Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 09-01-2023, 05:19 PM
Power Poster

Talking

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Okay my boomer compatriots, I got my package early this afternoon and discovered that I certainly did not give you enough information in my little bag of F8. You gave far more and I do not see any problems planning and creating a block to meet everyone's expectations.

So just a little bit more from me to you. I have a large collection of the "Americana" focused colored fabrics and I want to reduce my collection buy using that color way. So, that said, I would like traditional blocks if possible making use of berry reds, creams, rusty golds, blues maybe even woody browns and greens that fall into your interpenetration of "Americana". Calicos, prints, stripes, solids and on and on are all just perfect. I am sure I will be able to put your blocks along side some of my own Americana stash to create a quilt of traditional colors.

Thank you everyone.

Oh you just gave me so much freedom. Can't wait to work on this and see what blocks you get.
Old 09-02-2023, 06:33 AM

I got mine last night and meticulously opened each baggie and read the messages. That Americana direction is very helpful. It opens up a lot of possibilities. I searched last night for dragon and dragonfly patterns, this will be so fun! Hugs all!
Old 09-03-2023, 02:17 AM

Good morning, Boomers. At a quick glance, tracking seems to indicate that all packages were delivered. Woo hoo! I can’t wait to see the blocks start popping up here! I’ve got 2 on the design wall but they’re only partially sewn. Hope to get back to them later today.

Hope everyone is staying cool. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Old 09-03-2023, 05:16 AM

Default Yea!

My collection came in Friday. We were preparing for a neighborhood get together. So all i could do was open the envelope. Hopefully I can fondle each baggie today.
oh! This is so much fun!

Old 09-03-2023, 07:37 AM

My package arrived and all 19 wonderful fabrics were there. Can’t wait to go home Tuesday and start sewing
Old 09-03-2023, 07:44 AM

I'm sitting here, fondling all the pretty F8s this morning so I can decide which one speaks up the loudest, saying "I'm first!" Got a question for Logcabin82- There's no note in the baggie I got so what are your preferences for your block colorwise?
Old 09-03-2023, 10:59 AM

Reba - your F8 yelled the loudest! I was able to use you charm in the middle and your fabric as background. The pattern is called Checkerboard Star. Hope you like.
Now for a first:
My Bernina Record 830 does not have an on-off switch. I had finished the outsides and middle and ironed them all, placed them under pressure foot so fan would not blow them, and went to bed.
This morning they were all tightly sewn together. one of the dogs must have laid on the foot pedal and I had forgotten to unplug the machine!
Attached Thumbnails rebaquilts.jpg  
Old 09-03-2023, 11:51 AM

Great block, TG! Love all the fun squares and the green wreaths in the star points all going the same direction. Thanks for the fine start to our blocks. Funny story, too.
Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Reba - your F8 yelled the loudest! I was able to use you charm in the middle and your fabric as background. The pattern is called Checkerboard Star. Hope you like.
Now for a first:
My Bernina Record 830 does not have an on-off switch. I had finished the outsides and middle and ironed them all, placed them under pressure foot so fan would not blow them, and went to bed.
This morning they were all tightly sewn together. one of the dogs must have laid on the foot pedal and I had forgotten to unplug the machine!

Last edited by Janice McC; 09-03-2023 at 11:53 AM.
Old 09-03-2023, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
I'm sitting here, fondling all the pretty F8s this morning so I can decide which one speaks up the loudest, saying "I'm first!" Got a question for Logcabin82- There's no note in the baggie I got so what are your preferences for your block colorwise?
I prefer bright colors for my 🐸 think springtime quilt!
Old 09-03-2023, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Now for a first:
Cute block TG!