Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Lostn51 02-11-2011 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by PunkQuilter
Hi all...a white 201? I would have blown that off as a repaint myself. Now it's just one more thing on my wish list.

Billy-There is an owner's manual for the russian machine you are seeking on E-Bay, and another piece of emphera regarding the russian machine. They are pretty cool looking.

Sweet I will go look at them, I am trying to get the elusive machine and I will find it before its over with!!!

Billy

Lostn51 02-11-2011 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by melinda1962
Here is a cute Japanese 15 I got for $5.

I have its brother sitting in my sunroom waiting on parts so it can go out to the studio for the spa treatment. A VERY nice machine!!!

Billy

chris_quilts 02-11-2011 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

I have its brother sitting in my sunroom waiting on parts so it can go out to the studio for the spa treatment. A VERY nice machine!!!

Billy

I would guess I have its sister b/c my 15 clone (I think it's a 15 clone) is a big blue machine in a cabinet. It runs but needs some TLC and a couple of parts. I got mine for $20.

melinda1962 02-11-2011 10:04 AM

Runs like a top. Straight from the consignment shop. Oiled it, but had already sewn on it in the store before I brought it home. Just had to have it, was $25 but caught it on 80% off day. LOL

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid

That's adorable! How is it working? Those are the same colors as my 2-tone 301's. I really like the beige and cream.

melinda1962 02-11-2011 10:07 AM

Getting a Jap15 this weekend that is badged White, and is light blue and chrome, and need it because it reminds me of my first car. Now that is stretching for a reason to get a machine.

Originally Posted by chris_quilts

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Billy

I would guess I have its sister b/c my 15 clone (I think it's a 15 clone) is a big blue machine in a cabinet. It runs but needs some TLC and a couple of parts. I got mine for $20.

chris_quilts 02-11-2011 10:17 AM

Melinda;

I got one of my vintage machines b/c Josie has the same birthdate after her namesake, my grandmother Josephine. Many different reasons for buying the older ladies. Just be aware that it becomes both an obssession and an addiction.

Donna Mare 02-11-2011 11:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I need a slide plate, instruction manual and bobbins for a Singer 6136. If anyone is parting one out. Not an old oldie..just needed it for ziggin and zaggin :)

WilliP 02-11-2011 11:13 AM

Love this, and I have a question. Does anyone know of an instruction book for the vintage attachments. I know I can locate a manual that may or may not tell me what my attachments are, but how to use them?
WilliP

Donna Mare 02-11-2011 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by WilliP
Love this, and I have a question. Does anyone know of an instruction book for the vintage attachments. I know I can locate a manual that may or may not tell me what my attachments are, but how to use them?
WilliP

WilliP I have a couple of vintage ones that explain how to use them. Grins, I walked down to check and forgot which they were .. Yikes.. lol

Donna Mare 02-11-2011 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Donna Mare

Originally Posted by WilliP
WilliP

WilliP I have a couple of vintage ones that explain how to use them. Grins, I walked down to check and forgot which they were .. Yikes.. lol

Signature Mfg co. attachment Stly No. 11
for No. 27 machine

Vibrating shuttle No. 2