Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

• Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 04-25-2011, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Grandmother23
    Here you go Miss Nancy. I think I will name the Brother "Ice, Ice Baby!" :lol:
    Is the one Antcraft or Artcraft? Neat machines.
    Old 04-25-2011, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Grandmother23
    Here you go Miss Nancy. I think I will name the Brother "Ice, Ice Baby!" :lol:
    Just like I thought! It is a 15 clone! Does it say made in Japan? I bet it does!!!!!!!

That is a very good machine - the 15 clones -- some people here think are better than the actual Singer 15's! Anyway, it is a very nice machine! I also love the chocolate neopolitan ice cream cone machine (as quiltncowgirl says!).

Nancy

I just realized your 15 clone looks really similar to my 15 clone pictured on page 929 - mine is a Morse made in Japan.
    Old 04-25-2011, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
    Marilyn,
    I've heard that its lead coating, it won't hurt you.
    Sharon
    But don't eat it")
    Old 04-25-2011, 06:32 PM
    Banned

Hey kids I figured I would drop in the shop for a second to say hello and I will try to catch up on the post but we have some serious storms coming again tonite. 80mph straight line winds in one cell and there are several tornadoes on the ground headed this way. I wish we could get a break from this but it doesnt look like it will happen anytime soon. We already had a tornado rip through the south east part of the city and county early this afternoon.

I am going to try and get my PM's answered in the next hour before all hell breaks loose. :roll: So bear with me folks, if it were up to me it would be 72 and sunny all year round.

Billy
    Old 04-25-2011, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Hey kids I figured I would drop in the shop for a second to say hello and I will try to catch up on the post but we have some serious storms coming again tonite. 80mph straight line winds in one cell and there are several tornadoes on the ground headed this way. I wish we could get a break from this but it doesnt look like it will happen anytime soon. We already had a tornado rip through the south east part of the city and county early this afternoon.

I am going to try and get my PM's answered in the next hour before all hell breaks loose. :roll: So bear with me folks, if it were up to me it would be 72 and sunny all year round.

Billy
    Will say prayers for you and your family, also everyone in the path of these horrendous storms.
    Old 04-25-2011, 06:53 PM

Praying that you all are as fortunate as I have been, the storms in St. Louis were close, but my lights didn't even flicker. And the damage that has been done is to STUFF and homes, no life lost!
    Old 04-25-2011, 06:54 PM
    Banned

They have already shut the airport down and everyone is bracing for the storms. I am fixing me a pitcher of Long Island Teas and I am going to be watching out for the weather.

Billy
    Old 04-25-2011, 07:37 PM

I have a question: I have a 301A with a serial # of NA 223654. Now I've been to the Singer dating site and I can find out that she was made in Anderson, SC, and between the years of 1951 and 1959 but cannot even begin to figure out how to get to the allotment date. This is because all I've seen so far stops with the A and another letter or the E and another letter serial number. What am I doing wrong and where do I go for more info? Thanks in advance, Chris
    Old 04-25-2011, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts
    I have a question: I have a 301A with a serial # of NA 223654. Now I've been to the Singer dating site and I can find out that she was made in Anderson, SC, and between the years of 1951 and 1959 but cannot even begin to figure out how to get to the allotment date. This is because all I've seen so far stops with the A and another letter or the E and another letter serial number. What am I doing wrong and where do I go for more info? Thanks in advance, Chris
    Chris, I just looked on the ISMACS site and it's about the same...<http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...al_number.html> Don't know if anyone has anywhere else they check but these are the only two sites I've used.

Not much help really? Sorry
    Bronwyn
    Old 04-25-2011, 07:52 PM

Bronwyn; Thanks for helping. Am glad to see I am not the only one out here who cannot find anything. Surely, there has to be something. I'll keep trying.