Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 01-23-2013, 03:03 PM

What beautiful precious babies. Keeping you all in my prayers Anael, each day I pray they get stronger.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:14 PM

DS rang me this morning to make sure I was ok. He can't get out of his yard today as the road is flooded. I just went for a quick drive and took these photos.
The first photo is of his street and the cream building on the left is his units he is in the last one of four so high and dry just not going anywhere.
The second photo is the main highway which goes through town, the whole town is cut in half. There are a lot of Fire and Rescue crews in town and helicopters overhead. Just spoke to my neighbours who can't get to work today but if I have a medical emergency its ok as they are both doctors..
just checked the website and we have had 10 inches of rain in the last 24 hours. Yesterday it just didn't stop and was heavy rain with lots of wind. Even the dogs didn't want to go outside.
I have to keep checking the river levels, if the Herbert River rises over 12 metres I will have to move my car to higher ground, but might do that anyway later today, better to be safe than sorry
Only one thing to do today and that is lots of sewing
Attached Thumbnails davidson-street.jpg   north-bound-highway.jpg  
Old 01-23-2013, 03:15 PM

How sweet and tiny the babies look now...and save those pictures to display when they wed or maybe show them to every date they bring to the house!! I was a preemie...and now you know what is really wrong with me!! My stomach had not developed right, so they told my grandmother to never 'un-sit' her table and feed me seven to nine times a day...so I developed a life long habit of eating continuously...have never stopped. Love food. Love to cook food. Love new recipes for food. It is a wonder why I do not weigh in at 300 pounds.

Well, I went to my kitchen at the wrong time today...{[(gasp!!)}] still recovering from the shock!! Retreated to the bedroom to converse with the TV troubleshooting guy...he did fix the problem there of a loose wire by redoing the end stem on the cable. So we have a working sink in our kitchen and a working TV in my room. But the poor hens needed feed, so I had to make a quick run to the feed store, then come back home to feed dh. Fixed him fried fan tailed shrimp which to him tasted better than the leading sea food place. Had to take a nap after all that action in my morning...too much for an old lady!!! Tomorrow is a new day and that's the best of news for me.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:23 PM

Opps..Mirabelle was couple of seconds faster than I was on the submission. We have a USA song about 'How high is the water, Mama?" "Two feet high and rising" and on through the song...which I thought of as I looked at your pictures. Lots of water, do take necessary steps to stay safe and dry, please.

Four times at work during the time I was in South Texas, we were surrounded by high water, and they came for the kids at junior high in row boats in mid afternoon. Experienced teachers always parked on the 'high' ground parking spaces... where water did not get into the motor.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:34 PM

Aneal...thanks for the pictures. I keep praying for you and your entire family. Sleep well tonight! My card should be there in the morning.
Mirabelle...You haven't told us if you have grown webs between your toes. Such a lot of water! BTW...I saw a documentary of Kola bears around Brisbane. Very interesting.
OK...love your quilts. Glad you can almost return to the land of quilting. I've missed you.
Jeanie...I saw Easy Street set in regular rows and really like the affect. I'll have to see how my blocks look in that form before i sew them together.
QNS..hooray for the plumbing and the TV fix.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:06 PM

No web feet yet but I do answer the phone with "quack quack" my friends think it is hilarious.

QNS I know that song and have it on a CD, I really really love old songs.

It has stopped raining at the moment but the forecasters say there is more on the way. Haven't made it to the sewing room yet, have been doing the laundry and tidying up a bit
Old 01-23-2013, 04:08 PM
Power Poster

** alert **eye candy** alert**

Yes, I have finished and posted two PC blocks! Last night when I was working on them, I remembered it was about this time last year that I was scrambling to get all the FWS blocks done for the end of January. It's SO nice to be back at 'em!

Anael ... oh such tiny and precious babes! Prayers and good wishes are coming from Canada for them. Every "little" thing is a huge milestone and yes, such challenges for them. As the others have suggested, please seek out what support the hospital can offer to help all of you learn and understand more. Your Grandmother's Choice parasol block is so pretty .... and 8" too!

MiraB ... my oh my! Looks like you might to start building an ark! Is this your normal rains for this time of the year? or exceptional quantities? And just because you have Dr's next door, please DO NOT create a medical emergency! Take care and Sew your little ♥ out!

QNSue ... hope you had a productive day in your sewing room, while all the activity happened! Maybe better stay there tmro too!!!

JeanieG ... yea for another set of BBs almost done!

GGal ... Thanks! though not totally back to PC. Will have to get it sandwiched and quilted.

Baby Quilts?? ... Not being a Mom or Grandma ... please help me out Ladies! What's your batting preference? polyester? or Warm and Natural? And this baby happens to have been a preemie as well ... just not as early or as tiny! Now four months old.

Now ... I'm off to eat supper and then hopefully some PC sewing time!
Old 01-23-2013, 04:31 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
No web feet yet but I do answer the phone with "quack quack" my friends think it is hilarious.

QNS I know that song and have it on a CD, I really really love old songs.

It has stopped raining at the moment but the forecasters say there is more on the way. Haven't made it to the sewing room yet, have been doing the laundry and tidying up a bit

You should have put the laundry outside and saved yourself some work!
Love your *quack quack* humour .... totally something I would do!

Of course you could answer it with ...........
♪♫♫♪ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmCpOKtN8ME ♪♫♫♪
Old 01-23-2013, 05:05 PM

Anael--what precious babies! Thanks for sharing pictures.

Mirabelle---that is a lot of rain in such a short time! We had floods in Iowa a few years back, but not that much rain all at once.

QNS--I know that song too...by Johnny Cash called Five Feet High and Rising. Our kids sing along too. Glad to hear that your water and cable problems are now fixed.

QE--Congrats on getting a couple more PC blocks finished!!

I worked today, but before leaving was able to get the last two sections sewn on my Rosie quilt. Just have 3 blocks to quilt, then borders to add and binding. While at work I finished the first border, got all of the 2nd border and half of the 3rd on the baby quilt shop sample I started last week...someone else will probably finish it up before I work again so it can be displayed.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:02 PM

Oh so much goin' on!! The most important thing is Anael's baby's. I'm prayin' for 'em. I'm also prayin' for you,your DS & DDIL. {{{{HUGGS}}}}
I'll post tamarrow all about my OKC trip.