2015 Fabric Moratorium

Old 09-27-2015, 03:15 AM

Congrats Sophie2 welcome back.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:02 AM

Check Amazon for fabric. You can generally find anything there!
PS- this is my first post here. I've been reading for a few weeks and have enjoyed it a great deal.
Old 09-27-2015, 12:08 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Conchalea View Post
Check Amazon for fabric. You can generally find anything there!
PS- this is my first post here. I've been reading for a few weeks and have enjoyed it a great deal.
I can tell that you will be a great addition to this group, particularly for those of us who are notorious about falling (jumping) off the wagon. lol

My GF needs to finish her bubble quilt so I will get to go with her shopping for border fabric next week. I will get my fix without spending any money. Now that's a win-win situation. Of course I am waiting for the CT order to come in and I have NO IDEA where I am going to park that stash. I bet I can fit another container under the table. If you can't go sideways, go vertical!
Old 09-27-2015, 12:15 PM
Power Poster

Welcome to the new and not so new....

Keep me in your thoughts as on a week's time I begin full time work at the LQS.....Yikes
Old 09-27-2015, 12:19 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post

Keep me in your thoughts as on a week's time I begin full time work at the LQS.....Yikes
I used to help out in a bakery during summers and after about a week or so, the last thing I wanted was anything sweet. Maybe it will be similar for you. Cutting all that fabric may be a turn off.
Old 09-27-2015, 01:25 PM

It is a good thing I am back on the fabric moratorium. Today I was pressing a piece of fabric I purchased a month or so ago and realized I was using my last comic book board. Good reason to use what I have and not purchase more comic book boards!
Old 09-28-2015, 04:31 AM

Have been busy sewing scrappy backing from 40 or so Fat Quarter pieces I used for strips on the front! Finally finished cutting and now to sewing the backing. DH informed me that he planned a trip to Philly with a side trip to Lancaster, PA so I could go to quilt stores. Aiding and abetting! I will finish the one quilt before we go but have started my list of needed Kona cotton and neutral blenders yardage. Will limit my purchases though to finishes and projects in boxes. I hope....
Old 09-28-2015, 04:57 AM
Power Poster

Well here's me sitting here being quite smug....I went to a fabric emporium and came out with 2 packs sewing machine needles and a belt for my Singer 15. Then....I realised I just blew $100 on plant/gardening related stuff in lieu of fabric....(hand smacks head)....my two passions will be my downfall......
Old 09-28-2015, 05:13 AM

You are in my prayers. I can't imagine going into the LQS every work day. I'd be bankrupt and sleeping in the yard to make room for all the fabric.

I got some kitten fabric for the Pet BOM my club is doing. So that's ok. Only half a yard for borders.

Used my JoAnn's coupons for pearl cotton and other items for the Victorian Crazy Quilt. So I can say I was a good girl last week.

This week is the sewing expo in Fredericksburg Virginia I hope I can hang on during that one.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:08 AM
Power Poster

Oksewglad, I'll be thinking of you, but we want a full report at the end of your first week . My husband was a master candy maker and to this day, one small piece of candy and he's done, however, I don't think fabric is going to be the same thing.
Earthwalker, it's fall on this side of the globe and the spring bulb catalogs are filling my mailbox. I'm trying to be strong...
I did make a remarkable discovery: you DON'T HAVE TO spend $50 at Connecting Threads. No. Really. They will still take your order. I have a pattern I wanted to try that needed 5 FQs and that new Kaleidoscope collection was perfect. I just ordered the 5 FQs, shipping was just over $3 and even if you add the postage onto the price of the fabric, the FQs were still less expensive and nicer quality than JoAnns. Of course I really want to get 2 yards of everything in the line. Or maybe 3 yards...