I'M SO MAD!!!

Old 11-03-2010, 09:44 PM

That makes me so angry!!!:x Why do people do such things?
Old 11-03-2010, 09:45 PM

[quote=Candace]They will pay. IF not now, then later. :
Old 11-03-2010, 10:35 PM

OMG That is terrible! One good thing is she didn't get hurt. I hope they find them & throw them in the big house right where they belong!
Old 11-04-2010, 03:14 AM

When I am in the front yard, the back door is locked. When I am in the back yard, the front door is locked. I never unlock a door to ANYONE (except neighbors and friends). I just talk through the door. It is such a shame. I remember when I was a kid and my parents could go on vacation without locking the doors (so the neighbors could feed the bird and water the plants). Now, everything is locked up tighter than a drum. But I do feel safe and secure. Another thing, also - I don't have any door bells - Bess is our doorbell - and she lets me know when someone is at the door. I have a sign on our window that says "No Soliciting." So that ends the door to door. Seems like every tom, dick and harry are out trying to sell roofing, windows and aluminum siding - ever notice it is always after a rain storm? I nailed them good. The idiot told me that by law the insurance company has to pay for new siding, new roofing and new windows if the screens and/or storms are broken. I told them that we have lived here fora 38 years (true) and the aluminum siding is just fine. Oxidized a bit, but fine. And if it was like that when we moved in, why would we take advantage of our insurance company. We even had a new roof put on in May and paid for it ourselves because it was old - holy cats - these dingos don't care if the insurance company cancels us or raises our rates, they just get their commission and some fly by night outfit does a lousy job. See, there I go again - on a tangent - off the original subject. I think the lady is safe in her home, but I would keep the doors locked and if she is going to sell some property, put it in the hands of a realtor so she doesn't have to deal with it. I feel bad because I am getting up in that age category also and I don't want to lose my faith in people (what faith is left) and have to be on the lookout with the eyes in back of my head. Edie
Old 11-04-2010, 04:24 AM
Power Poster

How sad, and scarry. Glad she is okay............people have turned so mean.......
Old 11-04-2010, 04:51 AM

It is a sad world we live in. Two years ago, just 2 weeks after the death of my sister's only son, our mom got a phone call supposedly from "my son" saying he was in Canada and had an accident and would she send money. She did by moneygram through Walmart because that is how they said to do it. They called the next two days for more money. They knew a lot of details about our family when she asked questions so she believed that he was my son. (My son is a truck driver and we never know where his job will take him.) The scam finally came to light and it had taken most of her savings. This was 2 years ago and they still have not caught the people involved. It is so sad to have people play on an elderly, trusting lady who had just lost her grandson. You can't trust anybody.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:42 AM

My heart is broken for your friend. There is a special place in Hell for these people, they say. God Bless your friend.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:39 AM

People nowadays have no conscience. They will pay. It may not be immediate but it will happen.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:44 AM

The cons are getting craftier every day. It is a sad statement about the world we live in... :-( :thumbdown:
Old 11-04-2010, 07:52 AM

It makes me so upset to read such things. Our world is just in such a negative tailspin. Even the authorities seem to have lost their clout. I have never heard of this type of crime before. One more piece of evidence that we must be so very cautious at all times. I pray the culprits are found and convicted and that your friend can feel liss threatened, but continues to be very cautious.