Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 08-31-2023, 08:50 PM

Sewbiz that is great news!!! I’m so happy and relieved everything turned out okay! ❤️
Old 09-01-2023, 03:32 AM

Thrilled for you, Sewbiz! Our God is good and listens to our requests. As our leader says, take recovery at a reasonable pace. Surgery of any kind is invasive and out beautifully and wonderfully made body needs time to heal and return to full function. In the mean time enjoy the opportunity to , rest, stitch, rest, plan, rest and enjoy this beautiful summer weekend.

I checked last night and my package is scheduled for delivery today! Looking forward to feeling the excitement you all are talking about when you get your package of F8 and start making blocks.
Old 09-01-2023, 04:39 AM
Power Poster

Sewbiz- YAYYYYYYY! That's the best news ever! I hope you have a fabulous weekend with the people you love. I'm so happy for you!
Old 09-01-2023, 05:03 AM

Cheesehead have a safe journey! I would like to leave for Texas mid October but hubby is thinking more like the end of October.
I do love being home in the fall and having my stash to use for the boom blocks so all will be well no matter what we end up doing
Old 09-01-2023, 10:03 AM

Okay my boomer compatriots, I got my package early this afternoon and discovered that I certainly did not give you enough information in my little bag of F8. You gave far more and I do not see any problems planning and creating a block to meet everyone's expectations.

So just a little bit more from me to you. I have a large collection of the "Americana" focused colored fabrics and I want to reduce my collection buy using that color way. So, that said, I would like traditional blocks if possible making use of berry reds, creams, rusty golds, blues maybe even woody browns and greens that fall into your interpenetration of "Americana". Calicos, prints, stripes, solids and on and on are all just perfect. I am sure I will be able to put your blocks along side some of my own Americana stash to create a quilt of traditional colors.

Thank you everyone.
Old 09-01-2023, 11:20 AM

WMUTeach, the written instructions for your F8s are the ones that everyone will fall back on. Hopefully, most will read this and hopefully add it to their memory banks for your Americana blocks but some will not. Also, block choice is the maker’s. Some people prefer to make more modern blocks so you may get some of those. It helps to be flexible in your expectations. I think you will be happy with the blocks you receive as most people really give their best.
Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Okay my boomer compatriots, I got my package early this afternoon and discovered that I certainly did not give you enough information in my little bag of F8. You gave far more and I do not see any problems planning and creating a block to meet everyone's expectations.

So just a little bit more from me to you. I have a large collection of the "Americana" focused colored fabrics and I want to reduce my collection buy using that color way. So, that said, I would like traditional blocks if possible making use of berry reds, creams, rusty golds, blues maybe even woody browns and greens that fall into your interpenetration of "Americana". Calicos, prints, stripes, solids and on and on are all just perfect. I am sure I will be able to put your blocks along side some of my own Americana stash to create a quilt of traditional colors.

Thank you everyone.
Old 09-01-2023, 12:36 PM

WMUTeach, the written instructions for your F8s are the ones that everyone will fall back on. Hopefully, most will read this and hopefully add it to their memory banks for your Americana blocks but some will not. Also, block choice is the maker’s. Some people prefer to make more modern blocks so you may get some of those. It helps to be flexible in your expectations. I think you will be happy with the blocks you receive as most people really give their best.

Sorry about asking for traditional blocks. I saw block type in other directions when I opened the bags this afternoon. I of course will welcome whatever comes my way. Thank you everyone.
Old 09-01-2023, 12:55 PM

Some people do request certain kinds of blocks but block choice has always been the maker’s. This is just a little reminder for everyone to make the kinds of blocks you like. If you are inclined to follow the a block request, that is your choice. You are not required to do so. The goal has been to allow the maker’s creativity to shine through. Too many specific requests may stifle that. Personally, I like making traditional style blocks so that is what I will usually make. I have ventured into modern blocks but honestly, I don’t enjoy the process as much as when I make what I personally like. Others will tell you they’ve enjoyed venturing into new areas.
Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post

Sorry about asking for traditional blocks. I saw block type in other directions when I opened the bags this afternoon. I of course will welcome whatever comes my way. Thank you everyone.
Old 09-01-2023, 01:23 PM

Just received my squishy package. All 19! Loved reading through the notes .
went to church yard sale today and they had a large chenille bedspread that is perfect for backing to the fidget quilts. Then two tables filled with scrap fabric. I filled up a huge tub with loads of “I spy “ fabric and found great Americana and Christmas also!! Let the ideas explode.
currently sitting outside while the dogs chase each other and the Macaw yells for them to be quiet and stop it!!
Old 09-01-2023, 02:53 PM

TG going to a quilt shown either tomorrow or Sunday, they have a lot of quilter scraps for sale. My package wasn’t here when I went to check on it. Sure hope it is in mail box Tomorrow morning.

I’m also not a fan of modern blocks but enjoy making them for those who do like them