Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--January 19-21, 2018 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--January 19-21, 2018

Virtual Quilting Weekend--January 19-21, 2018

Old 01-19-2018, 04:51 AM

I'll be working on a new Baby quilt for my granddaughter to be born in March. Using a panel and half square triangles for the top but will have to wait until backing fabric comes in the mail to finish it later this week.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
It looks totally fabulous, Krista.
I agree! The colors you chose for this quilt show more clarity than the peach and turquoise in the original design.

Jan
Old 01-19-2018, 05:24 AM

Pdefect timing as our quilt group is having a sew day tomorrow (Saturday) and I am working on a wall hanging. No more quilting after that for a while as we will be in the process of downsizing and moving in February.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:44 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
Soooo... no one wanted to guess what this is. It is finished now... I saw it on a Sewing with Nancy segment, but I made mine larger to be able to carry my small cutting board, and added outside and inside pockets
[ATTACH=CONFIG]587304[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]587305[/ATTACH]
Very cute tote bag!
Old 01-19-2018, 06:17 AM

I'm in, update I did get the table runner done and delivered that I was working on last VQW. The recipient liked it and does go with the kitchen. This weekend I will be doing some work on the GFG and a couple of UFO's that I want to get finished! Also started a pair of mittens last night because mine are not warm enough! Not that I need them right now, its going to be in the 40's today Yeah!

Macybaby - Love the colors and movement in the piece thank you for the link. You do awesome work.

Thimblebug - That is looking good can't wait to see the full picture, once it is stable. I have a long time before my GFG it to the quilting point. How big is it and how long have you been working on quilting? (for future reference)

Kristakz - Looks great, way to many pieces for me BH's quilts make my head hurt. I have great respect for anyone who does her mysteries and completes them.

QuiltnNan - Looks great, never thought to create the bag in that manner! Much easier than those stitched points at the bottom. Need to look at more of Nancy's projects. She will be missed, loved to watch PBS when she was on.
Old 01-19-2018, 06:18 AM
Power Poster

Heather: I want to know how you have gained access to my personal private calendar . This always looks like such a fun thread and without fail, the chosen weekend is the only weekend of the month I have another commitment for.
I just know everyone is going to have fun without me!
I'm hoping at least one weekend this year will be good.
Old 01-19-2018, 06:19 AM

I'm in. I have to finish 3 pillows made from 2 little girls dresses and one grandpa shirt. They have been sitting too long on my to do list. Then onto quilting......
Old 01-19-2018, 06:56 AM

Nancy - that is a neat bag! I was wondering what it was going to be with the offest peices. I want to make more bags, but keep getting sidetracked by quilts.
Old 01-19-2018, 07:18 AM

I'm hoping to finish putting together this split rail quilt. I had issues deciding which sashing to use but with the help from those on the websites I belong to they helped me decide. Now I decided to add to my challenge by continueing the diamonds into the sashing. Never have done this before so why I call this a challenge. I'm using mostly scraps for this quilt excluding the border fabric. Oh yes, the decision was the lighter of the pinks for the sashing.

I'm also working on a wallhanging for my sister using Stitch Delight's Celtic Owl blocks. I've already goofed up by not turning the center block around. Oh well, thankfully I cut enough of the satin fabric that I can still add the corner designs. Have no photo of this project yet.
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0001-2-.jpg  
Old 01-19-2018, 07:42 AM
Power Poster

since the tote is finished, i'm working on finishing this
[ATTACH=CONFIG]587314[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 20180115-scrappy-trip-around-world.bmp