July weight loss

Old 07-05-2014, 07:55 AM

I took my dogs this morning off-leash, that was a mistake. Too many things for them to stop and smell so I only make the well head and back but that is 2000 steps.

I'm enjoying hearing the self-made success stories turning up on the nurtisystem thread. The dedication to healthy living is something we don't give ourselves enough credit for.

I know when eating out most fast food joints have Really good salads now, our Safeway grocery has great salads iin the deli case now (kind of expensive but has anyone priced pizza lately?) and Applebee's has a section of their menu dedicated to healthy eating. Can we name some more common sense items restaurants?

My husband did groceries last and he brought home a couple of boxes of Stoffer's french bread pizzas. Yowza! 400 calories for one piece!!
there is more to my story but mother is pounding so I must fly...more steps!
Old 07-05-2014, 09:05 AM

I am a newbie joining for July. Looking forward to the fun and communications.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:17 AM

KQ, I could go for a few bites of that pineapple mess. Sounds good to me.
If I am hungry for pizza, I get a Papa Murphy's delite. They are really good and satisfy that need. The super thin crust makes it a lot fewer calories.
It's great that Applebees's has a WW section in their menu but they use msg in their food so I can't eat there.
Broiled or grilled shrimp is a great healthy option. Order it with a baked potato and steamed veggies for a healthy meal. if you have Mimi's, they have a light menu. I wish we had one here. Green Mill has some light items on their menu too.
Pat, I have been there too many times to count. I would love to see the look on their faces if you load all that stuff into their cars.
I've been doing well getting at least 100% on my activity monitor every day. "It" wants me to increase my goal. I'm considering it.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:45 AM

welcome bj!
Old 07-05-2014, 11:40 AM

Pat, I love your attitude. I would do the same thing with those dirty things.

Well, the cast has been changed but I had the wrong cast tech so it's not right so I'm counting days again. Three weeks and three days. The surgeries were much more extensive than I thought. 80 staples and stitches in areas I wasn't expecting. Everything looked good, but no xrays this trip = that's in two weeks when the pins come out. My car acted up the whole 100 round trip in National Cherry Festival traffic. Luckily, my friend is very calm which kept me from freaking out. I will need to get it in this week. I did freak him out , though, when we got back here and I handed him pliers and asked him to alter the cast. Kind of out of options - it was the day before the holiday and I sure couldn't leave it the way it was until Monday.

My dog walker hasn't shown up today and Moira is looking for him. I will call if he isn't here soon as he can't wait until evening with idiots setting off fireworks early. I can barely handle them if that happens while we're out. My granddaughter took them out yesterday.

It looks like I am going to have to water my own flowers today. That will be fun. That and sewing more quarter circles are my big plans for the day.

I haven't been eating many carbs. Last night I let my son buy me a raspberry shake. It tasted good, but I didn't particularly care for how I felt afterward. Today I made pumpkin muffins - the first in a long time. Wish me luck controlling my consumption - that's what they make freezers for.

KMQ, I'm sure that cake tasted fine. That's #4 daughter's birthday cake so I'll be making one August 4th. I had a similar thing happen last week. I was making a cheesecake for another friend. I had part of it in the crust when I realized I had forgotten the sugar. When I tried to pour it back into the bowl, the crust slid and went too. Whoops. Couldn't feed it to the dogs because Moira can't have wheat. Couldn't bake it then call a daughter to pick it on the way home for her boys who will eat anything as she won't come here after dark because of the bears. So I baked and gave it my friend. I forgot to ask him how it tasted. If it had been for anyone else, I would have topped it with marshmallows and chocolate chips and called it a S'Mores cheesecake, but this doesn't eat much sugar so plain with strawberries was better for him.

I AM losing weight and getting healthier.
Old 07-06-2014, 05:41 AM

Pat, I'd be pretty upset, too. My husband used to get upset with me because I refused to leave the house until I had it cleaned up and cleaned the bathrooms. I hated walking back into a messy or dirty house after vacation. It was always worth it to me to leave for vacation later than we had planned to be able to walk back into a nice clean house.

I'm headed to the gym in a few minutes. My abs are sore from day before yesterday. Need to exercise for my back, it's been bothering me so much!

Irishrose, I can't believe that about your cast. What a bummer! Hang in there.
Old 07-06-2014, 06:28 AM

The winner for June is Purl with a loss of 9.4 pounds. That is awesome. Everyone keep up the good work. There were lots of good losses for June. I was not in that category. Too much good food and alcohol in Hilton Head. Purl will be receiving 13 FQ.
Pat
Old 07-06-2014, 06:39 AM

I am not a neat freak at all. Both of my sons had a weeks worth of socks and work uniforms scattered all across my living room and dining room. There were dirty dishes everywhere. Most of it is gone now. Also they never put out a new dish rag EVER! I could smell it when I walked in the front door. I am hoping to get some sewing in today. I am ready to start something new. I am going to make a flag quilt for my brother. He has been admiring mine for years. He has helped me with numerous projects around the house. Hopefully I can finish it for his birthday in October.
Irish your new quilt sounds beautiful. I can't wait to see it. I hope your cast is better with your modifications. I walked about a mile last night. My knee feels ok this morning. The only thing that bothers me is that I am so out of shape. I have not walked much in months. I see the doctor on Monday and hopefully I can start the shots again. My good knee often hurts more than the bad knee.
Have a good weekend. The produce it starting to come in from the garden like crazy so I have lots of yummy veggies. So far I have zucchini, onions, corn, peppers and tomatoes. MMMMM I love the tomatoes the best. I need to come up with something yummy to make out of the zucchini for dinner.
Old 07-06-2014, 06:49 AM

WOW we have a big group for July. The list is...
meanmom
Quiltnan
bjsmith57
PamH
AnnT
silverfoxmag
Edie
KalamaQuilts
Kimarene
Purl
Pete
irishrose
Mateoh
TeddieBearLady
AnnT
CindyA
mjmachin
MaryMo
I hope i have everyone. Let me know if I missed you. The fabric themes for the next 3 months are July batiks, August black and white, September pinks. It saves postage to send 3 months at a time, that is up to you. If I owe anyone a PM of my address send me another one. Good luck and healthy eating to everyone.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:14 AM

My Rob walked with me this morning, what a treat. 3100 steps.
(((hugs))) to all of us!