Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-01-2011, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterGary
I picked up another 201-2 last night. Ser # AH635142 date 5/20/48. The man said it started breaking thread so he just bought a MW instead of having it fixed. I wanted to tell him he made a mistake but was afraid he would not sell me the 201. It is in a nice shaker style cabinet that does not need refinshing. I was happy.
YAY Gary!! That's great!!
Old 06-01-2011, 10:28 AM
Power Poster

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/atq/2414324473.html

Anyone know what model this machine? It looks to big to be a 301. Is it a good price?
looks like a 403 my favorite machine!!! Great price if it has all 22 top hats and works.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:29 AM

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/atq/2414324473.html

Anyone know what model this machine? It looks to big to be a 301. Is it a good price?
This is a 403, nice machine! It zig zags and needs cams to do any zig zag stitches, takes slant needle feet.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:22 AM

I picked up another 201-2 last night. Ser # AH635142 date 5/20/48. The man said it started breaking thread so he just bought a MW instead of having it fixed. I wanted to tell him he made a mistake but was afraid he would not sell me the 201. It is in a nice shaker style cabinet that does not need refinshing. I was happy.
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/art/2407660615.html

This a picture of the machine I got last night.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:25 AM

I picked up another 201-2 last night. Ser # AH635142 date 5/20/48.
Beautiful machine!
Old 06-01-2011, 12:05 PM

Gary,
Beautiful machine and cabinet, can't find anything that pretty here for less than $200.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:09 PM

She sure is pretty.
Happy sewing.

Blessings,
Sandi
Old 06-01-2011, 12:19 PM

wow.. I have 23 pages to read. But first... let me share some GOOD news....

So I drove my MIL out to do some thrift store shopping today. We got some odds/ends and started home. My MIL said, "Isn't there a little thrift store in the next shopping center". We pulled in. Went into the shop. Sitting RIGHT in front, on the floor with a bunch of baskets was a little dusty black case. I immed. squatted down to look... yup. I ask the man at the counter, "how much is this old sewing machine?" He said, "$10". And I said, "I'll take it!!!!

So I am now the proud owner of a Singer 221 Featherweight, in a nice case, with attachments and manual and the original 1964 bill of sale. Machine is used, but not much. Well loved, and cared for. Professionally serviced, new cord at some point. Musty, dusty, beginnings of mold spots and the usual 221 thread snarl.... that's it. WOW. Happy dance! I'll post pictures when I get it cleaned up.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by kwendt

So I drove my MIL out to do some thrift store shopping today. We got some odds/ends and started home. My MIL said, "Isn't there a little thrift store in the next shopping center". We pulled in. Went into the shop. Sitting RIGHT in front, on the floor with a bunch of baskets was a little dusty black case. I immed. squatted down to look... yup. I ask the man at the counter, "how much is this old sewing machine?" He said, "$10". And I said, "I'll take it!!!!

So I am now the proud owner of a Singer 221 Featherweight, in a nice case, with attachments and manual and the original 1964 bill of sale. Machine is used, but not much. Well loved, and cared for. Professionally serviced, new cord at some point. Musty, dusty, beginnings of mold spots and the usual 221 thread snarl.... that's it. WOW. Happy dance! I'll post pictures when I get it cleaned up.

COOL BEANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats and enjoy............

Blessings,
Sandi
Old 06-01-2011, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by kwendt

Great find. I thought I was finding good bargains.