Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt >

Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt

Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt

Old 01-01-2016, 09:32 AM

I screwed the layout up, the yellow traps should be turned yellow in white out.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:42 AM

finished sliver trimming....design wall ready......cleared for action...................but first the Fiesta Bowl !!!!!

no names on uniforms (ND Tradition like no fraternities or sororities, and all one team 26 sports) but if you hear one cheer a tiny bit more for #39 that would be me.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:46 AM

Here are my first few blocks. I think I am really, really going to like this one! There is a secondary pattern showing up, like a frame around the red blocks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]539183[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails p1120166.jpg  
Old 01-01-2016, 10:09 AM

Post #1293: Beautiful Jeanne S. I wasn't sold on the layout but now that I've seen yours, I'm ready to get busy. Thank you and Happy New Year all!
Old 01-01-2016, 10:52 AM

WOW - everyone's quilts are look so good.
Kassaundra - love your bright blues... didn't notice the switched traps... looks good that way too.
AlvaStitcher - your greys are beautiful and the variety in your neutrals is fantastic.
Jeanne - Your reds really POP - I think you really captured the "Tuscan" feel!

SunlitenSmiles - I will be cheering hard for ND - but at the start of the 2nd qtr it's looking grim! Keeping an eye out for #39 --- GO IRISH!
Old 01-01-2016, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by baronreads View Post
AmyBible, what are you thinking for size? 3x4? 4x4? 4x5?
I am leaning towards 3x4... that would put the interior at about 42½ x 56½.... if I follow Bonnie's finishing sizes for inner border (1" finished) and outer border (4.5" finished) that would put the whole thing at about 53½ x 67½.... I would typically like a little bit longer quilt... closer to 70" but it would still be a good nap size.

I haven't had a chance to even lay out any pieces... I decided Thursday I needed to do an comfort quilt for my niece-in-law's Mom who is on the "better" side of terrible in her cancer battle. I don't know why I didn't think to start one sooner... they live several hours away & I only found out last weekend. Determined to finish by Sunday or Monday...should get the top done today.... my NIL doesn't know yet so I hope she's ok with this.

Not doing the Quiltbug or Merry Mayhem Mysteries but I'm going to download the steps just in case I decide to later.

Take a quilt break watch ND/OSU but it's not looking good for the Irish.

Love seeing everyone's quilt tops coming together! This is a great pattern & I think any color scheme is going to look great! Anxious to get started on my assembly!
Old 01-01-2016, 11:23 AM

Raggle Snaggle!!!!! It just dawned on me that we made sets of 4 for a reason. The reds should all be the same in each individual block. I see lots of unsewing in my immediate future. I would just leave them like they are but I think I will like them better matching. It only took me making 11 blocks to come to this realization! Dimwit!!!

I love the blocks being shown. I wasn't sure I was going to like this after seeing Bonnie's reveal but it is growing on me. Great job everyone.
Old 01-01-2016, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by AlvaStitcher View Post
Raggle Snaggle!!!!! It just dawned on me that we made sets of 4 for a reason. The reds should all be the same in each individual block. I see lots of unsewing in my immediate future. I would just leave them like they are but I think I will like them better matching. It only took me making 11 blocks to come to this realization! Dimwit!!!

I love the blocks being shown. I wasn't sure I was going to like this after seeing Bonnie's reveal but it is growing on me. Great job everyone.
Ugh! You are really going to unsew? I figured you were just going super duper scrappy. Your blocks look great...not sure if I would do all that unsewing....think about it before you decide!
Old 01-01-2016, 12:47 PM

I would leave it as is AlvaStitcher, just a bit scrappier that way and really looks amazing! I haven't seen any combos that don't look nice in this design.
Jeanne S yours is so pretty!
I am still trimming the clue 4 units, then assembly can begin. ( I should not have put off doing those... oh well)
Old 01-01-2016, 02:00 PM

I made eight blocks today. One of each kind for a sample, then I decided to go with making all of one type at a time--easier for me to keep the pressing directions correct!