Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
OK I know This Is The Dumbest Question Ever!! >

OK I know This Is The Dumbest Question Ever!!

OK I know This Is The Dumbest Question Ever!!

Old 05-26-2010, 06:19 AM
Pam

Originally Posted by Rainy Day
I am seriously thinking about organising one down here - any takers?
http://www.visitmorningtonpeninsula.org/
Oh, I really hope you do! It is a lot of work to be an organizer if you do formal things, but the fun, get together for a few day ones and sooo much fun. Good luck, if you need ideas, PM me.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:22 AM
Pam

So Marsye, Are you thinking you might want to go to a retreat?
Old 05-26-2010, 06:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Pam
So Marsye, Are you thinking you might want to go to a retreat?
YEAH!!!!! But I don't want to sew....I just want to sit in the woods and feed the squirrels!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-73748.jpe  
Old 05-26-2010, 06:38 AM

We usually go to a camp ground, where boy scouts go, so there are cabins and a kitchen etc... We also go to a quilt store that has a furnished apartment upstairs that is all set up with beds. Its awesome!
Old 05-26-2010, 06:39 AM

My girlfriends and I go on a quilt retreat every year. We pick a different location, get a resort with two bedrooms, load up the car with our sewing machines and gear and off we go! We've been to Gatlinburg, Hilton Head, Williamsburg, Wisconsin Dells, Boyne Mountain, and French Lick, IN. This year, in Oct. we're going to Cape Cod. We each cook a dinner and go out the rest of the nights, we hit the local quilt shops, we sight see, we talk, laugh, and best of all, we make quilts! Sometimes we work on UFOs, sometimes we find a new inspiration and all make a new pattern. It's so much fun! Now I'm going to start organizing week-long, small private retreats for 6-10 women at a resort in their location. As soon as things slow down a little (maybe in the fall) I'm going to make up some brochures to send to guilds. But if you and some of your friends would like to go to a week-long retreat for about $250 (includes food and classes), give me a holler and I'll see if I can find a resort in your area and plan one!
Old 05-26-2010, 06:40 AM

Now I like the last place you listed above a quilt store, but that might be just tooooo tempting, who could ever sit and sew knowing that all that beautiful and neat stuff was just so close you could actually reach out and touch it every few minutes. lol Gerbie
Old 05-26-2010, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Jshep
stitchinwich where exactly is your lodge located?
http://www.gastons.com/ - Did you mean Gaston's? Check out the site - it is so nice!
Old 05-26-2010, 06:49 AM

http://www.bigcedar.com/

Oh! I see - when I said "we have a great resort here", you thought that I mean that personally - no-I meant we like in the Ozarks! ----------- ha! I WISH WE had it!
Old 05-26-2010, 06:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
Originally Posted by Jshep
stitchinwich where exactly is your lodge located?
http://www.gastons.com/ - Did you mean Gaston's? Check out the site - it is so nice!
Oh yes! We had lunch there a few weeks ago. A great place but it was kinda pricey but what the heck its only money (OUCH! my mother just slapped me!) :lol: :lol:
Old 05-26-2010, 07:24 AM

All Texas quilters should check out the Compass Center in Mt. Calm, TX. (a google search wil take you there...sorry no link...) A BEAUTIFUL retreat location--set up especially for crafters/quilters! Every bunk has an original quilt on the bed! I don't know how far in advance you need to book, but my guild recently went, and they had a Ball! They even quilted in their jammies the last day..LOL! The food is all prepared and most exquisite...(no dish washing required!) and she even has a small quilt shop on site....how could you possible go wrong...rockers on the porch to relax when you want, and they hire a massage therapist to come in for hire--a real pampering get away...(especially for those Mom's with little kids at home!) No distractions...just lots of sewing, or napping, games were played, and a great time was had by all! This place is worth the drive!