Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-08-2011, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Silly Seller!

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/atq/2535535097.html

:shock: :shock: :lol:
Maybe, I should send him a picture of the 500a I just got for $15 posted on page 1449!!!!!!Geeze!

Nancy
Old 08-08-2011, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by lee231
For those of you that have the Two spoolers, what is a going price for them?
My Eldredge Two Spools that has a nice cabinet, attachments, manual, - complete - posted here on page 1169 and the photo shop page 9, I paid $90. For the National Two Spool, just the machine, warranty, manual, attachments, and some very old letters between the owner and National, I paid $65.

Nancy
Old 08-08-2011, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by vintagemotif

Originally Posted by Charlee
Oh wait...I kinda sorta hafta sew a quilt top to do that, huh?
Charlee,

Don't you need to make a quilt top and bottom and at least spray baste them to the batting!!
EEEK!! Spray basting is only for FMQ on a sitdown machine...I dealt with one that had it; put it on my short arm on frame setup, and it was difficult to quilt it.
I saw the finished quilt. You did a great job despite "someone's" unintentional action that hampered your kindhearted offer to quilt it despite the fact it had been spray basted. I'm 100% certain that "someone" will never do that again!
Old 08-08-2011, 12:30 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by nickylsf
In my zeal to oil my recently acquired 301A, I put sewing machine oil in the motor tube, and then learned I should have used lubricant. I got some lubricant and tried to put that in, but it did not seem as though there was room to put any in. What should I do?
take the motor out and take it to a rebuild shop they will do a fine job servicing the motor. Then put it back. You just need to find a service manual - even the 401 manual will tell you how to do it. It is not very hard. To take it to a sewing machine shop will cost you a lot more. link to 401 manual - start at page 125 or so and scroll down - yanking the motor is the same procedure.
http://parts.singerco.com/IPsvcManuals/306W25.pdf
Old 08-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Silly Seller!

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/atq/2535535097.html

:shock: :shock: :lol:
ROTFLMBO :roll:
Old 08-08-2011, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by jljack

I'm dying to try FMQ on a treadle, I just don't have one that drops the dogs....BUT!! I can use a buttonholer cover!! :D

Oh wait...I kinda sorta hafta sew a quilt top to do that, huh?

Y E S!!! Charlee, making a top comes before the FMQ!!! Nearly every time, as far as I know!! LOL LOL :lol: :lol:
There is always whole cloth and panels!!!
Old 08-08-2011, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
I got a good deal this weekend I think. I will have to put pictures up later. But I got a FW card table but the top is in tough condition. I want to restore it but was not sure how to proceed.

On the top there are just a few areas here and there of coating left and it is crazed. The wood seems in good condition with just a small place where the veneer is gone next to the part that is removed. But the veneer is lifting just a bit around a good portion of the outer edges.

Should I take the whole top piece out of the wooden frame and then try to put a bit a glue with clamps on it before I try to refinish?

What finish would you use, shellac or varnish? I think the old finish will come off easily with a quick rub from steel wool. Should this be my first step?

I think I can just lightly sand the frame and legs and repaint with black. Although the black paint is not bad, just rubbed a bit on some edges. The leg brackets have a bit of rust so can try to clean those up too.

Glen I hope you don't mind helping with your expertese. I hope to post some pictures tonight.
Don't mind at all I will be waiting for the pics.
Glenn
Old 08-08-2011, 12:55 PM

Nickylsf, I love your Wheeler & Wilson machine. Very cool! :-D
Old 08-08-2011, 01:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by QuilterGary
Here is a real Treasure. Never saw one before.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/atq/2533382930.html
That is a nice machine and well worth the price!

Billy
Old 08-08-2011, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Yep, our only choices were Home Ec and foreign languages. I took Latin. Best choice I ever made.
Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
:lol: I couldn't stand the old snag that taught Home Ec...I took woodshop instead!
Charlee, you are younger than I am. No possibility of woodshop for me :-( Ah, well :lol: :lol:
I am glad to see someone else who thought taking Latin was worthwhile. I sure do, and wish it was still offered. So many words we use everyday have a Latin root.