Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-26-2010, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Wine Woman. That machine is like the White that I purchased, only mine was on a treadle cabinet. So you can use it either way, electric or PP. The way mine is set up, the extra round outlet on the back is for the light. On the underneath side there was a plug in that you plugged the line from the underside of the motor plug in. It had a standard extension cord from that to bring the electricity to the machine.
Boy that is not very clear. I will try and take some pictures tonight of the underside wiring. I plan on treadling mine.
Oh, I don't know what I have. I thought I did. But the one I was thinking is the domestic. The reostate is connected to the treadle foot pedal. But the plug ins at the back of the machine are the same. Sorry not more help.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jackkip
Ok, I think I have been spending way too much time reading all the post. Last night I had a dream that Billy had wrote the perfect "how to" book. It was great. All I remember the print was purple and turquiose. It had really good diagrams. So come on Billy, you need to make my dreams come true. :-P

Doug good luck on the surgery. I will keep you in my prayers.
LOL. I'm pretty sure you're not the only one who has had dreams about Billy. And I'm also pretty sure his wife wouldn't like it ;)

However, I am sure that he will could write the perfect "how to" book on any number of subjects :twisted:
Old 07-26-2010, 06:32 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Anna, I don't know what a red eye 66 is? \

Nancy
I'll have to try and post some pictures. Still learning. Anna
Old 07-26-2010, 07:43 PM

Billy, your machine is beautiful! I hope I can find one of those 'red eyes' someday!

I just got done painting and cleaning out the office. I had to make a place for my new treadle -- it won't fit in my sewing room!

Any ideas on restoring the cabinet. The veneer is warped on the top -- probably from having a plant sitting on it!

Nancy
Old 07-26-2010, 09:09 PM
Power Poster

Posting pictures- Here she is treadle cabinet 5 red eye Singer 66 from 1914 Can't wait for her belt to come in. We did not deep clean her as she was in very good shape. Also it looks like there was no wear and tear on the inner parts and they were all pretty thight.

cabinet no. 5 DH made skits for it to stand on so it would not scratch the floor.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70193[/ATTACH]

Red Eye Singer 66 year 1914
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70195[/ATTACH]

Up close and personal Red Eye 66
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70196[/ATTACH]

Originally was a high shaft but DH changed it with a low shaft from a red eye 1916
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70199[/ATTACH]

DH added about 2 inches right next to the center drawer so as to increase the foot treadle space. I am pretty tall as is he.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70203[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-70188.jpe   attachment-70190.jpe   attachment-70191.jpe   attachment-70194.jpe   attachment-70195.jpe  

attachment-70196.jpe   attachment-70198.jpe  
Old 07-26-2010, 09:30 PM
Power Poster

More pictures but of Singer 15-91

Note it has both a knee lifter and foot pedal option.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70210[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-70204.jpe   attachment-70205.jpe   attachment-70206.jpe   attachment-70207.jpe  
Old 07-26-2010, 10:58 PM

Anna

I have got red-eye envy! Your machine is beautiful and the cabinet is so nice great condition ..WOW! I guess I need to move to the west coast.....
Old 07-27-2010, 01:27 AM

Attached are some pics of machine for sale that's a couple of hours away. I can see that it is a new home according to the writing under the large lettering on the machine, however I can't quite make out the name due to the glare on the photo. It looks like ABSTBRO something something. Does anyone know about this New Home badge?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-70220.jpe   attachment-70221.jpe   attachment-70222.jpe  
Old 07-27-2010, 03:43 AM

Billy, I tried to find a place to ask a question on the antiques roadshow site but found nothing. Musta been having a blonde moment. I'd still like to have an idea of the worth of the Diamond made in occupied japan. Can you guide me to the correct place on that site to ask? Thanks.
Wow, all the beautiful machines on this forem. I need a bigger house.....
Old 07-27-2010, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by dunster
Nope, just meant the motor was added.

Originally Posted by Wine Woman
Dunster, what do you mean electrified?! As in shocked? ...
So you think it was a treadle at one time? It seemed that way with the grove by the wheel. Now I'm wondering if I should convert it back? I would like to find a cord though just to see what happens! Another project! :-D :-D