Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Was I wrong to be disappointed???

My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA
    Blog Entries
    Wow, just responded to a baby quilt post with disappointment.
    What is up with those we give to?
    I guess we have to realize .. a gift is just that. given away.
    Hard to think that way with all the work that goes into the work. Care, love each stitch. But then, I don't quilt for myself either.
    So, hands in air.. No answer on this. But understand your disappointment.

Ell

I wonder why she didn't just purchase a dust ruffle?

Don't feel bad-to her it wasn't complete without a ruffle. Be thankful she didn't give it to the dog!!

Blog Entries
    Sometimes when we are really excited, we say things badly. We don't mean to, but we are not thinking beyond 'this minute'. I bet she doesn't realize you were hurt. She's human. She was excited with it, when she got it, now she's even happier with it. Your kindness made her that happy. That's quite a memory you gave her. She'll always remember.

Well she RUFFLED your feathers anyway. Maybe she doesn't know the difference between a QUILT and a BEDSPREAD! There may come a time when she doesn't want an (ugly, IMHO) ruffle on her QUILT and will remove it. Could be, too, that she is visually impaired and needs ruffles everywhere. You are a great friend to match her bedroom decor and make her a priceless gift even if she doesn't realize the value of both. YOU know and we all think you are great for loving her inspite of it. At least she asked you to help put it on rather than sneak around behind your back and get someone else to.

Blog Entries
    Dinlaurin, I am a riffler type person only because my husband hates bedspreads and with a ruffle I can get away with a beautiful sewn quilt and he down know it is in lew ofbedspread. Every one can ooo and aw it and I don't have a fight on my hands.

Blog Entries
    Dinlaurin, I am a riffler type person only because my husband hates bedspreads and with a ruffle I can get away with a beautiful sewn quilt and he down know it is in lew ofbedspread. Every one can ooo and aw it and I don't have a fight on my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
    it's like putting on jewelry - not dressed until you do. some people are more fru-fru than others. i'm sure there was nothing wrong with your quilt.
    so true.

Quote Originally Posted by garysgal
    Don't feel bad-to her it wasn't complete without a ruffle. Be thankful she didn't give it to the dog!!
    Made me chuckle.

Wait until she washes it and has to iron all of those ruffles with the quilt hanging over her ironing board. I shudder to think of it (the ironing).

Blog Entries
    Some people are just silly.

Maybe the quilt was the right size but the bed needed a skirt or dust ruffle, and this addition just made the difference?

I wouldn't be hurt, she is using and displaying the quilt and obviously happy with it or she wouldn't have asked how to make the bed perfect with it.

Quote Originally Posted by garysgal
    I was just thinking the same thing! Think how hurt she would feel if she visited and found a dog laying and slobbering all over it. Somehow, the ruffle doesnt sound so bad afterall.

Blog Entries
    I let my dogs on my quilts, they sleep on them all the time. They are part of my family so I don't have a problem w/it. One time I was out of town and I talked to my husband and he was all nervous sounding, come to find out one of the dogs had gotten sick on my king size stack and whack quilt and he thought I'd be very upset. I told him to take it off the bed pre-treat the spot and throw it in the washer. He couldn't believe it came out so nicely. I've had store bought comforters that don't launder well or hold up to normal use, not to mention pets.
    Marie M.

Maybe she was more accustomed to a "bedspread" than a quilt, and instead of having a "dust ruffle" around mattress and quilt on top, she wanted it all one piece. She probably didn't even realize she had offended you. I would love a friend to make me a quilt. I am usually the giver of handmade things. When you make a gift you put so much of yourself into that gift and want it to be just right.I'm sure she loves her quilt.

mabey it didnt quite come out like she thought she had said it. Ive done the same thing on accident. But my problem was the other way: taking the ruffles off rather then putting them on. the ruffles would irratate me in my sleep. so as we were taking it out i was telling the quilt horrible things and at the end i told it it was finnaly beautiful. it wasnt that the quilt was ever ugly(not even close) but it had finnaly gotten all back together and would not irratate me in my sleep and was perfect all back together. mabey the words just did not come out right.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4