Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >

Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 09-16-2011, 10:59 AM

I PASSED!!! I am a real nurse now!

and with all the stress of this week I still lost 2.4 pounds at my official weigh-in this morning. (9 pounds in two weeks)

I will have to try that pumpkin pie- it sounds yummy - and a great way to survive Thanksgiving in a few weeks.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:16 AM

:thumbup: :thumbup: :-D :-D :thumbup: :thumbup:
Congratulations! You are a nurse and you've lost weight. Woohoo!!

I didn't do the pie. I baked a sweet potato instead. I felt the need for a single serving. I lost a little more weight today. Not enough to try on the next size smaller pants, but closer.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:27 PM

I did great today at Olive Garden and yesterday at the Mexican restaurant.

Yesterday I had a taco and a tostado with lots of salad and 1/2 the chile relleno.

I brought home the rice, beans and enchilada for supper tonight.

Today at Olive Garden I ate 1 breadstick, lots of salad, and eggplant parmesan. It was delicious but I didn't do badly at all.

I had a good (?) report from the doctor. He thinks my PH is caused by sleep apnea, will go for sleep study Wednesday night. My only concern is that he said these results were "typical of a woman of my size." don't ask how angry I am...I will discuss with my doctor after all is through as she certainly don't think they are "typical for a fat woman."
Old 09-16-2011, 01:47 PM

CONGRATULATIONS katvert!!! I knew you could do it!
Old 09-16-2011, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by katvert
I PASSED!!! I am a real nurse now!

and with all the stress of this week I still lost 2.4 pounds at my official weigh-in this morning. (9 pounds in two weeks)

I will have to try that pumpkin pie- it sounds yummy - and a great way to survive Thanksgiving in a few weeks.
Yippeee! Congrats & best wishes!
Old 09-16-2011, 02:53 PM

katvert, that is a wonderful accomplishment! I am so proud of you and for you!

You Go! Girl!
Old 09-16-2011, 03:41 PM

KATVERT--CONGRATS
mj--if this dr is right, great, but his patient-side manner is horrible! why can't more drs have both? good manner and diagnostic accuracy? annoys me! it is important to have trust in your dr and if this guy doesn't inspire it, find another. he could be one of those who is a wonderful dr just no social skills. i went to one like that and complained to my referring dr. the ref dr. assured me the other guy really knew his stuff and was very good at everything except people. follow your gut. i wouldn't be here today if i hadn't! i insisted on bilateral mastectomies when i was 34. the frozen section showed i would have had full blown cancer, both sides within 2 years. i saved my life despite the experts' opinions against the surgery so i do strongly believe in trusting my intuition! you are in tune with your spirit--trust what it tells you!
Old 09-16-2011, 04:17 PM

Wow, could be good news, but what a crummy delivery. I fired a doctor recently, but it was for poor chairside manner and poor understanding of my problem. My PCP was in agreement that this rheumatologist was not the right doctor for me. The man all but blew me off, then wrote a report to my doctor about how serious my health issues are. Did he think I was too dumb or too fragile to handle the truth?

Having a good day, though I keep making messes. I have my bed tore apart, I started cutting another quilt, another is strung across two machines being FMQed, etc. Food - good, exercise - very good, though my foot hurts, closet cleaning - not good. The lake is so pretty when it's calm we had to go see it so I got my extra distance in, plus I did my TV program for the last time until Tuesday. Monday I have a Dr app't. I don't want a VCR or DVD player in my family room, but I may have to pull one out so I can exercise when I can't be home at 2:30.

Keep up the clean eating and healthy moving, everyone.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:48 PM

Are you going to use the DVD player to exercise? I want to use my DVD player to exercise too...do you just turn it on and it starts exercising? What parts of you does it move? Or does it spring arms and legs and start marching around?

Sorry for the sick sense of humor, I am in a crummy mood tonight. I should be really happy, instead I am so ticked off I am chewing the nails on the wall.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:49 PM
elm

Good day today. When I weighed myself I had lost one of the pounds I gained on vacation. Was able to navigate the super market without giving in to chips. Hope all of you had a good day also.