Pets?

Old 12-06-2011, 09:37 AM

I have had cats for years (all indoors). I used to be a vet tech, so definitely see the benefits of keeping them indoors.

I have one left now, who is partially deaf and 16 years young, she still climbs up her 6 foot cat tree. Amazingly, she survived the big move last year from CA to NV, and our younger cat stressed out, got sick, and had to be put down. Most of my cats have been pound babies.

Waiting to see if we end up with our son's cat, he's in the Navy and based in Spain, but is probably going to switch to Army and will have no room for her. So he will either find her a new home there, or ship her to us. She's only two or three (also a pound baby).

I did have several dogs growing up. A pound baby, a German Shepherd, and a Min Schnauzer, all at different times. I love cats and dogs.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:00 AM

I'm a dog lover myself. A 12 year old pomeranian who (thank God!) still acts like a pupppy! I've had her all her life. But when I was a little girl, I had a pet raccoon that we raised from birth. She/he was the neatest pet I ever owned; so full of curiosity and so comical.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:38 AM

I like all animals, but have dogs as pets. A 12 year old long haired chihuahua, who is bossy as can be. And my avatar, a 6-year old collie. The collie is a rescue. We've had her 2 years. I've always had dogs. At least one and usually more at a time. And I've never had one as special as this collie. My husband and I are both gaga over her.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:47 AM

Hi and welcome to the board from Iowa. Both cats and dogs have allowed us to live with them. Pets rule (smile).
Old 12-06-2011, 10:51 AM

Love dogs! I have a French Bulldog - flat face, bat ears. She is brindle with a white spot on every foot - like rear lights ! She is comical and just adorable!
Old 12-06-2011, 11:04 AM

OK....call me Scrooge! WHY is this in the "Main" section????? I generally skip the "silly stuff" and just read "Main". This is not quilting related...is it??
Old 12-06-2011, 11:11 AM

I'm a dog person. Currently have two, a beagle and a JackRussell/beagle mix. But I have a great respect for cats. Just never owned one.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tylerjones553 View Post
Do you like pets? ............. and if yes which is your favorite animal as a pet

I like pets already having 2 Dog Both are Boxer and they are very comical and now lazy too

DOGS, prefer pugs and English toy spaniels but any others too, raise money for dog rescue; sadly allergic to cats ,would love a Siamese, do also have 26 yr old Shetland pony too.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Wintersewer View Post
OK....call me Scrooge! WHY is this in the "Main" section????? I generally skip the "silly stuff" and just read "Main". This is not quilting related...is it??
this is the general chit chat non quilting if I remember right. Don't read if you don't want to.

I love dogs and cats. Used ot have indoor cats all the time, but now have one that stays outside--she doesn't like it inside. WE have 1 female spayed black lab rescued from abused home, 1 border collie who at this time resides outside but if it gets too cold he comes in and I have a puggle momma(had 10 babies this past summer) and 1 of her pups my DGD is supposed to get. I did have a pomeraniancross that we had for 12 yr. lost her to cancer 3 yr ago. we also had another outside dog that was an australian shepherd who was diagnosed with brain cancer at 18 mo and had to be put down. We love all our animals--live on farm, have many horses--15 or 16; plus lots of cows and calves. Hoping DH decides to sell down so he doesn't have to work too hard this winter.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:53 PM

I've had cats all my life, we have 3 between the ages of 10 and 16 right now. When these three cats have crossed the rainbow bridge, I won't be getting any more cats, they are just too much work for me. I have to keep my sewing room door closed so the cats can't get in because all three shed something fierce. We heat the house by a wood stove so the heat can't get in the sewing room either.

Two and a half years ago we got our first dog - a Yorkie-Poo. She is 5 and a half lbs and will be 3 on Dec 9, she has a great personality, doesn't shed, and is so much less trouble than the cats. I could be talked into another small dog if anything ever happens to Angie.

Last edited by jeaninmaine; 12-06-2011 at 12:56 PM.