Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 11-21-2014, 06:23 AM

My heart hurts for you dear Brat. You have been through so much. Doesn't seem fair for it to continue going badly.

(More prayers for you sweet girl!)
Old 11-21-2014, 07:06 AM

Well I am only 53, was sure it was the first 100 yrs are the hardest and thinking how come they come so early? couldn't it wait til like 90? lol. not the way life works I guess. I did make it through three surgeries in four days and am very very tired. It took it all out of me. I did dishes this morning and was done. finished. for the day finished. that's pathetic but at least I am knowing my sink is clean lol.

My thank yous for the kind comments and good wishes. they mean the world to me. Jaba has been very helpful to me during this little struggle and I thank her so very much. I am over done. They gave me some rotten news which I am chosing to ignore and hoping for a new opinion. A new opinion is always welcome. just makes me tired however thinking of the choices. surely will be suggested a new hope but darned its hard work! well onto mug rugs I have gotten notice after notice that people are sending. that is such happy news for me. It really eases my mind to open mail to find good news. Lord knows I will take all I can get so don't forget to let me know you have sent. I am saving all those emails to counter people who say they don't receive. it happens. things get lost, forgot to send stuff like that.. so the more happy news I get the happier I am. anyone who sent me a tracking number is off the hook. you sent you tried and as far as I am concerned you don't need to repeat what you have sent. I hope everyone understands things do get lost in the mail system even if mailed priority. (jaba and Kiffie2413 can share that story with you) so cross your fingers that all packages find their partner. note that packages can be sent as late as dec 1st so be patient about receiving and NO opening them til set date of Dec 15th so we can assure everyone gets theirs. I got one! yippee. ok going to rest again I am done in from doing morning dishes. wore the heck out of me!
Old 11-21-2014, 07:54 AM

Linda I'm praying and sending you good thoughts and lots and lots of warm cuddly hugs. Get lots of rest and try to think good thoughts.
I haven't received my rug mug yet but expect it in the mail everyday. I know that my special person has received her package from me so I am happy. She has had it for awhile, hope she can wait!
Old 11-21-2014, 08:34 AM

Hey Linda, we are rooting for you!! Thinking good thoughts and healing prayers! Hang in there.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:33 AM

Just keep up that great spirit of yours Brat! You can get through this and will be better than ever once everything is through! Great big hugs going out to you and I am off to finish my coffee and try to sew a third mug rug . Third times the charm? right? Anyway hugs!
Old 11-21-2014, 11:14 AM

Linda hope and prayers and hugs are being sent up for you!
I have my mug rug finished but I am holding off mailing it until next week. Less temptation for my swap partner that way.
Prayers for all that are under the weather !
Old 11-21-2014, 02:30 PM

Brat,
You take care of YOU! I'm happy to coordinate with Jaba and help any way I can. Right now our mug rugs are the last thing you need to worry about. I've pm'd with Jaba some, and I will pm her again, so she knows I'll help out. I may be a kajillion miles away, but the internet shortens the miles..

I also agree you're a "tough cookie" and if anyone bounces back, it'll be you, my quilty friend!!

You know where to find me, and I'm sending you some gentle healing hugs,
Kif
PS paper plates and plastic silverware make dishes easy to trash, er clean... my friend.
Old 11-21-2014, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by jacie View Post
so happy to hear good reports on Brat... now for me.......... I had my heart cath. on MOnday hoping that all would go well, only to find not so good reports. On MONDAY coming, I am having open heart surgery. My rug rug only need to have binding on yet, and goodies are planned ,,,, hope I feel better very soon to finish that mug rug to get to my partner at least by opening date. I will send her a P>M> explaining circumstances tho. please remember all us that need intervention for our illness, and surgeries in your prayers.

hugz to all and happy Thankgiving day, I will be in hospital yet by that time..........UGH

JACIE
Hi Jacie,
just want you to know a lot of people on the board will be saying extra prayers for you! Can I ask where you will be having your surgery? I work at P rovidence Park hospital in Novi. My husband will be having a open heart style surgery in the next month, he has a substernal goiter that's growing in his chest and squeezing other organs so they have to open the chest to get to it. At the same time another team will be doing throat surgery to remove thyroid and two large masses that have enclosed his airway. He will go to Providence Hospital in Southfield for the surgery. Not a fun time that's for sure, but with all the medical advances I am sure all will be good! You take good care of yourself and we will take care of the prayers! Carol. Crqltr
Old 11-22-2014, 05:29 AM

laughing at the paper plate concept. Those things are EXPENSIVE! sheesh not on my budget but sound marvelous don't they? yesterday a hunter brought me some elk meat and then as a surprise so much other meat too! wow! elk, beef, pork.. like Christmas come early. What a lucky day that was. I napped most of it. how useful is that?

I hope to see tons more of your mailing notices. I have mine on the kitchen table so if you haven't mailed yet don't worry. I was hoping the weather would clear a bit the roads be driveable (is that a word?) and the mailing easier. we will see. I have three boxes to get out. then I am done!!! yahoo! are you close? they don't need to be perfect but they should show something that says it was made with love. I know you got it in you! my entire livingroom is decorated for Christmas. The children were here last week and got the lights and tree and side board all decorated. I can sit back and enjoy it without stressing the work. I can relax about getting that done. Its nice to have it finished as the thought of getting up and doing that is overwhelming and wouldn't happen. so better early than not at all
Old 11-22-2014, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by Crqltr View Post
Hi Jacie,
just want you to know a lot of people on the board will be saying extra prayers for you! Can I ask where you will be having your surgery? I work at P rovidence Park hospital in Novi. My husband will be having a open heart style surgery in the next month, he has a substernal goiter that's growing in his chest and squeezing other organs so they have to open the chest to get to it. At the same time another team will be doing throat surgery to remove thyroid and two large masses that have enclosed his airway. He will go to Providence Hospital in Southfield for the surgery. Not a fun time that's for sure, but with all the medical advances I am sure all will be good! You take good care of yourself and we will take care of the prayers! Carol. Crqltr
Carol, I am adding your DH and yourself to my list of folks I am praying for. It seems so little a thing to do, because it isn't tangible, but I know it is the most powerful.
Deb