Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-27-2011, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme

Did you want mocha or black? Look at his one... if I hadn't just brought two machines home, I would have definitely gone for this one. I love the cabinet!

http://kpr.craigslist.org/hsh/2462561373.html
Oh Linda, that black 301 looks just like mine, and I LOVE that mid-century style cabinet. Wish I lived closer. Oh well, at least I have mine!!
Old 06-27-2011, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Originally Posted by missgigglewings
I wanted to share this with you: I love looking at all the old machines but have never bought one till this past weekend. I found her at an estate sale for $10.00. She reminded me of a car I have wanted to own all of my life. A 1957 T-Bird with the port hole window. Had to be tourquoise! I will never own the car,but here is the next best thing. She sews the fastest I have ever see a machine sew and is so quiet! I have heard zippers that are louder! What do you think...ain't she purdy!
I'm not related to you in any way I don't think but, I have also wanted a 57-T Bird with the port holes ever since I first saw one. I too own a tourquoise machine which I will call Birdie.
Your machine looks great hope you have fun sewing on her.
I have a brother machine that is tan in color with all the jewelry and cams. I like sewing on her and she is quite also. Mine is a 1964 model and in a cabinet.
Hey..we might be! I cross stitch too! My machine is a Brother, but feels like a "she"...so I named her Sis!
Old 06-27-2011, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by MarieM
Quilt Mom, post the link when you can and your computer is more cooperative. I've checked a few places that have free manuals but haven't found one for the 19E yet. Hopefully I'll find one soon or I'll just bite the bullet and pay for one. Here is a picture of her. I hope to have a chance to sew on her tomorrow.

Thanks,
Marie
Wow, Marie, that Viking looks like new!! Good find!
Old 06-27-2011, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by shelburn
Update on my old "New Home" treadle machine. I have been cleaning and polishing and soaking and scrubbing "Cora's" body, but was not able to figure out the shuttle and bobbin threading. Also didn't know much about needle size or whether it was threaded from front or side.
My DH and I went away for a couple of days and my eletronics engineer son fiddled with it and when I got back, he had it sewing a fine seam!! Am so pleased! There is a picture of it on this vintage thread on pg. 1034 if anyone is interested. Found the relics website and am pretty sure that I have found a manual for this machine. Will send for it when I finish the Antique riding clothes relining job. Want to do a doll quilt on it!
Will now try to locate a coffin cover for it. Thanks to everyone who gave me tips on where to search.
Congratulations to your son for getting the New Home treadling! And, wow you are re-lining antique riding clothes? Are you a member of a renaissance riding club?

Nancy
Yes, you could say I belong to a renaissance riding club. It is called New Engand Aside. We collect, repair, buy and sell period side-saddle clothes, saddles and anything connected to side-saddle riding. We have been group since 1980 and have had many adventures through people we have met. It has been great. I don't ride much any more but still have my Tenn. Walker gelding. I do most of the sewing, repair of clothing an also love to copy pictures of old habits for people who want them.
Looking at your avatar, it looks like you are into horses too. My horse is 32 years old and we are growing old together!
Old 06-27-2011, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by HisPatchwork
This is my new treadle, that belonged to my great- grandmother. I would like to know how to date it. Also, I need to replace the carraige that the bobbin shuttle fits into. Any ideas on where to get the part for it? Anyone have extra parts for The Free No.5? I am going to call a local repairman. The machine was in Illinois, I brought it with me to Georgia. my serial # is C78415
I have one just like that cabinet too! It was my MIL's. I will be checking to see if you get any information on it! I've had it for a while and want to clean it up etc and give it to my SIL since it was her mom's.
Jan in 906
>^::^>
Old 06-27-2011, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
LindaR... what a beautiful machine Lotus is. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
she is happy in her new home...she was so neglected and so dirty...she feels like a new woman/treadle/lotus...thanks :thumbup:
Old 06-27-2011, 08:47 AM

I am SO stinkin' excited!! I got an email from Mike this morning telling me that he does indeed have not only the spooler (bobbin winder) that I need, but he also has a full set of the glass presser foot inserts AND two metal ones...for my WW8!!
I've spun around in my chair so much since I got his email that I'm dizzy!!! :lol:

The spooler
[ATTACH=CONFIG]217531[/ATTACH]

presser foot inserts!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]217532[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-217525.jpe   attachment-217526.jpe  
Old 06-27-2011, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee
I am SO stinkin' excited!! I got an email from Mike this morning telling me that he does indeed have not only the spooler (bobbin winder) that I need, but he also has a full set of the glass presser foot inserts AND two metal ones...for my WW8!!
I've spun around in my chair so much since I got his email that I'm dizzy!!! :lol:
Charlee, That is a very nice find! Congrats on the glass presser feet!
Old 06-27-2011, 09:16 AM

[quote=BoJangles][quote=vintagemotif]
Originally Posted by BoJangles

I have a second quilt I am making for the almost 3 year old's birthday! It is a simple row quilt - he was with me in the fabric store and wanted Grammama to get some Dinosaur Train fabric, his favorite TV show, so I got stuck making this one! His birthday is in 3 weeks and the quilt has to fit a double bed - not his crib!

Nancy
I love making quilts for kids and babies since the fabrics are so cute. I also love it when the kids picks out the fabrics for their quilt, makes it even more special. He is going to love that quilt!
Old 06-27-2011, 09:36 AM

Your yellow Brother turned "Buick", reminds me of one of my parents' car. It was a yellow Chrysler New Yorker. Man, was that car ever huge… a true tank! When it had mechanical problems, it was called the lemon. When the car was running well, we called it the tank. My parent held onto that car until it turned brown and died. Oh, and when it turn brown from rust spots, we called it the brown banana.

I'm liking everyone's zig-zag machines!

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
I love the old Brother machines. I have a yellow one that I refer to as "The Buick".
Originally Posted by missgigglewings
I wanted to share this with you: I love looking at all the old machines but have never bought one till this past weekend. I found her at an estate sale for $10.00. She reminded me of a car I have wanted to own all of my life. A 1957 T-Bird with the port hole window. Had to be tourquoise! I will never own the car,but here is the next best thing. She sews the fastest I have ever see a machine sew and is so quiet! I have heard zippers that are louder! What do you think...ain't she purdy!