Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 01-17-2011, 04:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cvardiman
Hello, My name is Catharina,

I am an immigrant from the Netherlands.

I own an old Singer threadle machine and would like to find out if there is a place where I can buy parts.

Any assist welcome.

Thank you very much.

Catharina :-D
Hello and welcome to the States and the board!! Just so you know everyone here is family and you will fit right in with the best of us and we really look forward to seeing your machine and hearing about your projects and adventures!!!

Billy
Old 01-17-2011, 04:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Grandmother23
http://neworleans.craigslist.org/atq/2163746145.html

Found this on cl. Called and lady says the model # is 15334812, she thinks. Would this be something worth looking into for this amount?
That cabinet looks to be in pretty good shape, and the Model 27 Singer looks complete. They are only asking $75, which means you could probably get the whole thing for less. I'd give it a go!

Nancy
I never paid anything over $20 for a machine in this condition with treadle.

Billy
Old 01-17-2011, 04:42 PM

Found this on cl. Called and lady says the model # is 15334812, she thinks. Would this be something worth looking into for this amount?
Actually, for being 112 years old that machine looks great! If that serial number is right it is an 1898 machine!

Nancy
Old 01-17-2011, 04:43 PM

I am still looking for info on a 1890 Davis (manuals or anything on the use of machine) I am having trouble putting the shuttle in right. I have not been on the board for a while now since the holidays and family coming and going from all parts of the world. I have missed you guys. Hope everyone had a great Christmas. I see you are still keeping Billy busy!!! I have started a new quilt, it will be my Americana quilt with eagle and presidents. Glenn
Old 01-17-2011, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Billy
Billy you are just very lucky or a very good barterer! I don't see what is so bad about that cabinet? I have bought much worse and fixed them up! I think, for being 112 years old, that machine and cabinet look better than most! Are we all looking at the same machine? It looks complete and you can still see most of the decals? I bet she will shine up very pretty!

Nancy
Old 01-17-2011, 04:52 PM

That cabinet looks to be in pretty good shape, and the Model 27 Singer looks complete. They are only asking $75, which means you could probably get the whole thing for less. I'd give it a go!

Nancy

Billy
Thanks Billy and all that replied.
Oh by the way, I will take out stock on cotton balls and Q-tips!! I really enjoyed taking my machine apart today. As in an earlier post, only one bandaid after poking my finger with a screwdriver. Thanks again.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn
I am still looking for info on a 1890 Davis (manuals or anything on the use of machine) I am having trouble putting the shuttle in right. I have not been on the board for a while now since the holidays and family coming and going from all parts of the world. I have missed you guys. Hope everyone had a great Christmas. I see you are still keeping Billy busy!!! I have started a new quilt, it will be my Americana quilt with eagle and presidents. Glenn
Welcome back Glenn, can't wait to see your Americana quilt!

What kind of Davis? A vertical feed? If you are interested in a Vertical Feed Davis, you missed quite a long conversation on this board on that subject! Trish, Randa, Miz Johnny, and now Vintagemotif, not to mention me, all have Davis VF machines!

Nancy
Old 01-17-2011, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by burnsk
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Don't know if you mean the thread tension or guide. Please post picture. And I'm sure Billy could help you with this. Talking about Billy, where is our leader of the band?
Can't swear to it, but after chatting with Billy on another thread, he may be out of town for a few days. I'll bet he's got a computer with him and you'll hear from him soon.
He is here just busy as they come!! I have been playing catch up from the winter break and I have been dropping in here and there but I havent been posting. But I will be around a little more I promise!!

Ask me about the Lime Green Singer 27 I am doing for a member on this board............ :mrgreen:

Billy
Billy,
Hope you start posting some pics of your completed projects soon. Can't wait to see lime green!! Don't tease us along with a suggestion and then leave us hanging! Pictures, pictures, pics...
Old 01-17-2011, 05:01 PM

Nancy, Thanks for the welcome. No my davis is not the VF it is the one with the funny thread tensioner on top of the arm. You can see it page 392 to this thread. I will post pic to the quilt when I get further along on it. It will be hand quilted so will take awhile. Thanks again Glenn
Old 01-17-2011, 05:03 PM

Miz Johnny, you have so many machines, I bet your DH doesn't know half what you have!

Nancy
True, that!

You all have been very chatty today!! I have been hiding in the upstairs non-sewing room (as opposed to the basement non-sewing room) cutting fabrics for a quilt retreat this weekend. Black/white/red. I'm going to have fun with this one. I still need to cut more for a Mountain Majesties quilt, but am not quite as excited about the fabrics. Maybe I should go to a quilt shop for more? Or maybe just to the storage unit. . . . .