Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pledge to be Positive >

Pledge to be Positive

Pledge to be Positive

Old 09-06-2010, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by catrancher
Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Noveltyjunkie, America does NOT come into it!!! As you said it's about a person's values, no matter where you live or come from!!
Of course, America doesn't come into it and it is definitely about a person's values. I only brought it up as Americans because I was speaking specifically to the one member who got me thinking about this in the first place. She was the one who brought up the point that this forum is read all over the world, and so I was referencing what she said. I did not intend to imply that Americans should somehow be different from people of other nations in this regard.

That said, however, (and maybe I've missed something) I've never seen a thread where a group of Australians or a group of Europeans or any members from anywhere else are carping about some local place that we Americans don't know anything about. Nevertheless, noveltyjunkie, your point is well taken and everyone everywhere should be polite on such a big public stage.
Well, of course other countries gripe about certain stores,etc. Thats a human thing, not a country thing.

We just don't hear it because we hang out on sites that are mostly Americans. Yes, theres other countries here, but I'd bet its over 90% Americans here.

If we went to sites that the majority were another country, I'm sure you'd find complaints about someplace there.

I do totally agree with everything else you said, though. You are being the change that you want to see! I applaud you!
Old 09-06-2010, 07:08 AM

Don't remember the situation specifically but I will say that this same scenario popped up a few years ago on Compuserve and AOL quilting boards. Bottom line is every every member has a right to express their own opinions be they negative or positive and every member also has the right to skip over any topic they don't want to read. That's pretty simple.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Cuilteanna
That's probably why I don't post often, positivity is not a natural Irish trait LOL.
That is so funny!I thought you Irish were a happy lot,good cheer and all that.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by dphelps
Catrancher, Here is my positiveism for the day. I am so blessed to be here today for yet another wonderful day in my life in this world. It is a beautiful day here and I bet somewhere else , and for all the blessings I have received or will receive, I thank my maker sincerely. Let us all try to remember to be thankful for POSITIVE things in our lives, even the simplest things.
By the way, I really like your blog. BE HAPPY ALL!
Thank you. I love your post.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
I think that criticism has its place but one negative comment does not have to be belabored. Nor does it have to turn into a feeding frency at the shark tank.

Good for you for wanting to stay positive.
I agree. For every negative experience, we could mention a hundred good experiences. We just tend to focus on the things that go wrong more. I appreciate the warnings from folks about businesses or products that are less than satisfactory, but I appreciate even more those that inform me of really good products or retailers. Thanks for all the great advice. And thanks for grace if we're having a rough day!
Old 09-06-2010, 10:06 AM

I agree with Kapatt. Some of the negativity I felt came from the fact that I have shopped at JoAnn's for years, enjoy the interaction with the staff and hate to see them lose the focus that I found so perfect for my needs. That being said I still shop there and hope they stay in business.

I also agree that this site would not be the great place to hang out, that it is, if it became negative all the time but 99.9% of the posts are positive, helpful and informative. The occasional negative one can also be helpful and in this particular instance reflected my feelings.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Power Poster

I read your comment and agree that it is so much better for all of us to try to be positive but I also think that you need to be yourself. We are all human and need to complain once in a while. When people don't experience or let all their feelings out (happy, sad, positive, negative, hurt or scared) is when they can become intorverted or invite sickness upon themselves. I believe that disease is caused by people who are not at ease and how can one fully live life and learn to be at ease unless we allow ourselves to experience and express all of the emotions that make us human. Just my learning opinion. :)
Old 09-06-2010, 05:13 PM

I guess I missed the whole thing since I wasn't interested in reading about Joann's.
But I am a big fan of giving off postive feelings and you get them back, even when others around me are carping, I try to keep a happy outlook and usually get what I want. If not, I move on, don't waste any energy on negative things.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Dee

I think one posts and in sincerety and just expressing their opinion. But I go by, catching more bees with honey. I feel there are some that make a mountain out of a mole hill. Ready to jump on anything that is not their way of thinking. I'm happy your positive, but remember to be yourself and America is freedom of speech, last time I heard.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:03 PM

I shopped at JoAnn's in Missoula, Mt today and boy were they busy! But, they are so friendly, and the cutters cut slowly and are careful and even tho I hate waiting in line for fabric cutting or to check out, the experience is not bad at all here. I have never really had a bad JoAnn's experience, at least if I have I can't remember. I have found that if I am friendly, so are they.