Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--January 19-21, 2018 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--January 19-21, 2018

Virtual Quilting Weekend--January 19-21, 2018

Old 01-19-2018, 08:11 AM

Nancy, love your bag! I enjoy Nancy Zieman's patterns and have a few things from her in my sewing room

Paperprinces, I'm sorry the dates don't work out for you!

Suz, that's a great idea to extend the diamonds but challenging. Can't wait to see it.

I'm working on the Swoon quilt that I started last VQW, it hasn't been touched since then!
Old 01-19-2018, 08:31 AM

I'm in this month. I know I'm suppose to teach my niece how to crochet a pot holder on Sunday afternoon. 1st I have to clean house. Vaccum, dust, etc. Then I can go back to my BHMQ. I'm still in the process of sewing, ironing and squaring out the steps 1-6. Actually I have 4 steps completed sewn, just need to iron and square the pieces. I'll post pic when that is done. Then I will put pieces together for blocks. Hopefully EOM I'll be totally done. Hopefully I will have time to wash my fabric for 365 challenge and iron all the fat quarters. And finally clear off my quilting machine table. I plan to pin squares for my last 6 months temperature quilt. So I can finish it later this month.
Chat with you later.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:58 AM

I'm in. My LQS has a UFO day tomorrow. I'm hoping to sash my watermelon slice top and then leave it for her to quilt. DH works tomorrow and I already told him I plan to spend the day sewing. I'm even taking him out for dinner tonight so I don't have to cook and clean the kitchen. Then time in my sewing room to get things around for tomorrow.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:33 PM

Suz - love those colors!
Old 01-19-2018, 02:01 PM

Plans for today got cancelled. So I'm in. Got shelves installed in the painting area of my studio.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]587332[/ATTACH] I keep forgetting that the origional file is too large to download on the Board and that it must be resized smaller. Anyway, here it is. To the right is a design wall where I can pin-up my dry paintings. The plastic containers on the shelves are heavy enough to hold items from falling off shelves. To the left will be racks for drying oil paintings-that can take 1+wks.
And....I love having my desk and quilting/sewing all in one studio. It's already helped when I can't sleep at night, I can still do something and not disturb DH.
Now back to quilting.
Attached Thumbnails art-shelves.jpg  
Old 01-19-2018, 02:06 PM

Kristakz- that looks great!
Old 01-19-2018, 02:19 PM

Wow....you guys have been busy while I was at the movies today...awesome progress and really pretty stuff. Krista...I really love your BH...been lurking over there to see everyone's results and some great stuff being produced..

Nancy...geesh...you can pump the stuff out and they are always beautiful. Love the tote!

Suz....love the colors and fabric in this quilt.

Petthefabric....I love to organize....your studio is looking good...love the shelves.

Since I got home I finished turning the edge on appliqué and cut my backgrounds... Now, I'm going to work on the machine appliquing, which is my favorite part...
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 01-19-2018, 02:51 PM

I'm going to join in tomorrow with a 'sort of' quilting project. I'm making some fender covers for my husband to use to protect the paint on the show cars when he works on them. I've already made one (to his size specifications) which he then decided was too small. So now I'm making a larger one. If its okay, I'll make a second. Not exactly inspirational, but I am using up some batting scraps!
Old 01-19-2018, 02:55 PM

Not much accomplished so far today, but did spend a nice 4 1/2 hours with my mom. (Did take the knitting, the cuffs are almost finished). This morning I was playing with one of our treadles to see if I can get it into shape for some free motion work. I have it sewing fine straight stitching, but when do FM I have a rats nest underneath, more tweaking. Everyone's projects are looking great. Think I will clean the sewing area so I can work after dinner.
Old 01-19-2018, 03:13 PM

I am trying to put boarders on a QAYG quilt. It is so hard because I have to include a row of sashing with cornerstones to match up. I've procrastinated so long it has become a UFO. So I am attacking it ..... again....wish me well.....