Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Viking Sapphire Sewing Machine

My Viking Sapphire 870 has been flawless and it gets a lot of use! If I had to replace it, I would go right back and get another. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasSunshine
    Love my older Pfaff, but have been learning my Brother sewing/embrodiery machine, mainly sewing, and am becoming very fond of it.
    Me, too! I have a Pfaff 2054 and love it and have had really good luck with it. I also have a Brother Sew/Emb combo and I find I use the brother for piecing because I like the auto thread cutter and it is a little smaller machine, but the Pfaff has fancy stitches that I like, too. So, I am a happy camper with both of them. But I had not heard this going to Babylock - that explains why the showroom looked so different a couple weeks ago when I went to where I purchased the Pfaff to get a foot (which they had) and there were Babylocks all over the place. :-)

Marysewfun

No, it runs like a charm, just in for a cleaning. . . and I'm sure they would just love to sell me a baby lock.

I absolutely loved my Viking 500 and wore it out. It is sick now, but will eventually go to the sewing machine doctor for service and if affordable, will be repaired. I'm sorry that Viking is declining in quality, but then isn't everything. My Chevy built in Korea just blew the engine! I thought I was buying an American made car, silly me. Other than the Viking, I like Brother machines. They do a good job for me and are easy to service unlike the Viking which must go to a dealer for service.

I'd love to have the Designer +1 = it is a great machine!

I had a Viking for 11 years. When I wanted to upgrade, I went to the dealer.

After trying the 875Q, I asked to see the Janome 7700. She bad-mouthed Janome to try to sell me on a Viking.

Several weeks later, I asked to see a Babylock. She badmouthed the Viking to try to sell me on a Babylock.

I ended up buying two machines - a Janome and a Babylock - because I didn't really like the feel of the new Vikings. But not from her.

But that's ME. Forget what the dealers say and try out the machines. Trust your own instincts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny580
    Some dealers make bad remarks about other machine brands. I always remark "Really, do you have proof of that?" Of course they never do. Remember when Viking and Pfaff were sold, it was gossiped that there wouldn't be anymore sold in the US. The truth is lots of dealers lost their contracts with Viking and Pfaff.

I would never hesitate to buy a Viking or Pfaff.

I have to agree. I would not hesitate to buy Viking or Pfaff.

I love my Viking Sapphire!

I agree. I just bought a Brother Quilting Machine from Walmart of all places for only $200. It does everything my Viking did plus thread the needle for me. I'm very happy with this machine and will probably stay with Brother in the future. I have the Brother MidArm Quilter and I had a Brother Embroidery Machine that I practically gave away when I was moving and raising money. I also had another smaller Brother that I sold in the same yard sale. I guess I'm a Brother person! By the way, I taught people how to use the Brother machine back in 1961! How's that for a long time relationship?

Quote Originally Posted by cmw0829
    I had a Viking for 11 years. When I wanted to upgrade, I went to the dealer.

After trying the 875Q, I asked to see the Janome 7700. She bad-mouthed Janome to try to sell me on a Viking.

Several weeks later, I asked to see a Babylock. She badmouthed the Viking to try to sell me on a Babylock.

I ended up buying two machines - a Janome and a Babylock - because I didn't really like the feel of the new Vikings. But not from her.

But that's ME. Forget what the dealers say and try out the machines. Trust your own instincts.

i have a viking and a janome, and can honestly tell you that i have no preference. they both work hard and are both very reliable. i can't remember when i last had any problem (except of my own making) with either one of them. just keep it clean and oil it only where you're supposed to.

I just bought a viking 875Q and i love it. It is my fourth Viking and would not go to another brand.

I purchased a Viking Designer I over 10 years ago, then I traded it in for a Designer SE, then I purchased a Designer Diamond. I love my Vikings, howerver, the dealership started selling Babylock and they are promoting those now. I have had some problems with my machines but the dealership has honored the warrenties on all my machines but since they were sold out to China getting parts/accessories has been slow. I love my machines, they sew great but if you have any problems it seems like China doesn't understand English and everyrthing comes on a slow boat from China:) Dealerships are in business to make money so they would rather sell you a new machine than fix yours. Oh,by the way I have a 1955 Singer Featherweight 221 also and all dealerships around here will clean and fix it. Go figure. The Saphire was the forerunner for the Diamond which is Vikings top of the line. Great quilting machine.

