2020 Fabric Moratorium

Old 11-14-2020, 10:19 PM

I finished the top and back for a quilt. all from stash, ~ 5.5 yds. I tried to post it and discovered all my photo processing programs on the computer aren't working. Called my tech. First step in being able to post pictures.
Old 11-15-2020, 11:44 AM

Well, I've seen this thread for a long time and passed it buy, I mean by, and now I realize I need help NOT to buy more fabric. Seems I don't need an excuse to buy fabric: on sale, don't have that color, need more of that color, making a new project and need the right color (do I need more excuses?) So today placed the last two orders on line for my DH log cabin quilt using batiks and white tone on tone. Placed note on my computer screen...NO MORE FABRIC! We'll see if it works.
Old 11-15-2020, 11:56 AM

julie - it really isn't no more fabric. It's no more fabric that will not be used immediately. Of course, it's best to shop your stash first. BTW, did you post batik quilt made with circles several years ago?
Old 11-15-2020, 12:06 PM

Irish not sure. I know I did make a batik w/h drunkard's path pattern. Did have lots of color and it was over our sofa when I took the pic.
Old 11-15-2020, 12:21 PM

Default Two November finishes.

I have two quilts finished that fit this category as well as some other threads, Birthday Swap and one is a UFO. The smaller quilt is all from stash even back and batting ans used about 2.5 yards of fabric.This will be a donation to PL. The pink and black is a layer cake and I used the Double Slice Layer Cake pattern from MSQ and used about 4.5 yards of fabric. This one does not have a home yet.

Happy to be back on the up swing of finished work in progress.
Attached Thumbnails 2020-11-12-donation-project-linus.jpg   2020-11-11-double-slice.jpg  
Old 11-15-2020, 12:30 PM

Just found out 2nd GGB due in July. First is a girl and think I'll just sew up 2, 3, 4, gender neutral quilts and small totes, too. Forget pastels and go for loud and wild. Have a cute owl applique pattern made for friend's baby. Was so much fun to make just may do it again...if I can find the pattern. Is there a thread similar to this but for patterns? Need that with help, too.
Old 11-15-2020, 02:29 PM

Julie, welcome aboard. This is a really great place for those of us with large stashes to get ideas from our fellow quilters dealing with similar design or other issues.

While doing well on full price fabric, I still give myself a certain amount of thrift store shopping exemptions... My big weakness is for "pieces big enough for a back". I have plenty of little pieces and not so much anything over 3 yards. Well, I saw one today at the thrift store, 6+ yards of a nice, rather pale toned largeish scale (4-6" objects) Christmas fabric, on sale today for $10. Old me would have snatched it up in a minute. New me reminded myself that I have already given away most of my holiday fabric, leaving exactly one Christmas themed quilt already on the to-do list and that it was in primary red/green and white and already had a back.

We do get a few exemptions per year, and we understand the regular temptations of buying. I still love fabric, textiles of all sorts really. There is no shame in stash! We are just trying to use more of it than we buy. Trying anyway

Old 11-15-2020, 06:19 PM
Power Poster

Welcome to our thread, Julie...enjoy your time with us!
Old 11-15-2020, 06:46 PM

WMUTeach, so glad you are back on track! Your grid quilting looks great.

Old 11-15-2020, 08:06 PM

Welcome tazsews to this forum and this specific thread. Please share pictures of projects.

julienm1: Welcome to this thread. I enjoy following you in the organizing thread and look forward to pictures of projects using lots of your stash.

Teen: Great use for the leftovers from a different quilt. It’s an awesome baby quilt.

WMUTeach: Great use of your stash. Love the quilts.