Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
June 2012 Weight Loss adventure with a prize!!!! >

June 2012 Weight Loss adventure with a prize!!!!

June 2012 Weight Loss adventure with a prize!!!!

Old 06-17-2012, 02:30 AM

Gayle, what a kind thing you and your friends did in buying the new sewing machine. I love Glenn and my hounds but I know my circle of women friends always have my back good times or bad.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:14 AM

it's so nice you helped your friend, gayle! it's a blessing for all of you.
i think i should drop out of this diet thread. my dh has been away for almost 2 weeks and i have eaten nothing but junk. i can't believe how non-existent my will power is! is there a prize for gaining the most weight in a month?
Old 06-17-2012, 09:03 AM

Good afternoon ladies..........I hope to be more active with the group. I owe the last 2 months winners a huge apology. I have not mailed your winnings. They are sitting here waiting for me to have some income to mail. I hate being unemployed. I am so sorry that you havent received you winnings. They are safe and sound.

I had my Eastern Star installation on Friday night.. and was totally blown away by the attendance and support I received. The purple gumball quilt look awesome on the alter.

Prayers to everyone who has posted needs.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:59 PM

Had to share my new patio table. I asked for a table that would fold up to put on our patio. DH finished it yesterday and we had our first meal out there today. What a great Father's Day!!!

Having friends over for hamburgers tonight. Will be great to see them again, sit outside and relax before it rains again.

Have a great day.[ATTACH=CONFIG]342720[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails patio-table-002.jpg  
Old 06-17-2012, 01:12 PM

Everose, what a nice table - he must love woodworking like you do quilting. You backyard looks so lovely and inviting.

I went to lunch with friends after church, which I never do and now I'm having trouble getting started on things I need to get done. I would like an energy pill if there really is such a thing that works. I didn't have any trouble taking a nap, but that's as far as I've gotten.

I have been playing on the computer looking for a small machine to take to church work sessions. Gayle, which one did you get for your friend? Amazon has a couple Brothers that I can have before Wednesday or my LQS has a mechanical Janome. Can I afford this? No. Was I freaked out by the electrical plug on the 301 shooting out a huge spark last week? Yes. Will a lightweight plastic machine sew through seams of several layers? I don't need it to FMQ or anything. I have the 301 and several boat anchors that will do that at home. Decisions, decisions. The Janome Magnolia appeals to me - is it because it has a flower on it, but it's a little more than I'm looking at.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:20 PM

Wow Everose I love the table. My brother does woodworking like that. He is so busy or I would have him working for me. I have a waving flag quilt hanging in my entry foyer that he has been hinting he wants one of for years. I am going to try to work out a trade with him. I need a new hood above my stove and a few other things that I think are above my skill level as an electrician and installer.
My brother has a time share in Hilton Head. They also just bought a vacation/retirement home in Myrtle beach. This is the first time they have ever invited any of us to their vacation home. (at least on our side, her brothers and sister come all the time) My daughter and I are going. If she can't get off of work I will go alone. It is about a 12 hour drive. I looked briefly at flights and if we don't fly out of the local airport it is reasonable. I live near Cincinnati, OH it is listed as one of the most expensive airports in the US. If we drive 1 1/2 hours we can save over half. One of the flights I looked at actually stops in Cincinnati.
I have been FMQ a t-shirt all afternoon. I am about half way done. I need to get it finished I am being paid to make it. I can spend the money in Hilton Head. I am making it for a friend who is a huge rock and roll fan. They are all rock and roll. I found a perfect fabric for the back. I am going to FMQ guitars in the border. The rest is just a meander. I can't wait to finish it. It isn't what I want to be doing.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:48 PM

I am in to, I started dieting June 1, so this will keep me in line
Old 06-17-2012, 03:40 PM

Welcome, qltinglady. Has your diet been successful so far this month? We need some new ideas.

I've never had any desire to make a t-shirt quilt, but then I've only been quilting for 1 1/2 years. Maybe some day.
Old 06-17-2012, 04:35 PM

Good evening ladies, I've been out of touch for months and really missed this group. I know I'm way too late to join for the FQs this month, but I will follow along while I try to get back on track. The past few months have gone by in a fog for me, but I think I am starting to come back to myself. Unfortunately going around in a fog resulted in a lot of mindless eating so I have more weight to lose. I am heavier now than I have ever been in my life. I am ready to make some changes, but I sure could use your cheerful "voices" in my corner.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:30 PM

Hello, lauriejo, I've missed your avatar. I have a daughter who looks like that without her coffee except she is pretty and blonde, not green. I've been gaining, too, so we can help each other out.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life - let me act like it.