Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1301 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 301 801 1201 1251 1291 1300 1301 1302 1311 1351 1401 ... LastLast
Results 32,501 to 32,525 of 44790

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  1. #32501
    Super Member Caroline S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sierra Vista, AZ
    Posts
    3,972
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Tell you what. I'll do the bidding, and everyone can pitch in on the final price...it'll belong to ALL of us, and I, of course, will keep custody of said cabinet...everyone's space issues being what they are and all...I'll let you all visit it lots!!
    I wonder what he wants for it? Current high bid is $860 and the reserve is not met.
    Sweet Caroline

  2. #32502
    Super Member Caroline S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sierra Vista, AZ
    Posts
    3,972
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I wonder if I could get Pat to pedal the bike while I sew. We all know how for this will get me. I have been keeping up with the threads but been planting garden and yard work for the last two weeks. We have had weather in the 80's so everything is growing and growing very early this year. So much to do and so little time. I have not had time to sew or play with my machines. Did pick up a 27 Sphinx with very good decals with very little silvering. I need to post my machines in the photo section someday. I have a 1968 New Home (electric with cams I bought when son was born) Made his clothes with it. The manual also said to remove the foot and it FM very well but only did it once. I prefer my treadles.
    WHAT??? Weather in the 80's??? We have had everything here in the past few days except warm weather, rain, snow, sleet, and below freezing temps in the morning. Oh did have a few sunbreaks yesterday. HAH! My garden is still under wraps, I cover all of my planting beds with old cardboard to prevent weeds, until late April. I have learned my lesson about thinking it was Spring and planting too early. One plus is that I can quilt, there is one silver lining to all of our clouds around here.
    Sweet Caroline

  3. #32503
    Super Member jljack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    North Carolina - But otherwise, NOTW
    Posts
    8,073
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    Charlee, Are you bidding on this one?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEAUTIFUL-DO...item2c63bc88dc
    This is that collection we were all drooling over last week, not just that one cabinet.
    Last edited by jljack; 03-20-2012 at 12:44 PM.

  4. #32504
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,971
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack View Post
    This is that collection we were all drooling over last week, not just that one cabinet.
    Yup, these are the ones we were talking about.

  5. #32505
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    sf bay area, california
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    I own one of your lovely blocks!!! It's going in one of my future quilts, honorary spot!
    Definitely a collector's item!

    pat

  6. #32506
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    sf bay area, california
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
    Monica,
    That is quite that score, a rare quilt block by Pat.
    It's a fact that there are only around 12 known to exist.
    -VBG-
    Cathy
    All right you guys!!

  7. #32507
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop
    Posts
    15,409
    Blog Entries
    2
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.

  8. #32508
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop
    Posts
    15,409
    Blog Entries
    2
    http://southbend.craigslist.org/atq/2900472476.html
    WWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.

  9. #32509
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    sf bay area, california
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    I thought so, which is why it will go in center of a quilt that I make.

  10. #32510
    Senior Member JabezRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    386
    Blog Entries
    1
    Anyone see what that featherweight cabinet went for on ebay. Ended today, this morning I do beleive and I forgot to put it on my watch list. Starting bid was $795, just wondered if it went up.
    My stash keeps me in stitches!

  11. #32511
    Super Member Charlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW (I wish it was the Ozarks!)
    Posts
    6,509
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by JabezRose View Post
    Anyone see what that featherweight cabinet went for on ebay. Ended today, this morning I do beleive and I forgot to put it on my watch list. Starting bid was $795, just wondered if it went up.
    It sold for the $795 starting bid...
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

    http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

  12. #32512
    Super Member Charlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW (I wish it was the Ozarks!)
    Posts
    6,509
    Blog Entries
    6
    Ok...I need help People!! What sounds better?

    "But Honeeeeeeeeeeeyyy...it followed me home and I couldn't turn it away, could I?"

    "Yeah...it's another sewing machine....deal with it!!"

    "Thanks Honey! I love it, and love that you surprised me by having it available at the thrift store!!"

    Name:  100_6586 (800x600).jpg
Views: 224
Size:  340.2 KB

    Singer Stylist 457... has a little tension problem right now, but I'm sure that's going to be easily fixed!
    That's a $35 price tag you see on it, made a $20 offer, they accepted, and then seein's how I'm 55, I got the senior discount, so it cost me $18!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

    http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

  13. #32513
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    San francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    249
    I beg to differ. I have a White 77MG and it weighs upwards of thirty pounds. The Mg body didn't help, much.

  14. #32514
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop
    Posts
    15,409
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by nurseknitsLaura View Post
    I beg to differ. I have a White 77MG and it weighs upwards of thirty pounds. The Mg body didn't help, much.
    Mine is a Domestic and it is really light weight - I forget 12 or 13 lbs. It doesn't sew yet - I haven't fooled with it much - don't know if it is the timing or the carbon unit not figuring out the bobbin threading. I should shoot some pics of 3/4 size machines soon. Trying to get them cleaned up a bit - look better in the photos you know - girls just have to look nice........
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.

