tattoos?

Old 04-11-2011, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
You can request the new easy to remove inks available now. They are much more expensive but well worth it. I can't imagine being a grandmother with tattoos!
I am a grandmother with a tat and all of my grand kids (all 12 of them) think it is beautiful. All 4 of my daughters have the exact same one in the exact same place.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:27 PM

Nope, no tattoo for me. The first one I saw was on a middle age WWII veteran. It had bled so bad, it was very ugly. I will always remember my first impression. I keep thinking that that cute little rose will some day be an ugly blob. Sorry, hope I'm not offending anyone, it is just that tattoos are NOT for me.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:15 PM

I always wanted to get a tattoo of a rose on my breast, but decided to just get it on my knee because at my age that's where they are headed anyway!
Old 04-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Power Poster

Woohooo! I just became a black belt in taekwondo. 47 Years young. No tatoo yet but I plan to have turtles and a Hawiian flower. I haven't found the right tatoo yet. I will most likely have it on my foot and partially up my leg.

Originally Posted by CristyK1
When I turn 50 (which is 12 years from tommorrow) and I'm still doing Martial Arts (I do Tae Kwon Do) I want to get a tattoo that says "Kick A** like a Girl" across my lower back. But that's still a far ways away.

Originally Posted by cpfrog
Silly thought but... just happened to glance at "fabric_fancy's" avatar.... born to quilt tattoo .... and wondered if any of you quilters out there have/wear(?) a tattoo ??
Old 04-11-2011, 08:32 PM

I have two - one on my upper arm of a blue flower that I had on my 40th and another one on my lower leg that was done last year of my daughters initials in a decorative font!!!!
Old 04-11-2011, 09:46 PM

I have 2 tattos a parrot on my ankle and a celtic butterfly design on my back. (which my daughter so lovenly told me is no called a tramp stamp which if I had know 15 years ago I might not have done it!) I love my tattoos and am going to get another one in the near future!
Old 04-11-2011, 09:47 PM

I want to do this with my kids baby pics!
Old 04-11-2011, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by ibequilting1
I gave myself a butterfly tatoo on my shoulder for my 69th birthday. I love it.
YOU ROCK!!!!

Being a nurse and getting up close and personal with patients you all would be shocked at the ladies who have tats :D :D :D
Old 04-11-2011, 10:30 PM

I always wanted to get a tattoo of a battle ship across my chest.. so I could watch it sink as I grew older...
but seriously, I have three tattoos. one ankle vine, it is covering a stupid celtic design tattoo that was poorly done; a parrot in a hibiscus flower on my back; and my entire thigh (and its a big thigh!) has a phoenix rising out of the flames. But they can all be hidden for work and most people at work would not suspect their boss, an old, fat, grandma, who quilts, is a secret tattoo junkie! LOL

My mother did tell me if I got a tattoo no decent man would ever want me. Crap. She may have been right! LOL. but I doubt the tattoos have anything to do with it.

And the term "tramp stamp" is still used today to describe the lower back tattoo that many young women get, you know, the one that shows when they bend over and their a$$ crack hangs out their pants.

I plan to someday get more work done. But not a tramp stamp. I am thinking a frog this time. Or a lizard. Or a griffin. Sigh. I may have to get more than one.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by lovingmama
I think nowadays the question is, who hasn't a tattoo.

I don't! But I'd love to get the temporary quilting tattoos. 8-)