migraine

Old 06-28-2011, 03:11 AM

I take Imitrex - in nasal spray form. Since I had a hysterectomy, my migraines are far less frequent and less violent and I also find that taking Excedrin as soon as i feel one coming on. Excedrin is a combination of aspirin, ibuprofen and caffeine. I feel your pain. I wish you success in overcoming your migraines.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:12 AM

I need quiet,dark room....but the med from Dr ....Maxalt...works for me.The tablet disolves on the tongue & usually over in 20-30 mins.Excedrin migrane medicine also works for most.It can be bought in any drugstore.

What helps me the most is staying away from any & all artifical sweetners. Hope you find help.

Originally Posted by sawsan
How u make it easier :-( I know it is difficult but did u try any thing near the pain killer, quite place, no TV, no computer, wet cloth, hot shower may be must cold one i don't know, a cup of dry mint works sometimes not this time.
What is your experience
It's bad :(
Old 06-28-2011, 03:16 AM

I suffered from migraines for years; About 4 years ago, I went to a chiropractor. He found out my cervical spine was really 'messed up'. I went 3x/week for several months and now I visit him once a month for 'maintenance'. I haven't had a migraine since.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:02 AM

I have them too...see a neurologist, they can prescribe something for you. If you have them often, they can prescribe a preventative, that you take daily.
I take Imitrex as needed...which isn't often now. There is alot to consider for migraine relief.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:13 AM

Excedrine works great for me. what worked best was cutting the length off my hair. I used to get migrains 2-3 times a week when my hair was halfway down my back. I cut it very short, pixie cut, and have only had one migraine in a month.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:28 AM

Don't laugh, but when I was younger I had migraines and the Dr. had me take Midol PMS. At least give it a try..
Hope you get better!!!!
Old 06-28-2011, 05:13 AM

I was told by an herbalist to use the essential oil Peppermint. It does work and work very well. Take the bottle and use 1 drop on your finger and rub it on the spot that is pounding (keep away from Eyes fumes very strong) in a few minutes it will feel cold and the pain will go away. This can be repeated as needed. Also works well with stoved thumbs. Relieves a lot of the pain.
What it does is constrict the blood vessels that are pounding.
I use to have migraines that I would slam my head into a cast iron bath tub. I was vomiting and head was pounding. Since I found the peppermint treatment I keep it with me at all times, NOTE Check your blood pressure when you get one, could be it is very high and you need BP medication from your Doctor.
Good luck they are no fun.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:24 AM

After 30 years of migraines, I tried a beta blocker - metoprolol. Now I only rarely have them, and they are manageable with just a generic equivalent of Excedrin (aspirin, acetaminophen, and caffeine). Wow! I have to take it (the metoprolol) every day, but it's well worth it! I sure hope yours go away quickly.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:42 AM

I suffer with migraine headaches with auras. My treatment is to take a Fioricet tablet, not the generic, use a nasal spray which my doctor has injected novacaine into, an ice pack for my head and neck, a dark room, sunglasses and alot of prayers for relief.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:46 AM

Oh how I remember; I had a prescription from Dr for Fiorinal. If I took it a the slight twinge they never came full fledge. For some reason after child # 3 I rarely get them anymore; she was more than a blessing. I used to have to call my MIL to come get the others as I couldn't cope. Dark room, dry heaves for one to two days and then feeling like I was still out of it for a day or so. So sorry for your pain......