Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Now they decide not to exchange Christmas gifts.... >

Now they decide not to exchange Christmas gifts....

Now they decide not to exchange Christmas gifts....

Old 12-06-2010, 11:50 AM

Give them the things you made anyway. Christmas is about giving and I am sure they will enjoy them at the receiving end. If anything is said, just tell them you had them done already.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:52 AM

I'd give them to them anyways...
Old 12-06-2010, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jeanne Fauss
This topic has really hit a nerve in alot of people. Guess we all know how it feels for our hard work(joy) to go unappreciated. But I can see the majority feels to give them anyway this year...and any time you feel like doing something special it will never be for naught.
I agree this topic hit a nerve. I will add Christmas I was taught was about Jesus being born on Chrismas Day.Meant to be a time of Love and Goodwill to all. The merchants have turned it into a cash business. There is nothing greater tho, then a gift that comes from the Heart, and you have personalized them, by making them with your own hands. Yes it is a time of giving, Love Joy and acts of Kindness from the Heart. I hope someday we get back to that FACT, that we are CELEBRATING the Birth of Jesus and not the price of a gift, or a gift of an object that we receive. Go with your Heart, and should you decide to go ahead and give your presents, KNOW you give from your Heart the gifts you put yourself into making for each. I hope Everyone this year gives from their Heart! Not just because they feel they MUST! MAY ALL YOUR WISHES COME TRUE!! AND MAY EVERYONE HAVE A BLESSED HOLIDAY!!
Old 12-06-2010, 01:30 PM

Now that's the spirit. Merry Christmas to you....
Old 12-06-2010, 02:05 PM

I would absoultly give the gifts anyway
Old 12-06-2010, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by twistedsheets
Originally Posted by Jeanne Fauss
This topic has really hit a nerve in alot of people. Guess we all know how it feels for our hard work(joy) to go unappreciated. But I can see the majority feels to give them anyway this year...and any time you feel like doing something special it will never be for naught.
I agree this topic hit a nerve. I will add Christmas I was taught was about Jesus being born on Chrismas Day.Meant to be a time of Love and Goodwill to all. The merchants have turned it into a cash business. There is nothing greater tho, then a gift that comes from the Heart, and you have personalized them, by making them with your own hands. Yes it is a time of giving, Love Joy and acts of Kindness from the Heart. I hope someday we get back to that FACT, that we are CELEBRATING the Birth of Jesus and not the price of a gift, or a gift of an object that we receive. Go with your Heart, and should you decide to go ahead and give your presents, KNOW you give from your Heart the gifts you put yourself into making for each. I hope Everyone this year gives from their Heart! Not just because they feel they MUST! MAY ALL YOUR WISHES COME TRUE!! AND MAY EVERYONE HAVE A BLESSED HOLIDAY!!
twisted sheets, you really put the star on top of the tree with this one. Merry Christmas and may the blessing of the Newborn Child shine on everyone.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by amma
I would go ahead and give the gifts as planned.
Find a white elephant gift and join in on the fun.
Maybe hand them the gifts as you are all leaving, and wish them a heartfelt Merry Christmas. Don't let their inconsideration bother you, or your Christmas spirit :wink: :D:D:D

I agree! Don't let them steal your joy of making these beautiful gifts!
Old 12-07-2010, 08:41 PM

I really do feel your pain but Ssnce they are all personalized I would give them as planned. Just have a great Christmas!
Old 12-08-2010, 12:50 AM

I would give them the gifts anyway. You made them to give for this Season, so do it. Fulfill your Christmas spirit this year for yourself. And, following through on this will give you closure on your projects and on your planning for this year. You can know that you completed what you set out to do.

And, in the end, it is about giving from your heart, which is what you are doing.
So give.

Next time, decide again whether you want to start such heartfelt gifts to everyone or not, knowing the family might again not do full exchanges.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:46 AM

As much as it would really bother me also, there seems to always be someone like that in the family. You enjoy and take pride in what you do and there are others that don't realize or just don't care about the hard work and care you've taken in what you've done. Me, I'd give them the gifts I made and whether or not I'd join in on what they are doing, I just don't know, probably wouldn't. For I feel that would be for another time, not at Christmas time. Christmas is the time to celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ, not a garage "go through". I'd love to receive one of your gifts. Looks like you did spend a lot of time, money, and care into it. There are still some of us that would truly appreciate what you've done and I'm one of them. As my husband always tells me, be the one that cares, be the one that makes a difference in someone else's life. I try to show that now in everything I do. I would love to be one of those receiving a gift like that. Hope everything works out for you.