March Weight Loss 2016

Old 03-14-2016, 07:12 AM

Great tips, Sewbizgirl! Congrats on your loss and reaching your goal. Drinking all that water is a challenge for me. If I have a glass next to me I will drink it, but I forget to refill it! Thanks for your words of wisdom.
Old 03-15-2016, 02:58 PM

Spoke too soon. We all are in various stages of a cold. Can't shake this sickness...
Old 03-16-2016, 04:31 PM

So sorry to hear you are feeling bad again Jcarpentier. I am heading to a quilt retreat this weekend. I can't wait. I took Friday off of work so I can leave early. I am so ready for a day off work. I received the menu a couple of days ago. It is going to be a rough weekend for healthy eating. I am doing a biggest loser at work. Today was so crazy i missed the weigh in I will have to do it tomorrow. I think it should be a good one. The only time I had a free minute today the person in charge of the weigh in was busy. Hopefully I can catch her tomorrow.
Hopefully we can schedule a meeting about my kindergartener soon. She was crazy off the hook today. She wasn't much better yesterday. The principal was out and the assistant principal, who is supposed to be in charge of discipline isn't much help. All he did was come in and yell at her to get it together. Not much help. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. I went to spinning class and a group power class to de- stress. I feel a lot better now. Gotta go start packing up for retreat.
Old 03-17-2016, 08:42 AM

Thanks meanmom. We are on the mend. Yesterday while at school my daughter got a concussion while on the play ground. She was running and collided with another student, who was bigger than her. She hit the back of her head on the tar. She is ok today and we sent her to school. She has already missed so much school from being sick. We would have kept her home without hesitation if she needed it today. One thing after another!
Old 03-18-2016, 10:50 AM

Sure glad this is Friday, it has been a tough week eating-wise. It seems like all the old goodies are calling my name this week. I am back to wanting to nibble all the time. This could be bad for my weight loss this week! I will see at weigh in tomorrow.
Old 03-21-2016, 05:56 AM

Hey everyone. Hows it going? It may be spring in other parts of the country but not here in Maine. We are getting snow as I write this. Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 03-21-2016, 06:40 AM

I have been so bad with my eating. Sugar has crept back into my life and I can't seem to stop. Nighttime eating is bad too. April will be my month to buckle down and get serious about my health again. I have been pretty good about going to the gym though. I gave the spinning class 3 tries. Can't say that I love it but I think I will like it better when I am in better shape and my butt gets used to the seat.
Jc, sounds like the noreaster has made it to you. How much are you supposed to get?
Old 03-21-2016, 04:46 PM

I just returned from my quilt retreat. I am afraid of the scale. I didn't eat as bad as it could have been but not good. I feel bloated. We had a wonderful time as usual. We went to a new location this year and it was nice. The food was yummy just not figure friendly. For breakfast yesterday they served scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, biscuits and cinnamon rolls. I took a cinnamon roll, they were huge I intended to only eat half, well somehow the whole thing jumped into my mouth. I will find out the damages when I weigh myself on Saturday. I hope it isn't too bad. I feel like I gained 5 pounds. I did make it to spinning class tonight. I felt sluggish. I did ride 17 miles in 50 minutes. Here is the quilt I made on retreat. it is called Geometric Gradations by Geta Grama. Not sure why images from my phone end up sideways.
Attached Thumbnails img_1601.jpg  
Old 03-22-2016, 03:40 AM

Pam H, we got about 5 inches or so but a lot of it has melted already. Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-22-2016, 10:11 AM

I've never been on a quilt retreat. Sounds like fun. And it was National Quilting Day on Saturday too- how appropriate! I did make it up to my sewing room that day to do some organizing & try to figure out why I bought that black fabric I just pre washed. I still have no idea & that's not like me! I've been working on a quilt that started out as leftover blocks from one I made my sister & her husband last year. They wanted a pretty long drop on it & I calculated it on all 4 sides instead of 3. So I had 3 rows of warm wishes blocks that I ripped apart & did some slicing & dicing on. Now I'm working on surrounding those with braids on all 4 sides. I like how it's coming out.

My DH is out of town & I always eat better when he's gone! I need to get back on the treadmill but haven't done that since we got back from the cruise & then was sick. No excuses now, but I still haven't done it!

I like your quilt Pat. I've seen some of her patterns & she does beautiful work. Isn't she on this board from time to time? I think I've seen her on FB too.

Last edited by Maggiemay; 03-22-2016 at 10:14 AM.