Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-17-2011, 11:14 AM

[quote=miriam][quote=SewExtreme]
Originally Posted by miriam
I have just got to stay OFF CL... I have GOT to stay OFF CL... I SSSSOOOOOOOO have GOT to stay OFF CL... I am weak, I have no resolve...

It won't work Miriam... I have tried... to no avail! No matter how many machines I bring home... I keep lookin'
Yeah, I just got an email from the enabler sister - last night she found that Singer 306 on CL she knows I was watching and offered $$$ and told them I would pick it up.... I do have a treadle base I could put it in... get the base out of the garage and make DH happy I suppose. BUT you know she can't take either the 503 or the 306 home with her on the airplane..... so they are mine..... I'll be driving all over creation tomorrow. They aren't exactly next door to each other or next door to where I live.... I was ok letting them stay on CL until she got them dirt cheap...
Your sister sounds like a terrific sister... at least she got the prices down!
Old 07-17-2011, 11:22 AM
Banned

CL is trouble for me also. There were like 5 or 6 nice machines in my area for $20 each and and industrial for $55. Needless to say they're all here in my garage...................

Billy
Old 07-17-2011, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by tomilu
You have to look at this wonderful eye candy that was posted on Treadleon.http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...07077835EjdpGN
Tommie; BEAUTIFUL eye candy. Those declas are awesome.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee
A direct link to the pdf file for the 185:
http://www.singerco.com/uploads/down...185jkfinal.pdf
Miz Johnny, thank you! Now if I can get the handcrank off this puppy I'll be happy! It's pretty "stuck" on there... maybe I'll just pull the needle everytime I want to wind the bobbin!! :lol:
Charlee; Love that case and it has beautiful grain in it. I have several old bentwood cases with machines. Need to see if they're as pretty as yours.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:55 AM
Power Poster

[quote=SewExtreme][quote=miriam]
Originally Posted by SewExtreme
I have just got to stay OFF CL... I have GOT to stay OFF CL... I SSSSOOOOOOOO have GOT to stay OFF CL... I am weak, I have no resolve...

It won't work Miriam... I have tried... to no avail! No matter how many machines I bring home... I keep lookin'
Yeah, I just got an email from the enabler sister - last night she found that Singer 306 on CL she knows I was watching and offered $$$ and told them I would pick it up.... I do have a treadle base I could put it in... get the base out of the garage and make DH happy I suppose. BUT you know she can't take either the 503 or the 306 home with her on the airplane..... so they are mine..... I'll be driving all over creation tomorrow. They aren't exactly next door to each other or next door to where I live.... I was ok letting them stay on CL until she got them dirt cheap...
Your sister sounds like a terrific sister... at least she got the prices down!
My sister IS the best sister in the whole wide world. I hope she is reading this... She won't sign up but she loves to read the posts. She loves the vintage machines too - she collects in Mesa, AZ. I happen to know she has (2) 301s she's going to part with one day. Of course I found a machine or two on CL in Mesa and stuck her with them.... it's only fair now isn't it???
Old 07-17-2011, 12:29 PM

Does anyone know where I can get a handcrank to stick on one of my machines? I checked Ebay, but all I could find were those made in China ones with the Chinese lettering on them, and I don't want one of those. It needs to be from somewhere that will ship to Canada, as well.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by jan on 446
[quote
The cute little LED lights are more than I paid for the machine. I found a Singer Light for about $19, but again, with shipping, that would be more than I paid for the machine.
If you check around online, you can probably find the led lights fairly cheap.
If you really like the machine, a few more buck for a light might be a good investment. I know Nancy's Notions carry the led lights. I've been thinking of getting one as it can be directed exactly where you need it.
Jan on 446
>^;;^<
The cute little light might be cooler and more energy efficient anyway.[/quote]

I bought one of those little bendable led lights from Nancy's Notions when they were on sale and I got some extra of the little stitck on things so you can move the light from one machine to another cause they are too expensive to buy one per machine and you can only sew on one at a time any how. (unless you are way more talented and coordinated than I am)
Old 07-17-2011, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by beaniekins
Does anyone know where I can get a handcrank to stick on one of my machines? I checked Ebay, but all I could find were those made in China ones with the Chinese lettering on them, and I don't want one of those. It needs to be from somewhere that will ship to Canada, as well.
PM Billy (Lostin51) and see if he has any left. Sewclassic.com also has some with no chinese lettering on them, but they are probably from there??
Old 07-17-2011, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
CL is trouble for me also. There were like 5 or 6 nice machines in my area for $20 each and and industrial for $55. Needless to say they're all here in my garage...................

Billy
Gee Billy, I don't feel so bad now! I only got one new one this week.

Texas Jan
Old 07-17-2011, 01:12 PM

I just acquired a beautiful 401A at an estate auction yesterday! I haven't had a change to play yet, but DH is growling. Since this is not a machine on my wishlist, I may have to sell her. :0( I'll let you know if she goes on the auction block.