  15. #32515
    Junior Member crewsemj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    134

    Wink

    Ohhhh Charlee, am afraid I can't help you out with that, (can't remember if he was standing there when you made that promise) but it is a nice looking machine!!
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...5F1E81D66A.png
    Whatever I said in anger, Whatever I shouted in spite, I'm sorry I spoke so quickly--I thought of some worse ones tonight.

  16. #32516
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,971
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Ok...I need help People!! What sounds better?

    "But Honeeeeeeeeeeeyyy...it followed me home and I couldn't turn it away, could I?"

    "Yeah...it's another sewing machine....deal with it!!"

    "Thanks Honey! I love it, and love that you surprised me by having it available at the thrift store!!"

    Name:  100_6586 (800x600).jpg
Views: 224
Size:  340.2 KB

    Singer Stylist 457... has a little tension problem right now, but I'm sure that's going to be easily fixed!
    That's a $35 price tag you see on it, made a $20 offer, they accepted, and then seein's how I'm 55, I got the senior discount, so it cost me $18!
    You got a senior discount!!LOL Now that's a deal!

  17. #32517
    Super Member Charlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW (I wish it was the Ozarks!)
    Posts
    6,509
    Blog Entries
    6
    The machine is not all I came home with...I found a cast iron "Krusty Korn Kob" cornbread pan, a green box Singer buttonholer (I know...I know...but I didn't have a green box!) Got a great McCoy cookie jar, and another shelf unit for my sewing room!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

    http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

  18. #32518
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    sf bay area, california
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Ok...I need help People!! What sounds better?
    Sewing machine? What sewing machine???

  19. #32519
    Senior Member melinda1962's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    474
    [QUOTE=Charlee;5076815]Ok...I need help People!! What sounds better?

    Well, maybe some cornbread in the new skillet may help. Or "this old thing?"

    Or to hear you tell it, your sweet other half will just say, "Good deal, baby!! Is that all they had that you wanted?"
    Melinda

  20. #32520
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,971
    Blog Entries
    10
    So, after cleaning the race and case on my Singer 201, I started to think if I should have done something similar on my Singer 66-1s. I spent a hour looking for the needed info, and discovered that the machine would benefit on cleaning and replacing the oil wick. This is something that needs to be done on 66s and 99s...unless they are just setting on shelf looking pretty- like mine are now. This may have been talked about before on this thread, but I can't remember it. So, heads up for those that are using their Singer 66 or 99 and have not checked the felt on the oil wick; it may need to be added or replaced.

  21. #32521
    Member lyndajean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    75
    Hello Everyone! Although I visit the Quilting board daily it has been a long time since I have posted anything. But I have news.......Hubby just bought me my very first Featherweight!! soooo excited! Now where do I begin? I would like to clean her inside and out, I know there is information here but I dont know where to start my search. Could someone please point me in the right direction. Oh and her birthday is May 10, 1951. Havent even thought of a name for her yet! We got her at an antique shop on Cape Cod. Any help would be much appreciated! Pictures soon!

  22. #32522
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop
    Posts
    15,409
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    So, after cleaning the race and case on my Singer 201, I started to think if I should have done something similar on my Singer 66-1s. I spent a hour looking for the needed info, and discovered that the machine would benefit on cleaning and replacing the oil wick. This is something that needs to be done on 66s and 99s...unless they are just setting on shelf looking pretty- like mine are now. This may have been talked about before on this thread, but I can't remember it. So, heads up for those that are using their Singer 66 or 99 and have not checked the felt on the oil wick; it may need to be added or replaced.
    so, are you going to do a tutorial on it??????????
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.

  23. #32523
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop
    Posts
    15,409
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by lyndajean View Post
    Hello Everyone! Although I visit the Quilting board daily it has been a long time since I have posted anything. But I have news.......Hubby just bought me my very first Featherweight!! soooo excited! Now where do I begin? I would like to clean her inside and out, I know there is information here but I dont know where to start my search. Could someone please point me in the right direction. Oh and her birthday is May 10, 1951. Havent even thought of a name for her yet! We got her at an antique shop on Cape Cod. Any help would be much appreciated! Pictures soon!
    here is a link to one my sister and I cleaned up for my mom: http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...t-t174236.html feel free to ask questions
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.

  24. #32524
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,971
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    so, are you going to do a tutorial on it??????????
    YUP!! Plan to do the cleaning tomorrow; so, give me a day or two before tutorial gets posted on QB.
    I just need to do my California and Idaho BOM stars, may get to CA tonight and have Idaho wait.

  25. #32525
    Super Member Charlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW (I wish it was the Ozarks!)
    Posts
    6,509
    Blog Entries
    6
    [QUOTE=melinda1962;5076923]
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Ok...I need help People!! What sounds better?

    Well, maybe some cornbread in the new skillet may help. Or "this old thing?"

    Or to hear you tell it, your sweet other half will just say, "Good deal, baby!! Is that all they had that you wanted?"
    The cornbread pan goes back out as soon as I find a buyer!! Shouldn't be too hard...I still have connections with the Griswold & Wagner Society!

    And yes...he really IS pretty good about what I buy...but he's getting a bit impatient with the sewing machines! He'll frown, for sure, and then help me find someplace to put it!! LOL!
    Thing is...I wanted the cabinet more than I did the machine...I hate the one I painted...so may sell the machine and keep the cabinet for my 201!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

    http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.