Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-12-2011, 03:49 PM

OK - just bought the 2nd one in a week - I think I might have gotten a problem hanging out around here!

This one will be coming to my house :-)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...torefresh=true
Old 03-12-2011, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Well, I got my first fiddle base this morning. I will post pictures later, my DH has the camera!

I am not sure what this machine is - it is from 1889, and I think it is a Model VS 2. It has the 'rose and cornflower' decal. I have another one to clean up and refinish the cabinet!!!!!!!

Anyway, I got a puzzle box and a second wooden box of attachments with odd's and ends in it, like a White bobbin and a W&W bobbin along with attachments.

She is a BEAUTY! Gonna have to be on the lookout for one for myself! Gorgeous machine, give her a pretty name.
I paid $65 for the whole thing - it is missing the coffin top.

Nancy
Here is Bessie (everyone has to have a Bessie right)! This is my diamond in the rough! She will look lots better after she gets her spit shine!
Old 03-12-2011, 04:34 PM

[quote=BoJangles]
Originally Posted by kwendt
wow... if that's a K series, then it's a Singer Model 63. Here's the info from ismacs site... what's the actual s/n?

Weedwoman has a Model 27 allotted on January 16, 1902. Did I miss where she posted something about a Model 63? I'm confused? Nancy
no no... it's a 27. When Weedwoman posted that there were only 200 made that run, it sent bells and whistles off in my head. The industrials and special run machines were done is very small runs like that. On that date: there were 200 63's made. Also on that date, there was a much larger run of 27s started. It should have been that her 27 was part of 39,800 made on April 7th. (not 200). [thanks Weedwoman for clarifying with the actual S/N.] The S/N shows its a 27....

So no... it's a 27 alright.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:36 PM

I am not sure what this machine is - it is from 1889, and I think it is a Model VS 2. It has the 'rose and cornflower' decal. I have another one to clean up and refinish the cabinet!!!!!!!

Anyway, I got a puzzle box and a second wooden box of attachments with odd's and ends in it, like a White bobbin and a W&W bobbin along with attachments.

Nancy
Here is Bessie (everyone has to have a Bessie right)! This is my diamond in the rough! She will look lots better after she gets her spit shine!
Wow... absolutely a fine and beautiful machine! <drool>
Old 03-12-2011, 04:41 PM

[quote=vintagemotif]
Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
Originally Posted by buslady
It pays to talk to everyone you know about your interest in the vintage sewing machines. I got a Singer 99 in a Bentwood case (free!) from my dental hygienist, because we got to talking about quilting and vintage machines while she was working on my teeth.
Too funny! When my husband was at the dental hygienist last fall, he was telling her about my new hobby of collecting vintage machines. The next week when I went, she asked if I wanted the machine for free since she had rescued it from going into the trash. Next day it was mine. Yup, it pays to chat.
See, everyone should get their teeth cleaned :mrgreen: and their prize is a free vintage sewing machine....ha!
Old 03-12-2011, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by kwendt
Okay.... so back in JAN, a local thrift store had a 15 in a 42 cabinet with a "sold and paid" sign on it. However, the sign also said that the person was picking it up 12/23 (as in Dec. of 2010!). Short story... the person never came for it, I kept bugging them about it... and TODAY.... I brought it home. Paid $20 for it (thrift store got a total of $45 between the two of us! lol).

Turns out, it's a 15-91 in nice condition other than the electric cords all falling apart. And get this... it's blackside. The scroll face plate has the type of scroll like the featherweights (kinda celtic knotish looking) but it's black. It even had the straight stitch foot and the Singerlight in black. I LOVE it. Seems to turn over alright, bobbin case is in it, no rust, lots of grease/oil residue. Needs a good cleaning and all the electric redone.

Her AG379228 S/N shows she was part of the series from March 1942... a 'war' machine. A cool piece of history.

Okay everyone... what should I name my 'new' gal?
That's awesome!!! I've never seen a blackside machine.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by ssgramma
OK - just bought the 2nd one in a week - I think I might have gotten a problem hanging out around here!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...torefresh=true
Awesome!!! You were the only bidder :thumbup: I have the same problem as you--2 "new" machines this week!

The cat in your avatar looks so cute and comical....LOL! What is on it's head?
Old 03-12-2011, 05:19 PM

Well, I got my first fiddle base this morning. I will post pictures later, my DH has the camera!

Nancy
Nancy Congrats! Your Bessie is going to be real pretty after her visit to the spa. Wow! You also got a puzzle box and lots of attachments. Very NICE! Looking forward to the after photos.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by ssgramma

Wellllll......since we're being honest, I bought this one this week:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

I know it's pricey for one in this rough shape, but it's an uncommon decal. And I have no self-control.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:21 PM

[quote=cabbagepatchkid]
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
Originally Posted by buslady
It pays to talk to everyone you know about your interest in the vintage sewing machines. I got a Singer 99 in a Bentwood case (free!) from my dental hygienist, because we got to talking about quilting and vintage machines while she was working on my teeth.
Too funny! When my husband was at the dental hygienist last fall, he was telling her about my new hobby of collecting vintage machines. The next week when I went, she asked if I wanted the machine for free since she had rescued it from going into the trash. Next day it was mine. Yup, it pays to chat.
See, everyone should get their teeth cleaned :mrgreen: and their prize is a free vintage sewing machine....ha!
That would be AWESOME! I would be going once a month.lol