Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
looking for feedback... >

looking for feedback...

looking for feedback...

Old 03-07-2011, 05:11 PM

As someone whose best friend had cancer. I would say ask her she will tell you. That way you know what she wants.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:28 PM

I have never had any type of cancer. Thank you for showing your love for your sister and go with your heart feelings.
I hate all the "pink" things they have for breast awareness.
I had a good friend who at age 38 died from breast cancer
10 yrs ago. Not any of those pink purchases helped her
pay her utilities, mortgage etc, and put food on her table with young children at home.
JMO
Old 03-07-2011, 05:41 PM

When in doubt - make another choice. IMHO
Old 03-07-2011, 05:52 PM

cancer mean radiation and chemo - chilly rooms. How about a pink & white check in nice warm flannel??
Saw some at joanns
Old 03-07-2011, 06:26 PM

ok you ask so here goes, hope I don't offend anyone.

I have breast cancer and I refuse to have the doctors touch me. They are nuts as far as I'm concerned. They want to cut you up piece by piece then hit you up with drugs that are so toxic that your body's own immune system can't help itself. I personally think the whole pink ribbon thing is a horrible joke that only sucks money from innocent people who are so ill their only hope is some miracle because their bodies are pushed to the edge of death from the treatments received from the medical doctors.

I have had my cancer for over a year now and I'm not sick or hurting. I'm not going to say I will live another year or another month because I don't know how long I will live, only God knows for sure but what I can say is this. I will not die believing in the lies or going through the tourer that the pharmaceutical companies or the medical doctors have to offer. When I finally go it will be because my body has done it's best and it wasn't enough. We are not in this world to live forever but to live the best we can with what time we have and to enjoy every minute and not harm others.

As far as the Pink Ribbon backing, if she feels like I do then she will except it and never say a word because she will know you meant well but at the same time she will not use it but put it in a safe place because it will remind her of your thoughtfulness and for that she would appreciate it.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Power Poster

There are so many times when each of us sees the pink ribbons. Too bad you couldn't just mention them to her and see how she feels about them before you complete the quilt.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:54 PM

i think i would use a neutral background, and fussy cut a few of the ribbons & applique them on the label..

maybe put on the label it those ribbons represent you're admiration for her struggle & your prayers for her good health..
Old 03-07-2011, 07:07 PM

there breast cancer survivors out there i have a friend that is one since 1972 no relaspes what i call clean all these yrs.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:21 PM

I had breast cancer and I have t shirts cups etc with breast cancer awarness and just made myself a pink ribbon quilt. To me I like the things around me as a reminder it was long and hard journey but I beat it!
Old 03-07-2011, 07:45 PM

AS bigdogmom said, maybe going with something that makes her happy would be a better choice...

My daughter-in-law is fighting leiomyosarcoma....cancer of the soft tissue...the out come isn't good...it is a rare cancer but she is young and a real fighter...3 kids, youngest is 3 and autistic...

So I as you am going to make her a quilt...It will be purples, because it is for cancer and blue because it's her fav color...I am OK with the purples because she has a ribbon tat that is purple and black ..for cancer in general and brain cancer...her dad died from brain cancer just before Christmas last year...so this has been a real hard 15 months....Not sure what pattern I am going to do but am collecting batiks in blues and purples ....thanks for listening!