Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 11-01-2010, 05:22 AM

I've been told that the 15-125 is the same machine as the 15-91. I did download a free manual for the 15-91 and it looks the same as the manual that came with the 15-125 And although, I don't know much about it, I think it has a potted motor. Is that where the motor is attached to the outside in the back? At least that's where the motor is on my new (old) machine. I cleaned it up yesterday and I put new thread on the bobbin and threaded the top. It sews a beautiful straight stitch. Can't tell the bottom thread from the top. Today I'm going to a different town to a fabric store that has a repair shop. I'd like to get it really cleaned, greased & serviced before I start using it. Also, I need to find a darning foot so I can start to practice my FMQ. This has been so much fun. Wish I had a bigger house...I'd really start a collection of vintage machines...hahaha.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:06 AM

Careful, Debbie! Collecting vintage machines is addicting!! But they are so fun to use!
Old 11-01-2010, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
Careful, Debbie! Collecting vintage machines is addicting!! But they are so fun to use!
It is true. I see Vintage Singers I do not have and try to figure out what other furniture I can move out to have these beautiful Singers I see. We just have his recliner and my glider/rocker left after moving out the rest of the furniture.

See what collecting Vintage Sewing Machines does? No room for visitors to sit.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:01 AM

Yeah, this thread is not helpful to my checking account. I now have 13 sewing machines! You guys are such a bad infulence. Have I said thanks lately? Thanks! :D
Old 11-01-2010, 11:17 AM
Power Poster

[quote=Debbie B]
Originally Posted by Debbie B
It is a Singer 15-125 and the feed does drop for FMQ. I was told by several people that a 15-125 is the sister machine to the 15-91 just in a "light green dress". I had been looking for the 15-91 when I spotted this machine. The young man that sold it to me for $60 had recently bought a house where the furniture & odds & ends were left in it. Isn't she pretty?!
I like! She is most lovely.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by KatFish
Yeah, this thread is not helpful to my checking account. I now have 13 sewing machines! You guys are such a bad infulence. Have I said thanks lately? Thanks! :D
You dont even want to know what mine looks like! :lol: :lol:

Billy
Old 11-01-2010, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by KatFish
You dont even want to know what mine looks like! :lol: :lol:

Billy
Post some pictures. I would love to see your machines. I bet they are beautiful. Debbie
Old 11-01-2010, 11:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Debbie B
Post some pictures. I would love to see your machines. I bet they are beautiful. Debbie
Okay these are just a few that I have for use in my studio, there are actually more in there now since this photo was taken a month or so ago.

This doesnt even touch what I have in the house that I do not use at all because they are close to museum quality and near perfect examples. And all but 3 are treadled.

Billy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-117361.jpe  
Old 11-01-2010, 11:54 AM

Okay these are just a few that I have for use in my studio, there are actually more in there now since this photo was taken a month or so ago.

This doesnt even touch what I have in the house that I do not use at all because they are close to museum quality and near perfect examples. And all but 3 are treadled.

Billy[/quote]

I love that Rocketeer...beautiful. I think I have the third one down from the top. It's my husband's great grandmother's. The cabinet & the treadle fell apart when they took it up from his mom's basement after his mom died several years ago. It's in my guest room. From the serial I looked up on the Singer site it says that it was made in 1894. The machine was used a lot and the decals are worn in some areas, but it's still pretty. I've never know what to do with it. I put a picture below. Your machines are just as gorgeous as I thought that they would be...hope you post the pictures of the other ones soon. Thanks.
Debbie
Attached Thumbnails attachment-117367.jpe  
Old 11-01-2010, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
I think the bobbin winder would work because the few change overs I have done from solid to spoke wheels I have never had the bobbin winder issues.

Billy
I tried to put a spoke wheel on my 15-90 when I converted it to treadle, but the bobbin winder didn't work.