Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--January 19-21, 2018 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--January 19-21, 2018

Virtual Quilting Weekend--January 19-21, 2018

Old 01-21-2018, 03:23 PM
Power Poster

Rob... Wow!
Old 01-21-2018, 03:28 PM

Great finishes, everyone. Rob.... Your art quilt is gorgeous....sneaked a peak at your album and your work is stunning. Very talented... Sorry to hear about your froggies.

D. Henson and Nan....your charity quilts are lovely. Love the colors.

my patriotic top has been assembled. Will work on borders this week. So glad the piecing is done. I think it looks cool.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 01-21-2018, 03:35 PM

Absolutely stunning work!!! You are all so impressive!
Teen, such a great patriotic quilt!
Rob, all I can say is Wow!!!!!
Judy, What a cute dog!

There is so much going on here, I can't mention them all!

I finished my swap blocks and pieced some sashing and setting triangles for the BHMQ. I'm hoping I can sew the first corner this evening.
Old 01-21-2018, 04:05 PM

Rob, pic 1 and 2 are beautiful. great job. And the 3rd pic is coming along well. You aren't the only turtle on BHMQ. I'm still working on the 1st 6 steps. So continue on your slow pace. We will get her done in our own pace and time. LOL

Love everyone's progress so far.
Old 01-21-2018, 04:18 PM

meyert, i love your DWR. Did you use accuquilt/die cutting or templates. I want the larger DWR die that looks like yours.

Judy that may be a dog in sweater pattern, but it sure looks like an Oxford shirt to me. Classy pup!

I tried posting twice yesterday. The website and my tablet were at odds, so no.

My vintage singer has been set aside to run to Wichita to repair. I've been trying to piece on my babylock grace. Have really struggled with scant 1/4". Finally yesterday morning took the J foot and marked a mark on the plastic with a fine tip sharpie. What a difference!

I've got new fabric. Two packs of 30's, and a bright pack. Wrote up accuquilt directions for some quilts on my bucket list. Ended up pulling some old new fabric for one of them, was FQ, strips & charms. The precuts worked better for one of the bucket list, so have pulled dies & containerized the kit. Ditto dies, container for one set of nee, the brights. The 30's new I need to order the DWR die.

That was yesterday. Also yesterday. UFO 12" crumb blocks
Old 01-21-2018, 04:31 PM

Rob, that art quilt is amazing, so creative. Keep plugging with those BH pieces.

Teen, nice job on the patriotic quilt top, it looks great.

I'm still slow stitching today.
Old 01-21-2018, 04:33 PM

sorry, folks.tablet issues.
Crumb blocks sashed & cornerstone two sides. Sewed 6 blocks into rows, put on remaining sash cornerstones. Added 4" crumb border top row, bottom row. Last night had 2 rows x 2 and 3 single rows.

Today put all together and final borders and cornerstones. In retrospect, should have left off the crumb border. It kind of disappears. Oh well. Flimsy done. Not planning another crumb quilt. This is my 2nd. Kind of done with it. Too much pretty fabric to play with to "make" fabric.

Carolina crossroads, had 2 columns 2 blocks x 12, a column 2 x 7 plus 2 x 5. Another column also in bits. Fifth column 2 x 7 and 5 sets 2 blocks. Today, sewed it all together. Only thing left to do is press those final 4 joining seams.

Pressed fabric bits prepped (fussy cut) to die cut large hexigons surrounded by 6 half hexies. Die cut them. Sewed two ginormous hexies. Baby quilt. Previously made two, three to go. Made 2 half hexies with 4 half hexies. I'd have kept going but discovered I was tired and chilled to the bone. Currently in bed under the electric blanket.
Old 01-21-2018, 04:34 PM

I've gotten side tracked, too. Yesterday was an art meeting, got home 2:45. Then couldn't keep my eyes open. Then read and painted. Today, started the heater for LA. Then realized I hadn't typed up the minutes like I'd promised. That took 2 hours. The LA room should be warm. At least I can get started.
Old 01-21-2018, 04:49 PM

Such great photos, thanks to everyone for sharing! I am progressing on my big stitch on the hexie this weekend, but have decided to give my poor fingers a chance to heal over after pricking them so much! I have spent quite awhile this afternoon looking at how to's and videos for German Twist cast on method in knitting. I admired a toque my walking buddy had, so she gave me the pattern..... well... suffice it to say.... I have reverted to my "old method" of casting on stitches. Interesting... when I have a project that holds my interest, I don't get to pop on and off the computer so much!
Old 01-21-2018, 05:24 PM

Time to call it a night. I finished one row of blocks on Winding Ways, and one border edge. When I get back from retreat I should be able to finish up this top and get the borders on it -maybe during the next VQW. Thanks for all the inspiring pictures, and encouragement this weekend!