Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 09-04-2023, 08:56 AM

See biz, I recall my mother saying the same thing “I don’t know how you do it!” But we did, and they do. I enjoy being a Gramma so much better.
glad you got to see them and they needed to know you are safe and sound. Rest now as this is what Labor Day is all about

love the kitty blocks and libster
Old 09-04-2023, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Double Happy Dance Day!! I returned to see the surgeon's assistant today, post surgery. She took out all of my lab reports and fanned them out on the table and said "all clear". I asked her to say it twice! So no more radiation is needed! I only have to take one pill a day for the next 5-7 years. Praising God all the way home, I found my F8s package in the mailbox. A double blessing! I've been going through all the baggies. All 19 are present and accounted for! Last night I actually sewed a few more rows of a charity quilt I wanted to get finished before doing the f8s. There are some really pretty F8s this time. This Boom should be a lot of fun! Hope all of you get yours soon too.

My daughter and son and SIL and grandkids are all coming to see us this weekend. Daughter will cook and clean house for us... a real treat! They will arrive tomorrow evening.
that is great news, prayers work.
Old 09-04-2023, 02:02 PM

[QUOTE=travelinggramma;8615388]Reba - your F8 yelled the loudest! I was able to use you charm in the middle and your fabric as background. The pattern is called Checkerboard Star. Hope you like.
Now for a first:
My Bernina Record 830 does not have an on-off switch. I had finished the outsides and middle and ironed them all, placed them under pressure foot so fan would not blow them, and went to bed.
This morning they were all tightly sewn together. one of the dogs must have laid on the foot pedal and I had forgotten to unplug the machine![/QUOTE

oh goodness, the dog story is funny.
Old 09-04-2023, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Reba - your F8 yelled the loudest! I was able to use you charm in the middle and your fabric as background. The pattern is called Checkerboard Star. Hope you like.
Now for a first:
My Bernina Record 830 does not have an on-off switch. I had finished the outsides and middle and ironed them all, placed them under pressure foot so fan would not blow them, and went to bed.
This morning they were all tightly sewn together. one of the dogs must have laid on the foot pedal and I had forgotten to unplug the machine!

beautiful block, TG
Old 09-04-2023, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Here’s my first completed block. It’s Cheesehead’s fun cat fabric. Hope you like it, Cheese! 😀
Originally Posted by LogCabin82 View Post
Here’s another block for Cheesehead! I love these kitties!

Here’s a block for Libster. I hope you like it! Sorry, the pic is a bit wonky.
Janice and Logcabin, those blocks are great.

I received my package Friday afternoon, then we left for camp. I just got home a couple of hours ago, and was able to open each package. Loving all the beautiful fabrics.
Old 09-04-2023, 03:57 PM

Had almost all day to sew today and managed two more blocks. First is for Duckling and the second for Hav4boys. I enjoyed making them. Hope they’ll work for you.
Attached Thumbnails img_4363.jpeg   img_4366.jpeg  
Old 09-04-2023, 04:12 PM

Had almost all day to sew today and managed two more blocks. First is for Duckling and the second for Hav4boys. I enjoyed making them. Hope they’ll work for you.
great color matches and blocks
Old 09-05-2023, 06:56 AM

Good morning. Gorgeous WNC day again. I updated the gallery just now. I'll try to do it every morning from here on out - at least as time permits. Can't wait to see more pix of your blocks! Have a nice week.
Old 09-05-2023, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Reba - your F8 yelled the loudest! I was able to use you charm in the middle and your fabric as background. The pattern is called Checkerboard Star. Hope you like.
Now for a first:
This morning they were all tightly sewn together. one of the dogs must have laid on the foot pedal and I had forgotten to unplug the machine!
Hahahahaaa! This is a first! And yes, I love the checkerboard star. Lovely. That is hilarious. My kitty also lays in the weirdest of places, but this for sure would be a first, a doggie sew. Hugs!
Old 09-05-2023, 09:30 AM

Thank you Janice and Log Cabin for the adorable kitty blocks, the colorway is just what I had in mind.

This morning I went to the post office to collect my Boom package. Inside were 19 beautiful pretties that I can't wait to start sewing with. I've read your notes and now can start pulling the requested fabric...ah now the fun begins!

Our trip to the South was uneventful which is always a good thing. I ended up convincing DH to make the trip over two days instead of driving for 16+ hours. I'm so happy we got a well needed break from driving and a decent night's sleep. Our kitty was so well behaved, she slept in her bed the entire time we were on the road.

Cheese