Memories.....

Old 01-11-2011, 09:30 AM
Power Poster

I remember 12 of them, so I guess I am "ancient" too :D:D:D
Old 01-11-2011, 09:59 AM

I remembred all but the one - sweet cigs - both my parents smoked but never heard of those.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:00 AM

From an ancient friend. Or, perhaps a young friend who listened well at relatives knees. Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:02 AM

Oh I knew it, I am soooooo (positively) ancient LOL
I don't know sweet cigarettes (we did have menthol flavoured),
And our TV ( we got the first when I was 13) had only 1 station, and we could watch it from 19.00 - 22.00 , plus a childrens program on wednesday afternoon)

But...oh dear... I even remember the milkman from the time before milk was in glas bottles! eeekkk. LOL The milk was stored in large milk barrels (? The type the farmers used when they were still milking by hand).
Woman came to his cart with a pot, that as called a milk cooker, it had a special shape and a lid with holes in it.
The milkman messured 1/2 or 1 liter milk or buttermilk. After some time a layer of cream formed on the milk.
Yep, I really am ancient.
Gosh, I love the memories, thanks for bringing them back
Old 01-11-2011, 10:07 AM

Positively ancient here...seems like those things were a poart of our lives not that long ago...my oldest granddaughter, aged 10 finds it hard to believe we once cooked without a microwave :)
Old 01-11-2011, 10:09 AM

Well I am ancient since I remember them all, but I am ok with that. My father used to say we are not getting older we are only getting better.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:18 AM
Banned

remember the lot--------older than dirt, thanks Ditter.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:25 AM

Always had something to do and never said "I'm bored."

Thanks for the trip down memory lane Ditter.

mltquilt[/quote]

If you were smart you never said "I'm bored" around MY mom. She could find all kinds of things for you to do, very little of it fun!! Good thing too, I guess, I know how to clean house and never get bored!!!
Old 01-11-2011, 10:33 AM

"If you were smart you never said "I'm bored" around MY mom. She could find all kinds of things for you to do, very little of it fun!! Good thing too, I guess, I know how to clean house and never get bored!!![/quote]"

Same here, you never dared to say you were bored at our house. If Mom didn't find something for you to do, she kicked you outside!
Old 01-11-2011, 10:37 AM

I am such an old soul!!!!
I am 35, and I cn remember 8 of those things, and it is so funny because I still have my favorite "ice trays" with the levers, I reember listening to the TV stations going of the air and only being able to get 2 or 3 stations ABC and CBS, and a fuzzy PBS or NBC on an antena and I remember when cable ws 15$ a month for 20 or so channels. I remember rotary phones,and not being able to afford a phone because it was a convenience, I remember borrowing records from the library to listen to, and playing with 33 and 45 lol to make them sound chipmunk like.When I was 7 nieghbors next to us had a dairy farm and gave us milk cream and butter for 1.25/ gal and breaking the glass jug and having to pay an extra dollar, also the wonderful garden and the bags of zucchini and tomatoes, and even though we had fast food it was a once a month treat to go to Micky D's, How times have changed and not for the better....
I am out of work and relly not healthy enough to work and I feel bad because my kids asked why does Santa bring other kids video games and such... My explanation well Santa brngs a few things but parent who have more money are able to go out and buy more...
Going out to eat.... I learn how to make special stuff at home...When my kids look back I hope they remember like I do, it is not about quantitee but QUALITYjust like home made quilts :).
Love and Bless to you all sorry so long winded (hug)