Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-30-2011, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by quilt addict
I
IDoing the happy dance......
OMG! Some of you are sooooooooooo lucky! I can't even believe what you got -- and one of them is a 1937 and a 45 model? Do they both have the beautiful scroll face plate? UNBELIEVABLE!

Nancy
Yes they both have the nice scroll face plate. I think I will just focus on garage sales from now on. Most of the machines for sale specifically on CL are usually way over priced.

Nancy you get your share of deals too. I still am looking for a Davis vertical feed.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts
Look at this one. It is beautiful. DH would kill me but I want it. Drool, drool and more drool. Need a bib!!!! Another one I'd like.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/atq/2469318105.html
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/atq/2464250633.html

Update: Did email about 1st posting.
If the drooling gets to bad let me know as I have a great pattern for one that I have to use when looking at all the beautiful machines. :lol: Kathie
Old 06-30-2011, 11:06 AM

Nancy/Bojangles,
Thank you for showing me the entire quilt. :-D The batik you used for the background and borders really picks up the colors in the blocks. Great quilt! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Sharon W.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:09 AM

Omak,
Welcome! I have Singers,Berninas,Pfaffs,a New Home,a Janome. We don't care what brand you have, everyone is welcome.
Sharon W.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by psychonurse
featherweight
born 1951 june 1 Elizabeth NJ
AK 416867

She came with a case and several feet. should have taken a pic. forgot.
She did not have a plug on her cord when purchased, but
for $179 I got that taken care of.
she has some wear on the front AND I have not investigated how to clean her up from that aspect.
She sews like a charm. Her name is CeCe
Beautiful FW! Does anyone on here have a FW older than 1935? I have a first run of 1935 FW and was wondering if I have the oldest one here?

Nancy

What is the date of the earliest FWs? I had some woman tell me that she had a FW from the 1920s. I told her that I thought they didn't start making them until the 1930s. She told me nope, that she had one from the 1920s. So, what type of "FW" did she have?
She may have had a Sewhandy made by Ossan(sp). The first FW came out in late 1933. Lots of people think that if its old and black it just might be a FW, others think that the Singer 128/28 and 99 is a FW because its smaller.
Sharon W.
Sharon W.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:39 AM

I own a Singer 128, made in Elizabeth NJ in 1921. She is not a Featherweight, she is 1 3/4 machine and is 15 inches long. I just posted a picture of her on page 1256. She hasn't been cleaned up yet!
Old 06-30-2011, 11:55 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by deplaylady
Originally Posted by HanNatNana
Originally Posted by Nanamoms
No, if I find a "red" one, (and have the funds) I'm jumping on it! HeHe Billy (Lost51) has a pink one for sale in Classified.

Is it wrong to want a machine just because it's pink?

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions...33480.html#des

There's a red sewing machine on <eBay.com.au> #150625794835 and also #260808321519 the latter doesn't have a power cable, but the main thing to remember is that our power is 240v so you would need a step-down transformer.

Bronwyn ;-)
Those are really cool! You people really aren't helping to keep me out of trouble! I saw a really pretty colored blue one yesterday at a goodwill for $39.99, a Style-mate, EX99785 that had a really nice cabinet. It turned real stiff, and I'd rather save my money for that pretty pink one Billy has. which is probably snatched up by now - I haven't headed over there yet!
get one without a belt underneath - better all around
Old 06-30-2011, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by psychonurse
featherweight
born 1951 june 1 Elizabeth NJ
AK 416867

She came with a case and several feet. should have taken a pic. forgot.
She did not have a plug on her cord when purchased, but
for $179 I got that taken care of.
she has some wear on the front AND I have not investigated how to clean her up from that aspect.
She sews like a charm. Her name is CeCe
Beautiful FW! Does anyone on here have a FW older than 1935? I have a first run of 1935 FW and was wondering if I have the oldest one here?

Nancy

What is the date of the earliest FWs? I had some woman tell me that she had a FW from the 1920s. I told her that I thought they didn't start making them until the 1930s. She told me nope, that she had one from the 1920s. So, what type of "FW" did she have?
She may have had a Sewhandy made by Ossan(sp). The first FW came out in late 1933. Lots of people think that if its old and black it just might be a FW, others think that the Singer 128/28 and 99 is a FW because its smaller.
Sharon W.
Sharon W.
I wasn't thinking of the Sewhandy as an option, but I thought that she may have thought her 99 or 128 was the FW.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:14 PM

Misswigglewings,
Your machine is lovely! I have one, but the decals are gone
she's probably only a parts machine.
Sharon W
Old 06-30-2011, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by melinda1962
Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by melinda1962
Originally Posted by Charlee
Is it wrong to want a machine just because it's pink?

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions...33480.html#des
Is there a WRONG reason to buy a machine? :lol: I think she's pretty!
I have two pink Japanese clones, an Atlas that is a baby pink, and a Monarch that is more a salmon color, but both have their original matching pink foot controls. Both drop the feed dogs and sew like a dream. Fast and straight.
Melinda I have its sister in the sale section right now, Its a Brother "Windomatic" with all of its accessories and case with the original tins and boxes. It was badged for the Atlas Company in Florida and sews like a dream!

Billy
My Atlas has a different profile, for lack of a better word. But I still like it. S119462 is the serial number on mine.
Melinda, your Atlas looks like a beefed up Singer 301!! LOL I like it a lot!!
It sews like one too. It is a great little machine. I, like most of the qb members, have a hard time choosing which machine to use, but I go to this one frequently. It is easy to adjust the pressure foot pressure, and drop the feed dogs when needed, and is fast as lightning.