Pets?

Old 12-06-2011, 02:13 PM

I love cats. We have two that we adopted from a shelter.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:58 PM

I have a beagle named Kasey. She is 7 months old and has been a great joy to us.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:02 PM

I have a sweet rescue pug named Hera. She is a companion dog and very kind and gentle.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:10 PM
Power Poster

We have 2 black lab/hound mixes Heidi and Sadie and they are great. Stubborn!!!! but loves - both of them. Then we are servants to 2 tuxedo cats Monty and Mr. Bean. They have all of us well-trained (including the dogs). I am amazed at how much I let those brats get away with. Good thing I don't have kids. lol
Old 12-06-2011, 06:26 PM

I love most dogs and all cats. We used to have both. Then for 30 years there were none. Now we are owned by a little gray and white feline dictator. She's the 2nd love of my life!
Old 12-06-2011, 06:32 PM

We have one dog, two cats, two very small ponies, four chickens and a hamster. Do our fish even count? We also have a pig, but he's not a pet. We're looking to add a horse and maybe a donkey or another miniature pony to the mix... and I'd LOVE a parakeet or two, LOL. Really have no preference between cats and dogs, they both have their unique attributes.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:45 PM

I have two cats! Cats rule! Dogs have owners...Cats have staff!!
Old 12-06-2011, 07:16 PM

Dogs are the best...loyal to a fault, unconditional love. A Minpin, Jackrat, Manchester Terrier, 2 Rat Terrier's here. All but one are rescue dogs. We also had a Doberman that we just laid to rest last year at the grand old age of 16 years. She was a wonderful lady.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:04 AM

Both cats and dogs. Have had both throughout the years.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:15 AM

We have the product of some hanky panky in the barn. The farmer's Black Lab (duck hunter) and German Shorthair (pheasant hunter) met for a rendesvous and had 11 puppies, and we got the winner! Her name is Miss Bess - Bessie, Bessie Mae, hey you, and Roundhead (you should never speak your dog's real name in anger). She will be nine years old. She is my assistant in the quilt making department. If she lays down and curls up on a quilt that I am working on, it is a good quilt. If not, I would assume she would get up and walk to the couch, hop up and dream of Mr. Right (for all the good that would do!). She understands us, and we understand her. She "talks", lets us know what to do, when to do it, how to do it and "Let's get the show on the road - I am ready for my walk!!!" When my husband was quite ill, I prayed a lot and would sit on the living room floor and pray and Bess would sit by me, like she knew exactly what I was doing. When we are out for a walk and there is a young dog close by, she will get excited and bark and wag her tail, but when an old timer walks by, she moves over, out of respect I am sure, and doesn't get barky and rambunctious so as not to excite the other dog. She has a true heart, a feeling for our feelings and I dearly love her, except when I call her ROUNDHEAD!
She has eaten my husband's $2,000 hearing aid, three pair of my glasses and always broke the same lens, so I could not just switch lenses. (All this happened about seven years ago and she has outgrown most of that stuff and we have forgiven her and I am sure she doesn't remember a darn thing!!!

But as my signature says "Be thou comforted Little Dog. Thou, too, in Resurrection shall have a little Golden Tail." Martin Luther, I know we will meet again at the Rainbow Bridge. And I know there is another dog in our future. Edie