Blog Entries
    I've never had a Viking, but I can highly recommend Babylock. I have 6 of them, plus a Pfaff 7570, Juki 2010Q, Brother emb. machine and several Kenmores. (Not counting my vintage machines!)

Blog Entries
    I have two Vikings. One is over 30 yrs old, solid metal case and works great. The other is a Diamond 20 about 1-1/2 yrs old embroidery machine. While I don't know yet how to use the embroidery module, I love the machine. And it never needs oiling.
    The problem is that like everything else, it cost too much to build a good quality product. Most everything nowdays is built in China, Japan, Taiwan, etc. And while we know their quality is not always the best, we continue to buy the junk. I say research any machine you are about to buy. Janome is a good one, Singer was the best years ago. Preserve the old metal machines. They will outlast these new plastic ones with plastic gears

I understand that hus. is going through some changes. The dealers are required to maintian a certain sales status and those that are not maintaining the level required are being given a hard time. I have a dealer who also switched to baby lock. I believe it is just a fad type of thing. I plan to remain loyal to my machines from Hus until I feel that they are no longer capable of rendering me the type of service I need. Stands to reason if I was a crappy Hus dealer and the company got on my case then I would switch to another company but I would probably blame the old dealer. The sapphire is a super machine

Haven't heard this. I have a Viking Diamond (2rs old).

I sold Husqvarna Viking & Singers for 1 1/2 years and fell in love
    with the Sapphire 870 and bought one. 1 month after my purchase the 870 began to have major problems, it had several manufacturing defects. The frame was warped and the bobbin case wasn't setting in place properly, my dealer(boss) sent it in and a month later the company sent me a brand new 870. I promptly traded-up to the Sapphire 875 and have been happy ever since. I have sewn and machine quilted many quilts and recently made a pair of denim shorts, all perfect stitches.
    I have Berninas,Pfaffs and old Singer machines. I guess I just like to have a variety of machines to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by lynsews
    My Viking Sapphire 870 has been flawless and it gets a lot of use! If I had to replace it, I would go right back and get another. I love it.
    HMMMMMMMMMM, when you are ready to buy another Sapphire, please let me know. I have one I would be happy to sell to you...and it is less than a year old. And probably only a few hours of stitches on it...if even that.

I have a Viking Lily 545 and a Platnium 950E. I am looking for a Designer I at a reasonable price. My dealer has also gone to Babylock. Said the are better machines at a lower price. LOL! IMHO there is nothing comparable to a Viking.

love my viking's-great machines and love the way the presser foot works for appliqué.also love babylock.

I love my Viking and I love my Brother. I had to take my brother to a local machine dealer, who sells Babylock and of course he wanted me to trade my Brother inovis for a baby lock. No Deal! I ended up sending it to Phoenix to a Brother dealer and no problems. He told me that I had a great machine and that there was not a thing wrong with it except I had some thread caught up in some gear. I has worked fine ever since. Baby lock is made by the brother co. The local guy also told me that Vikings can't compare to Babylock, but yet my Viking has the features built in for pictograms. I do a lot of designing in pictograms and I really likae doing them. as far as he local dealer, I won't ever go back to him, he is a rip off artist.

I recently bought a new Babylock Symphony and I love it!! I had a Brother ULT2003D embroidery/sewing machine for 8 years and sold it (wish I hadn't) and never had a bit of trouble with it. When I decided I was going to replace the Brother machine, I went to a Viking/Pfaff dealer and test drove a couple machines, but I have to be honest, I didn't like them as well as my Brother and Babylock machines.

I had read so much about Viking's and Pfaff's newer machines not being "up to standard" like the older models that I was skeptical of them.

We all like different machines so I think it's just a matter of whatever you prefer.

I have a Sapphire 870 and love it!

I have both a viking and a Pfaff and I really like both of them. I wish I could combine the feature of needle down on the viking with the built in walking foot of the Pfaff. The Viking is about 6 or 7 years old and the Pfaff is about 21 years old. I still use both.

Our Viking/Pfaff store is still selling Viking Sapphires. Not a Babylock in sight!!!!! I have a Viking 6460 that's 34 years old, just sold a 10 year old Viking Designer 1, and in March 2011, purchased a Viking Emerald 203, which I am really enjoying using!!! Haven't heard a word about Viking making any changes & I'm in the store once a week!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast