Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-07-2011, 04:23 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by AbbyQuilts
Originally Posted by deplaylady
Help! I am trying to identify this sewing machine. I saw this cabinet (and machine)last week at Good Will for $14. I went back today to get the cabinet for my 401, and after cleaning off the machine and plugging it in (it runs and sounds pretty good), I'm trying to decide whether or not to keep it. I had originally planned to toss it back to Good Will, but now it looks kind of cute with its part yellow color - but I can't find anything about it. I know its a Riccar, serial number JA3 724667, says Made in Japan on it. I can't see any model number and I have no idea if it's worth keeping or if I should throw it back.

Looks like a singer 15 clone. I have a Riccar that was made in the late 70-80's and I love it. Mine is not a 15 clone but that is my go to machine for electric FMQ
probably sew through about anything
Old 07-07-2011, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by great aunt jacqui
Here is my Remington Treadle New NO 5. Billy is helping me date it.
Get out!!! You Go!!
Old 07-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Power Poster

Help! I am trying to identify this sewing machine. I saw this cabinet (and machine)last week at Good Will for $14. I went back today to get the cabinet for my 401, and after cleaning off the machine and plugging it in (it runs and sounds pretty good), I'm trying to decide whether or not to keep it. I had originally planned to toss it back to Good Will, but now it looks kind of cute with its part yellow color - but I can't find anything about it. I know its a Riccar, serial number JA3 724667, says Made in Japan on it. I can't see any model number and I have no idea if it's worth keeping or if I should throw it back.
I can't tell you how many times I've gotten a machine because I liked the cabinet or some other part of the deal... then ended up liking the machine or repairing the machine. I got a 201 because it had a gorgeous cabinet. Ended up really liking the 201 and couldn't bear to split the pair so sold it eventually. I did that with a Kenmore, too - it had a LIFT on the cabinet and I thought wow!!! But my machine wouldn't fit in the cabinet. DH doesn't seem to care as long as they aren't in HIS garage
Old 07-07-2011, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by chris_quilts
Yes! I love zucchini bread. It's too hot here to make bread today, that bread sounds yummy.
Technically, it's too hot here too but it's kinda rainy and having a garage sale on Sat so making baked goods to also sell. I use spices in my zucchini bread so just be aware when you take a bite. :)
Spicy zucchini bread sounds yummy! I love spicy foods.
What spices do you put in the bread. Is your recipe in the recipe section of QB?
Recipe is not posted there but I use cinnamon, nutmeg and ground cloves. if you want it, I will post it.
That sounds good! I will throw those spices in the next time I make zucchini bread. At first, I thought of ground red chile peppers with jalapeno or something like that when you said spicy.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:36 PM

Also, thanks for you post on the killdeer bird. I looked up youtube videos on this bird since I have never seen one. Now I know what one looks like and how they act.[/quote]

I call them "tee tee" birds (don't exactly know why, just do, and always have). I used to chase them on the Seashore here in Louisiana. I love to watch them. With the loss of marshland, last year we had a family in the yard where I work. It was too cute to see the little ones (really, really small) grow up. Love them!
Old 07-07-2011, 04:49 PM

I'm taken a break from assembling that free cabinet and treadle that I picked up over a month ago. So, I decided to post some pictures of the recently finished quilt that will be heading to a victim of the Joplin, MO disaster. My neighbor knows of a person that lost everything. Remember, I was given a Touch and Sew in a very nice cabinet for free (from the same neighbor). I recently sold that machine (I think the gal picking up the machine was only interested in the cabinet). Well, the money from that sell went into making this quilt. The pattern is the 'Plain Spoken", and every time I look at this quilt the song "Somewhere Over a Rainbow" comes to mind. This quilt was made using the Eldredge Two Spools for piecing, Singer 201 for quilting, Davis NVF for binding, and Singe 328 for decorative binding stitch for finishing off the quilt. I love recycling and pay it forward!
I really like this quilt. Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AbbyQuilts

Looks like a singer 15 clone. I have a Riccar that was made in the late 70-80's and I love it. Mine is not a 15 clone but that is my go to machine for electric FMQ
That one was made by Riccar and is a Damn nice machine!!! She did wonderful on that score!!!!!

Billy
Old 07-07-2011, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn
I want to wish all on this board a Happy 4th of July and celebrate in the American Spirit. Show your flags. I am a vet and want to see lots of flags. Glenn
I fly mine!!!
Old 07-07-2011, 05:13 PM

Nancy, I'll have to take some photos soon...have had the builder and his tradies working here and they like to be a pit* so no chance of doing anything like photos while that's going on.

Bronwyn ;-)[/quote]

What is "they like to be a pit* so no chance of doing anything like photos while that's going on."? Would you explain?

Thanks,
Lauren
Old 07-07-2011, 05:18 PM

FYI: Zucchini bread recipe just posted. If questions, just pm me.