Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-09-2011, 09:55 AM

Thanks, MJ. I will give it a try.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by scrapngmom
I got up today and stood on the scale and it showed I had lost 3 lbs since the beginning of July. Woo Hoo. Then just to be sure, I stood on it again and it showed a 5.5 lb loss. Confused, I got off and stood on it again. this time the loss was even greater. What the heck? I changed the battery just last month. I jumped on one more time and it showed the original weight. So I am going with it. No wonder I can't figure out how much weight I have lost or gained.
Wow,no wonder you don't know if your losing or not.I bet you are.Can you tell by the way your clothes fit?Mine are looser,I always lose more inches than pounds.Which is what I wanted.And I alway weigh more on the dr's scales than mine.By at least 5 pounds.I'm sure his is right.But do have to go by mine,because I go every 3 months to my dr. And my scales are working, good,so just add 5 pounds to the number.I've had other scales down thru the yrs,and their always off by 5 pounds from the dr's too.But never had one with a battery,just the old fashioned ones with the ticks on them,their the expensive good ones and their huge and heavy but are good scales.Good luck,and I know you can do it.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:29 AM

My friend posted this on her blog recently and I thought maybe I could substitute "blogging" with "quilting"...

*laughs*

Why Deb can’t come to the blog today

1.Dude, the errands, they never stop.
2.I got permission last week to stop wearing my sling, which is awesome since I kinda hadn’t been wearing it for some time before then. My shoulder is almost 100% better as are my ick-tastic bruises. Good news, right? Let’s celebrate! Let’s go chop some very difficult things! Meh. Now that there is no risk of permanent damage/deformity, no flagrant disobeying of the doctor’s orders, it’s so much less fun.
3.The discovery of Kitchen Market. Why should I cook? I could live on their black bean soup and perfect cumin-sherry vinaigrette green salads for the rest of my life, or at least this month.
4.We finally got the kitchen clean and I just see no reason to rattle it.
5.I think those 9-stick of butter pecan bars officially pulled me under. I mean, it’s got to be like making that timpano or Death by Chocolate. What is there left to offer after such indulgence? I think I have a baking hangover.
6.I’m cooking a rather large meal for both of our families this weekend, and I need to conserve my energy.
7.I’m so far behind on responding to comments, do I address those or just move onto the Next New Thing? I am torn and will instead do nothing.
8.I actually have been working on a couple things discreetly, but as they are gift-y treats, you’ll have to wait until I actually gift them out to tell you about it.
9.Cooking is a leisure-time activity. These are not leisurely times. See #1.
10.Cooking might cut into my snowflake-crafting time.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Did anyone watch Dr Oz today? He had a ton of information about when to weigh ourselves and what time of day we burn more calories and fat. He talked about what time we should eat and how to boost our metabolism. I tried to find that info on his website but I either am a dork and didn't see it or it isn't on there.

The thing that really struck me was that the very BEST time to weigh ourselves in immediately after we wake up in the morning.

I hope y'all are doing well tonight. Cathie is going back to her home tomorrow. I will surely miss her. I also am trying to plan a trip to Texas with my mom (and also Cathie). I am going to start some quilting tomorrow after Cathie leaves. I think that will keep me from crying after she leaves. *sigh*

My parents are going to Fuddruckers and I cannot wait until they get home so I can eat the burger mom is bringing home for me. Yumm-O! I know it doesn't sound healthy but since I cannot eat the bread...the meat, avocado and cheese are great sources of protein for me. I am going to start (effective tomorrow) keeping a food journal so I can see if I am getting enough protein. I sure hope I am.

I will be going to the gym tomorrow too for the first time since my surgery. I do not know how much I can walk on the treadmill but I am going to try.

I hope that the weekend brings good things to all of you!!

Love,

Missy
Hi missy,google "foods that burn fat".I said it here a couple times before.But will say it again,also could you please re-post the 7 ways to lose weight for the new comers,that is very good advise and works. There is a lot of foods that burn calories.That's how I burn mine as I can't exercise.My back is shot,and my joints are inflamed all the time.It's amazing the foods that burn calories,like apples and things you wouldn't think of.But I did find a utube site that we could do maybe,as it's from a fitness trainer,and she's great and has reciepies and easy arobic type belly dancing.I think it would maybe get my waist down some.Her name is "tiazzawilson" and she has a blog.I only do the free stuff and there is a lot of it for me.She has enough info to keep me busy.Just put her name in the search box and please everybody check her out.Besides,just doing her slow moves would tone me up.I don;t plan on the shimmying stuff,as my back can't take the jaring,but I'm going to try it.Just thought I'd put it out there for anybody that might be interested.I love her reciepies for burning calories,and her vitamin regiment is good too,so might get some of those.I always like learning new ways to lose weight.Well I know it hurt to see Kathy leave,but when you get better,maybe you 2 can move in together one day.That would be better for both of you.You are such a great gal and deserve happiness.You have inriched my life since I met you,as you are determined like I am.When we make our minds up,we follow through with it.And it helps me too,to know your losing your weight right along with me.We all here on this thread are losing weight together,and is the only one I know that is working and gets results.So,good job.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by pnptrapp
Got up this morningand did a 45 minute yoga workout! I've also lost .7 pounds so far this week! I encourage all those who can to try and do some toga at least once a week! The stretching benefits are so wonderful! Stretching is important to any workout routine!

I still haven't made my meal plan but I'm going to have to do it soon!

My sons ball game got cancelled becuase the umps couldn't handle a little bit of a sprinkle! Have another one tonight. Hope they play well they seem to be on a streak!

Good luck to everyone and keep working at it and working out!
You are right on target with the yoga/stretching.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:14 PM

i had a very lovely hot dog in a roll with mustard, ketchup and relish. i took the evening off. my headache is a little less this evening so i celebrated. i've been very good with drinking water when i'm not sleeping. lol i'm surprised i haven't wet the bed !!!lmao! on the other hand, eating has been very difficult. haven't checked my weight but i will be ok if it just stayed the same. thank goodness this is a looong month. i'm sure i'll need the extra time!

missy, i'm sorry cathy had to leave, but it will be great to see her again. does she work? what does she do? where did you meet? help me know her. she must be wonderful!
i AM losing--ground at the moment, weight soon! lol
Old 07-09-2011, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
I have GREAT news! I lost a pound!

Woo! Hoo! I think drinking water is the key, also.

Stick with it everybody, consistency counts.
WTG MJ! Keep it up!
Old 07-09-2011, 03:29 PM

Hello friends. Things are quiet for me today. Got in an early elliptical workout. My walking is better, but I still waddle. Or is it a limp? I am SO much better than a week ago. Had planned to go to the pool, but it started to rain and I took a nap instead.

Stay safe this weekend.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
i had a very lovely hot dog in a roll with mustard, ketchup and relish. i took the evening off. my headache is a little less this evening so i celebrated. i've been very good with drinking water when i'm not sleeping. lol i'm surprised i haven't wet the bed !!!lmao! on the other hand, eating has been very difficult. haven't checked my weight but i will be ok if it just stayed the same. thank goodness this is a looong month. i'm sure i'll need the extra time!

missy, i'm sorry cathy had to leave, but it will be great to see her again. does she work? what does she do? where did you meet? help me know her. she must be wonderful!
i AM losing--ground at the moment, weight soon! lol
Cathie helps out a friend of hers at the bar that she owns. She helps during the lunch/dinner rush. My sister introduced us. She is a wonderful person and for that I am very happy. But when we have to go back to our regular lives it makes me sad. But, on the other hand, sometimes spending a lot of time together can be hard. We have been seeing each other about 4 months so we are still in the "getting to know each other" phase of our relationship. I do miss her though.

I am hoping it will work out that I will be able to go with my mom to Texas at the end of the month. I would really like to see my dad and my sisters. My mom invited my younger sister that lives here to go with her so there is no extra room in mom's car BUT if my sister decides she doesn't want to go then I will be able to go. Please cross your fingers that my sister will not want to go. I really could use a vacation.

Missy
Old 07-09-2011, 05:20 PM

Hi everyone. I feel like I'm coming down with a cold. I hate summertime colds. Does anyone have a good remedy for this. I'm taking my vitamins and drinking alot of sugar-free OJ. I took some cold meds and I think it's making me feel worse.