Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Favorite Quilting Magazine? >

Favorite Quilting Magazine?

Favorite Quilting Magazine?

Old 06-12-2011, 10:46 AM

I have several favorits. American Patchwork and Quilting, McCall's, Quick Quilts. I do subscribe to those.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by DebraK
I recently took an online subscription to Quilter's World, because someone here mentioned that you get the last five years of issues free. I thought that was a pretty good deal, especially since I don't have to store the magazines on my shelf.
I've done both of the Quilter's World & I will go back to the online subscription once my mag. runs out. For the very reason you mention where you get past issues. That way I have no magazines piling up.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by alwayslearning
Still being relatively new to quilting, I haven't chosen a favorite, but certainly have a complaint. I recently (April) responded to a "deal" from Love of Quilting -- one year for $14.97 plus four free gifts. They charged my credit card $18.97, not $14.97 and the only "free" gift I have received is one PDF pattern that I could print at my expense. My mistake, I thought Fons & Porter were reputable. I finally received my first issue last week, no free gifts and I am getting no where calling or emailing them. Live and learn? I have learned to not even look at their notions display at JoAnn's.

I subscribed and waited for the free gifts, they never showed. I called and was told it was "in process" and I should recieve in 2-3 weeks. About 6 weeks passed and still nothing, so I called again, was told there was an overwhelming response to the free gift offer and I should be recieving shortly. About 2/3 weeks passed and I got my so called free gifts.......a couple of little leaflets with quilt related info in them.

I have noticed that when you subscribe to a magazine, you don't necessarily get it before the newstands and you don't get any free cds or extras that are sometimes in the ones at the store. The newest Love of Quilting for example, was in my store earlier in the week with a free cd...I didn't get it in the mail till yesterday and no cd :(

robin
Old 06-12-2011, 10:57 AM

My absolute favourite is Irish Quilting. The magazine is top quality and I've made one of their quilts. It hangs on my bedroom wall across from my bed where I can enjoy it first thing in the morning and last thing at night. It takes a while for it to get to our magazine store here in the Yukon but it makes me so happy when I see it on the shelf.

The other magazine I buy regularly is The Quilt Life. I love how there is a bit of recipes and other life stuff in there...it actually is about a quilt lifestyle.

I've tried other magazines at times and have found that they just don't "go" with me and my life.

Thank heavens we're all not the same!!!!!
Old 06-12-2011, 11:10 AM

Thanks Vivian! We work really hard here at Irish Quilting! Please send photos of your quilt and continue your feedback, good or bad--we care.
thx!
Sherry

Originally Posted by YukonViv
My absolute favourite is Irish Quilting. The magazine is top quality and I've made one of their quilts. It hangs on my bedroom wall across from my bed where I can enjoy it first thing in the morning and last thing at night. It takes a while for it to get to our magazine store here in the Yukon but it makes me so happy when I see it on the shelf.

The other magazine I buy regularly is The Quilt Life. I love how there is a bit of recipes and other life stuff in there...it actually is about a quilt lifestyle.

I've tried other magazines at times and have found that they just don't "go" with me and my life.

Thank heavens we're all not the same!!!!!
Old 06-12-2011, 12:56 PM

The only subscription that I have kept, due to inflation, is "Quiltmaker". It has quilts that are in my range of expertise.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:16 PM

I love Quilts and More. I'm trying to locate a pattern in the Winter 2008 Edition -- in case anyone holds on to old books like I do!
Old 06-12-2011, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by katier825
I subscribe to a few, but I really like American Patchwork and Quilting best. The reason I like it best is that it shows quilting options, not just the pattern & piecing. Some of the magazines don't focus in on the quilting part, so it's hard to figure out what to do.
I also like American Patchwork & Quilting and McCall's the best. All the others, and I mean all the others aren't what they used to be and I don't get as much out of them as I used to. I have subscribed to all the quilting magazines over the years and have a huge collection of magazines, but these two are my favorite.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:43 PM

I currently have a subscription to the following.
American Patchwork
Easy Quilts (part of Quilters Club of America)
Fons & Porter
Quitlers World
McCalls Quilting
Quick Quilts
Quiltmaker
Quilters World
Quilt

Think I got them all, I use to get Quilters Newsletter, but let that one run out this year. My two favorite are American Patchwork & McCalls Quilting.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:37 PM

My favorites are American Patchwork, Quiltmaker, and Quilter's World. I used to subscribe to them, but after several years I only buy magazines with patterns I like. I have a ton of magazines and I am running out of room for them!