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by sunkistmi
A friend had to crate their cat when they were out of the house because he was expressing his displeasure at their absence by peeing everywhere.
Come to think of it seems to be only happening when I'm away at work. I'll come home and find one of them has peed on it. Doesn't happen when I'm at home all day.

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
Have you changed your routine any?

Cats hate change.
My hours at work have been more irregular ever since I started working second shift in December. And I have been working five days a week instead of four.

Also, ran out of treats before this started happening and have yet to replenish them. At the same time, when I ran out of the treats the cat grass I was growing was long enough for the cats to use. Ophelia will go crazy for it while Eddie only seems to kind of like it. And its kind of the opposite for the treats. They both like definatly like them, but Eddie will be all over me trying to get one while Ophelia will come on her own terms and is not always lured by the promise of treats.

Oh geez. You don't think Eddie is doing this because he's mad at me just because I don't have treats for him?

Originally Posted by selm
Actually, I can't smell it without having to put my face in it. I don't even notice until I have sat or laid down on the bed and felt the wet spot.

[ And usually I shut my bedroom door. I'm not exactly sure how they're getting in. When I have had either of them in the bedroom and they wanted out they can't get it open by themselves.
Is it possibly a leak from the roof? Look up -[/quote]

Nope. No signs of water leakage on the ceiling. I said I don't smell it unless I put my face to it...it smells like urine, but its faint.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:11 PM

It can be a urinary tract infection, do you have new litter, cats are picky about litter, or it could be jealousy, Are there any new additions or changes to the family, or it could be territorial spraying if not fixed, if its that usually fixing won't help if the behavior has already started. You can try the litter that they have that attracts them to the box, or feliway, i didn't have to much luck with feliway but others have. First i would take them to the vet and make sure its not a UTI, that can solve you problem with simple antibiotics. With mine it was extreme jealousy
Old 02-05-2011, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess
Maybe other quilters here with kitties can help me out here.

I have two cats and for the last few nights one of them has been urinating on my bed. I haven't caught them in the act so I'm not for certain which one it is, but I think the cat in question is Eddie (male grey tabby) as Ophelia (little black calico female) never ever goes into my room (don't think she's too fond of me) whereas Eddie will walk right in if the door's open. This isn't the first time its happened, but never like three days in a row.

Their litter is clean. They're getting fed. They're perfectly healthy cats. They're spoiled with cat grass, treats, and toys and get petted all the time so they are loved. However, they're acting like they're in heat so that might be one reason they might be doing this. But how do I get them to stop? I am sick of coming in from work to find the quilts on my bed were used as a cat box.
My daughter had the same problem with one of her cats (she has 6, yes, 6 - all house cats)& did have him to the vet. He did have a urinary tract infection and was put on an medication but the problem continued. Now, believe it or not, promise not to laugh, (lol)the Dr. put him on Prozac and he has been fine since !!
Old 02-05-2011, 06:04 PM

Cats are often blamed for transmitting toxoplasmosis to humans, so I would be extra careful to make sure this cat could not continually foul my bed - just in case it inadvertently picks up the parasite from any meat it consumes. Err on the side of caution - it is only a pet and not the owner of the house.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:14 PM

Glad I just have a good little dog.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:14 PM

Nuetered males have a tendency to get bladder infections. Possibly that is the problem. I would have the Vet check him and maybe he will put him on a special diet food and some meds. Good Luck
Old 02-05-2011, 06:17 PM

My male cat has always been very clean but one day he came out in my kitchen & urinated on the floor right in front of us. I took a urine sample into the vet and found out the poor buddy had diabetes! He was on insulin for about 6 months but after a lot of research and a diet change, he has been off insulin for more than a year. Unfortunately he has a developed what will probably be a terminal condition but right now he is his big old happy self!
Old 02-05-2011, 06:19 PM

I had the EXACT same problem. It was a urinary tract infection which is far more prevalent in males. Get him to the vet.

As for the odor, the best product I've every found and used is "Nature's Miracle". It's available in my local Pet Smart, but thankfully I haven't had to use it in years.