Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

• Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 02-22-2012, 02:27 PM

I have had several T & S machines, but the only ones I'll mess with now are the 600 and 603. They both have metal gears and the ones I've had have sewn well.
    Truth is, we all have our favorites, for whatever reason. I don't much care for the 66, although I like cranking the 99. I prefer the 306 to 319 because of it's simplicity, but I do have two 319s (one black, one green), so may try treadling one. I've been thinking about that for a long time. I can see why everyone prefers the 403/503 to the 401/500--that simplicity thing wins out every time!
    Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    Cathy says she likes the T&S 600 series. My only experience was with a T&S 750. That machine came to me not sewing properly. I got that dang thing adjusted, but man was that a pain to do. That was my first for the T&S. All the time I was working on that machine, I was thinking I now know one reason why so many women hated to sew, they must of learned on this crappy machine. I sold that machine. Luckily the gal that bought that machine was mainly interested in the cabinet, which made me feel much better knowing that. Money received from that machine went into making a quilt for a victim of the Joplin tornado.

I agree that if one has good luck with the machine then that is all that matters; at least the machine is loved!
    Old 02-22-2012, 03:46 PM

Simplicity; to me that implies the old K.I.S.S. theory. I find the Singer 66's to be really good at that. Perhaps it's because they are so very similar to other machines I have have and have been exposed to I don't know.

Modern sewing machines, are like automobiles: way beyond reason complex. I don't think computers have any legitimate place in either. I guess that makes me an anachronism.

Joe
    Old 02-22-2012, 03:53 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by J Miller
    Simplicity; to me that implies the old K.I.S.S. theory. I find the Singer 66's to be really good at that. Perhaps it's because they are so very similar to other machines I have have and have been exposed to I don't know.

Modern sewing machines, are like automobiles: way beyond reason complex. I don't think computers have any legitimate place in either. I guess that makes me an anachronism.

Joe
    Joe, have you been talking to Billy?
    Old 02-22-2012, 04:01 PM
    Power Poster

http://evansville.craigslist.org/atq/2804294009.html sweet deal
    http://evansville.craigslist.org/atq/2815330723.html - price keeps going down
    http://loz.craigslist.org/for/2807586830.html - another sweet deal

Last edited by miriam; 02-22-2012 at 04:13 PM.
    Old 02-22-2012, 04:12 PM

No, I haven't been talking to Billy. I just don't care for modern stuff all that much.

Those are a couple of nice machines. Unfortunately, I have no more room for treadles or cabinets.

Joe
    Old 02-22-2012, 04:20 PM
    Power Poster

http://lawrence.craigslist.org/hsh/2809498080.html a 403!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Old 02-22-2012, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by miriam
    Joe, have you been talking to Billy?
    LOL Miriam!!!
    Old 02-22-2012, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by J Miller
    No, I haven't been talking to Billy. I just don't care for modern stuff all that much.

Those are a couple of nice machines. Unfortunately, I have no more room for treadles or cabinets.

Joe
    Just stuck in the 50's?
    Old 02-22-2012, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by SnowQuilt
    I have a beautiful and smooth running Kenmore machine, I have tried to date it but with no luck. I would appriciate any help. The Serial # is 0003701 No letter. Model # is 158.18011. Thank you. It has about 40 discs, and many attachments. I love using it.

Patti
    Hi Patti,

I looked up your Kenmore and the listing I have dates it at 1968-69. By the way I have that very same cabinet, but different machine.

Pat
    Old 02-22-2012, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by fluffygirl
    Hi Patti,

I looked up your Kenmore and the listing I have dates it at 1968-69. By the way I have that very same cabinet, but different machine.

Pat
    Pat, I have a couple of Kenmores, but don't know much about them...where did you find your dating list for them? (If you don't mind sharing, that is... )