Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Coffee creamer alternatives and a tea question. Can we talk?

Blog Entries
    I use to use creamer and sugar in my coffee til the doctor told me the reaction of the creamer/sugar combination was responsible for the migraines. After going to black coffee the migraines went away. But now I'm not allowed coffee so its tea with a tsp of sugar.

I haven't used sugar in my tea since I was kid, either hot or cold. One exception was doing High Tea in Canada. I do nonfat milk in my Starbucks coffee.

I promise not to buy any more fabric until I see something I really like. Or it's on sale. Or I think it might match something.

I use Half & Half, the full fat stuff, it doesn't have all the fillers and chemicals in it.
    I drink all sorts of black teas, coffee doesn't agree with my stomach.
    Sharon

Check out "The Republic of Tea"; they have the round tea bags with no strings. And they have a lot of delicious flavors. I like the Dream by the Fire, Good Hope Vanilla, and the Chocolate coconut one. If you email them and ask for free samples of a few you'd like to try; they are very friendly and generous.

Blog Entries
    So, you asked, and I can tell you I'm a black tea-aholic. The only green tea I like is the iced green tea at Panera. (Not advertising, folks, just sayin'.) Recently I developed a kidney stone. The doc says:"Here are four things you need to cut out....tea, chocolate..." and by then I was in shock and told him to just take me out into a field and shoot me. He didn't think that was at all funny, but really, tea keeps me going. Chocolate, I can give that up. We have compromised on two cups of tea a day (read that as four) and while some of the kidney stone is gone, there is still a chunk remaining. The bad thing is that having a stone (there are four types) makes one also give up or severely restrict things like broccoli, strawberries, asparagus, anything with a high oxalate content. So if you drink tea...know that unless you balance it out with water, you may get kidney stones. Or not. Depends on the diet, too. The amount of caffeine in one cup of coffee equals that of two cups of tea. Happy tea or coffee drinking and may the "stones" avoid you! :-)
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Land o Lakes makes a fat free half n half. You can buy smaller containers and add a tsp of real vanilla extract to it- more if needed to your taste.
    “Come to me all you who are weary and I will give you rest”~Jesus

Blog Entries
    Consider this. Really strong coffee, and a lot of it enables those twitch muscles for FMQ
    I drink too much coffee, but love it.
    MaryKatherine
    marykayhopkins123.blogspot.com

My tea in winter is Lipton's decaf with a slice of candied ginger thrown in.

T.
    I only drink tea, and like some kind of "cream" with it. I have tried different things: half & half, condensed milk, cremora, various International delights flavors; my favorite is still the evaporate milk, and sugar. It's the right consistency. Milk is too runny, half & half is too thick. Currently I am trying to finish the International White & Macadamia container that I just bought to try.

I'm a tea drinker, I have used stevia or Truvia but have resorted to no sweeteners most of the time. I will occasionally use a bit of honey. My hubby is a coffee drinker, he makes his own every day and uses an espresso machine. He likes it strong.but will add a little almond milk. It's better for you than regular milk.

Blog Entries
    Black, strong, unsweetened coffee here--but not after noon. A few times a week, I have tea in the afternoon--black tea if I need a little pick-me-up, herbal otherwise. I make my tea very strong and sweet (I've heard it called smokejumper tea). Green tea makes me jumpy for some reason. I have to avoid ginseng for the same reason. I don't drink iced tea--have never liked it for some reason.

I would think that for the small amount used, real milk or cream would be best for avoiding chemicals (maybe dry milk for convenience), if you aren't lactose intolerant.
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com/

Nancy, since I've had to do gluten free and dairy free, I've been using chocolate almond milk..........It is delicious in coffee, without coffee and you get your daily vitamin, Chocolate!!!!
    Jennifer: Organized in my dreams.
    🌷RIP dear Tigger....you are missed!
    Buddybear's Mom ...Yorkie Fur Baby

Blog Entries
    When asked if I take cream or sugar in my coffee, I always say, Neither as I think if you are a true coffee lover, then you drink it with nothing added. I also drink tea, hot and cold and also plain with nothing added. Actually I could not even drink iced tea until I accidentally tasted it without sugar and realized that it was so good.
    Mary
    Mary
    Quilts cover us with warmth and love!
    Make quilts not war

Blog Entries
    I drink both coffee and tea, all kinds of tea. I like real milk in my expresso's & English Breakfast tea with real sugar, honey & lemon in my Green Tea (made with ginger infused water) half cup plain water, half cup ginger, I drink leftover morning coffee with milk, sugar and ICE. Enjoy your coffee & tea.. just think "moderation". My grandma said more of us will die from "stressing about what we eat" than the food itself. I'm retired. Not giving up much of anything, if it made me happy at 25, 35 and so on, I'm going to enjoy it now.
    Jackie
    Lover of Scrappy, Chocolate and Wine

Cafe latte with low fat milk (no sweeteners) in the morning. The rest of the day strong brewed loose leaf tea with a dash of low fat milk. In the evenings maybe some chamomile or herbal tea with a spoonful of organic honey. Don't like the chemical taste of any of the whiteners or pre-mixed packet stuff.

Blog Entries
    I only drink tea and sometimes with milk. I haven't ever used creamer (I did use powdered milk a couple of times when I was out of milk). My husband uses the powdered stuff but he has a cup of coffee once a week at most and only uses about a teaspoon of it so I doubt he'll worry about the safety of it.

I drink coffe with skimmed milk. I also like green tea with lemon or earl grey tea, but if you are cutting down caffeine apparently green tea has more caffeine than coffee! The African redbush (roibush) tea is naturally caffeine free.

I love coffee and will never give it up. I never use artificial creamers. I use a little half and half in my coffee. I love some Tea's too. My favorites include Orange pekoe, Oolong combined with Jasmine and Candy Cane lane which is very delicate tasting not at all like sucking on a candy cane ~ but it's hard to find. I also love to make Iced Tea in the summer. I use a gallon jug of cold water add 4 Cranberry/apple Zinger tea bags and let it sit in the sun all day. Then I bring it in the house, add a 12 oz container of frozen lemon aid and let it cool in the fridge. Very refreshing.
    Next to God we are indebted to women, first for life itself, and then for making it worth having.

Christian Nestell Bovee,

I like tea with a splash of milk and a package of sweetner.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

I use whole milk and sugar. I am of the belief that low fat is not healthy.

How about some vanilla extract in the coffee?? About a 1/4 teaspoon.

Quote Originally Posted by DebbE View Post
    I drink tea -- usually Liptons or Red Rose, but two bags, as I like to brew it strong.
    As a Brit in the US thats exactly how I use liptons and red rose - in the end I reverted back to good old PG tips via online shopping.

Blog Entries
    I don't drink coffee often, so when I do, I want to really enjoy it. Three little words...Sweetened Condensed Milk!!!!!

You are right about there being so many flavors of tea (including green tea). Republic of Tea makes a wonderful honey lemon green tea as well as so many more. I like coffee too but drink only one cup a day. I use DaVinci's French vanilla flavoring in mine, no milk.
    I do use stevia in my tea for sweetening.
    Serita

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    How about some real cream?
    It doesn't take much ... and being the real thing, it is much healthier for you than some of the other options.

For my tea ... I like it black and the stronger the better, so no help there for the add-ins.
    There's always lots of herbal and other sorts of teas which can give you oh so much flavour, and not be a regular plain black tea. Again, I don't add to those either.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast