Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Husbands...boyfrineds and such regarding quilting >

Husbands...boyfrineds and such regarding quilting

Husbands...boyfrineds and such regarding quilting

Old 09-19-2011, 05:28 AM

my hubby is very supportive and is the first to show off my work to anyone who stops by...

He never questions what I buy, and is okay that just about everything I make is given away to someone...be it friend or charity.

I will keep him :-)
Old 09-19-2011, 05:39 AM

You go girl!!!!
Old 09-19-2011, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish
I must be very lucky, the situations described in this thread are totally foreign to me. My husband supports my hobby and will sacrifice things he wants so that I can have what I'd like. I strive to do the same for him. Enabling each other's hobbies makes for a happy marriage! :D
Ditto...My hubby will do without so I can have also. But you know I think we teach our men how to treat us right from the beginning of our relationship. I see it now with all the young guys my hubby works with. The name calling, what have you. There is no way we would have talked to each other like that nor will we ever talk to each other like that. My heart goes out to women who are abused but I always say "they must be blind or forgot where the door is that they came in thru"
Old 09-19-2011, 05:50 AM

Married 3 times and finally gave up on men even though my last 2 were good husbands according to society.
It is tragic the lives that are ruined because of prejudice not only of sex but of race.
I am single so can buy quilting supplies when I choose.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:58 AM

My DH and I took a road trip to NC this past week. I hunted down some fabric/LQS stores to peruse. We finally found one really nice quilt store. He came in with me, walked around, made suggestions, wanted me to buy more than I needed or wanted, or could afford, talked at length with one of teh staff sewing blocks for a display quilt, asked if I was sure I got what I wanted, and we left happy. Next store he encouraged me to buy both yardages of fabric as he knew I would love and use both of them. I did.
He wanted nothing except a good seafood dinner which he got.
This marriage of 37 years has been a journey, not alway's equal, we worked on it, no abuse but lots of respect, and it works great for us.
I am sorry for those who are in an abusive relationship. It messes with you big time. My DSis is in one. She has health problems up the wazoo. So sad.
My DH mother used an iron skillet on him many times growing up. I am the one who taught him women aren't all like her. He had a lot of abuse from her growing up. Shameful women.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:00 AM

I am really lucky. My husband has always supported my sewing. I have never had to justify buying something or ask for permission. The only thing that he does not support sometimes is the time I spend sewing. On nice days he wants to go out and have fun. We both work all week and weekends are all we have. So we compromise. It works for us and I am happy.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:02 AM

My mom (I'm 50) instilled in us that men do not "babysit" their own children (I REALLY hate this one) that working at home is just as important, that ironing military uniforms and polishing boots isn't a wives responsibility. That spending money on what makes us happy should make them happy as long as paying bills isn't an issue.

My BIL tells people when they ask where my sis is that "she is out saving him money" because she is shopping the sales. He often says "Bunny please don't save me any money today"!!
Old 09-19-2011, 06:06 AM

Hear! Hear!!
Old 09-19-2011, 06:06 AM

Feel better now? :lol:
Old 09-19-2011, 06:08 AM

I am so blessed to have a husband who appreciates my sewing. He even found a quilter on craig's list once and called about it. (He was too late, it was already sold). He tells me to buy whatever I want, but I know we need a new tractor, so I'm holding off on a new machine until we fill that order.