Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-13-2011, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
Nancy....there is a coffin top for sale on eBay for only 19.99. It only has one day left and there haven't been any bidders. Not sure if you would be interested but you can look at it here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Antique-Singer-T...#ht_500wt_1156
Cabbagepatchkid, thank you. That top looks like the right one for my machine. It has 23 hours to go, so I am going to watch it for a while before I bid!

Kathie, thank you for calling me!

Nancy
Hope you get it!
Old 03-13-2011, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Weedwoman

Ok, it's late and I think I've got monitor eye blur going on. I forgot to put a K in front of the numbers, that changes it, huh. lol OMG, I must go to bed and begin anew tomorrow. Sorry for all the confusion. I did post pics of the 27 in the last few pages.
OK, makes more sense now, I remember the machine! I am also tired and going to go take a bubble bath! Good night all!

Nancy
Old 03-13-2011, 07:43 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cowgirlquilter
Okay, I figured out how to post pics, but since I am a newbie at this, does anyone have any information? Obviously it is a Damascus. It does nothave the belt needed to make the machine work, but my goal is tohave itinthe room, place some quilts draped on the table, and soak in all the good memories I have of my mom and my first memories of her Singer machine. Thanks for looking and I will snap more pics.....
A new belt is only a few bucks. You've got to get this baby sewing! Hate to think of it as only a quilt rack...
Old 03-13-2011, 07:45 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by buslady
I have a 301, but not sure if it is the long or short bed. Anyone have the measurments on one so I can tell?
Post a photo and we'll tell you...
Old 03-13-2011, 07:48 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by luv2learn
Nancy,
my 66's date is feb 5, 1924 and has a side clamp.
Brenda
Well, that is interesting, so far everyone from the 19 teen's and the 1921's, and 2's, have a back clamp except Kathie's 1909 with a side clamp. Does anyone else have a side clamp with a machine younger than 1924 beside Kathie's 1909 machine? It would be interesting to put together an time frame of when the 66's went from side clamp to back clamp to side clamp if that is what in fact happened? I am really starting to think Kathie's side clamping 1909 is a re-do!
Nancy
The 1908 model 66 in my avatar is a back clamp. Sorry if that's not what you were asking, the question confused me!
Old 03-13-2011, 07:57 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
Providence, R.I. Craigslist----Here is a beauty of a New Home coffin top treadle sewing machine. Check out the detail on that cabinet :shock: Seller is only asking $95.00:
http://providence.craigslist.org/atq/2262809452.html
That cabinet and machine are just beautiful! I am glad it is nowhere near me!!!!! I have to stop! Actually, I am going to hold out now for two machines I really want!

Nancy
Hmmmm... and which two might that be? Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:03 PM

Why would someone put a SM on CL and only picture the cabinet? Anyone know anything about a New Home Ruby treadle machine? It's in a town I have to go to for a wedding this week. Will it fit in the trunk of a full size car? The cabinet is a flat topped one.

You collectors/rescuers are enablers. I've never wanted a treadle, but I do now.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Weedwoman

My machine is a 1902 with very plain decals but I do have a 27 with sphnix decals. I might put that head in the cabinet to keep it more original. thanks for telling me the name of the cabinet. I couldn't find info on it.
I'm wondering if your machine has been refurbished--I've never seen that decal on that early a machine. That would be the right time period for the cabinet, though. Sad that I can no longer view Needlebar's info on Singer decals. They had a great site for that.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by pennijanine
The sewing machine fairy stopped by again tonight and I caught him. A stranger brought me a 301W. He is actually a friend of my daughter and he said that this is the first machine that HE brought. HMMMM... Anyway, here are some phots of this SMELLY, FILTHY machine. Anyone have any info for me??
It's a 306--I LOVE mine!!
Old 03-13-2011, 08:19 PM

OOOPS! I knew that, must have been thinking about my 301. I am going to start cleaning tomorrow. I smell really bad, like old, old oil. Can't stand to be in the same room with it!