Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >
  • The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

• The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 06-08-2013, 09:07 AM

We will all meet you, Anne, in the virtual RV for a big group [{(hug)}] and short silent prayer to give you the space and strength you need. Tea, coffee, or something stronger with some favorite snack food.
    Old 06-08-2013, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad
    Yes, we must see Cinderella aka mirabella.

I should be in bed, but I found the camera and decided that Jeanie's beauty must be shown. Notice anything similar about hers and DD's in the bottom left? They're the same pattern, just reversed lights and darks!! How fun! Again, thanks to all three of you!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]417814[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]417815[/ATTACH]
    Oh gosh that sure photographed grey! It looked blue when I made it. I hope it will blend in with the others when you get them all!

Old 06-08-2013, 02:22 PM

Anael--hope you had a great time with your grandkids today...are things getting any better for Mick? It's got to be rough for all...the last couple months have been very stressful.

Honchey--praying for you...just check in when you can and we will be thinking about you.

Jeanie--very nice block for OK!

Jan--how was the outlet store?

No new long arm...we got there and it wasn't a long arm...it was a Janome 1600P on a Grace Pinnacle quilting frame. The machine and frame were both like new (and very nice), but the bed space isn't any bigger than what I have on my 6600. We were both pretty bummed and have decided we'd rather save our money for something with more space. We're planning to go together on a mid or long arm in the future when I have my bigger "clubhouse" to set it up in.

I did find 7 FQs for 75cents at one of the garage sales though...it is nice quality fabric too.
    Old 06-08-2013, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Anael
    Jeanie, thanks! I will do that

Mirabelle, picture please.......you in your new dress, hair done, makeup, high heels Would love to see !

I only have 1 camera and don't want to break it. Took photo of DD instead

Thinking of you Anne, I understand what you mean cause I tend to do the same thing...
    Old 06-08-2013, 04:05 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by JeanieG
    Oh gosh that sure photographed grey! It looked blue when I made it. I hope it will blend in with the others when you get them all!

Oh Jeanine it's because I used a grey piece of fleece to stage these on! You know how colors always don't show true with some photos. I'm not worried.

Yes wondering how the outlet shopping went. Did they have lots of flat folds, Jan?

Bummer about the misleading machine, Carrie, but every time you look you will be prepared for a more informed decision.

Anne, just breathe. Peace to you.
    Old 06-08-2013, 05:17 PM

Anne, you and all the ladies here got me through this very tough last year. We are all here for you. I tend to go off by myself when I feel overwhelmed; sewing is my greatest "medication".

Went to the outlet store. Oh my--awesome is the only way I can describe it. It's an old converted barn with rows and rows of bolts of fabric, lots of flat cuts, lots of "cheater" panels, rows of Thimbleberries, rows of Civil War prints, etc. One whole wall was 108" backing in every style from batiks to flannels to any color imaginable---and it was $10.00 per yard. I got a couple of 1/4 yard cuts-enough yardage for blocks. Also got backing for 2 projects and of course more fabric. The fabric was $3.00 to $7.00 per yard and 99% of it wasn't seconds. I was pleasantly surprised. A nice older couple own it; he quilts and she works the store. They're usually closed on Saturdays but if you call and have a group of 10 or more they'll open for you. There were 12 of us and they really liked us so gave us 10% off all our purchases. Mine filled a shopping bag and I still spent under $100. There were no notions, patterns, etc., not even a bathroom but for the price and variety of fabrics, I'll go back again. Had a great day.
    Old 06-08-2013, 07:50 PM
    Power Poster

Sounds like a great FART!
    Old 06-08-2013, 08:30 PM
    Power Poster

Looks like I need to get some serious reading done here, to catch up ... maybe tomorrow morning?
    In the afternoon, I go to the Agricultural Hall of Fame for the 2013 inductees ... people who have made significant contributions to Ontario Agriculture, and often times, way beyond the province.

Then after that back to the Fair to pick up my entries ... then out to supper with friends.

BTW OKSGlad ... read in the Holstein Journal about your Guernsey guy and ex-ABS who now is at the helm of WDE!! I'm sure the Guernsey folks are proud. Even noted there was a detour thru Jerseys too!

Forgot to show you what I created for THAT fabric! Remember the theme was to be "Cowbells and Carousels" ....
    Attached Thumbnails caledonfair-1-.jpg   caledonfair2013-1-.jpg  
    Old 06-08-2013, 10:10 PM
    Power Poster

At comp in EQ and took a sec to check in.
    Great block QE! Says it all--hope it's a winner, too!
    Yes, WDE exec is also Iowa raised!
    Old 06-08-2013, 10:49 PM

I love your block QuiltE, very striking.

Have just finished my July MB and am ready to post June's block on Monday.

JanRN wish I would come on a FART with you, it would be so much fun but maybe not a big enough jet to get me home

QNS thank you so much for the e-mail, need a few pieces for projects I want to start so will have to check out what they have