Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-06-2011, 07:42 PM

And yes I still have my 8 track and player and play them often along with my old 45's
Old 03-06-2011, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn
And yes I still have my 8 track and player and play them often along with my old 45's
My husband recently pulled out the turntable, tuner, and albums. My teenage son was very interested in all this equipment. I'm happy to see the boxes out of the garage and albums being listen to again.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Banned

I have quite a few 8 tracks, my GS Buick had a factory 8 track and I still buy them at the thrift store. I dont have an 8 track anymore but you never know I might buy a car that came with one again.

Billy
Old 03-06-2011, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by redbugsullivan
Nancy you can try a tooth brush but I really do not think it is stiff enough to get the paint out of the grain. Would love to see pics of your progress. Glenn

I use the green scrubby pads along with stripper to get everything out. A good rinse in between scrubs usually makes headway very quickly.
I actually got a stripper brush, not a wire one. I am afraid of the wire ones, this brush is somekind of synthetic. Anyway, I am afraid I am not going to get the white paint out of the wood grain.

Redbugsullivan, what do you mean a good rinse? With what? I don't want to get the wood wet -- wouldn't that cause damage and more problems? Glenn?

Nancy
Old 03-06-2011, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
Ok, OK, So, how lucky am I???? Look at what I got today from an auction for $27..... A 99-13, born in 1928 in Istanbul. This is the last machine I will be able to buy for a while. DH will be not happy about this one, probably!! LOL But he loves me and I don't get my hair or nails done, and I don't go shoe or purse shopping every week. So, maybe he'll be OK. Whatever...too late...I already won it!!! LOL :thumbup:
Congratulations! That is a very nice 99!

Nancy
Old 03-06-2011, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by redbugsullivan
Nancy you can try a tooth brush but I really do not think it is stiff enough to get the paint out of the grain. Would love to see pics of your progress. Glenn

I use the green scrubby pads along with stripper to get everything out. A good rinse in between scrubs usually makes headway very quickly.
I actually got a stripper brush, not a wire one. I am afraid of the wire ones, this brush is somekind of synthetic. Anyway, I am afraid I am not going to get the white paint out of the wood grain.

Redbugsullivan, what do you mean a good rinse? With what? I don't want to get the wood wet -- wouldn't that cause damage and more problems? Glenn?

Nancy
Nancy, You are brave. I would just give up and repaint the cabinet to a color of my liking.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by jljack

You guys are funny!!! LOL

I am a June '51 model.
Hmmmmm Dont get to close to me I might put you in my collection!! :-P

Billy
He he he he ...what would you do with a '36 model ? LOL
Old 03-07-2011, 05:39 AM

DH and I are the 40's model. We still listen to oldies and actually have an 8 track with tapes.
Billy, we have two mustangs that are the same model as you a fastback and shelby. Also a 67 convertable. So we think the 60's were great years.
Reguarding these old machines we can still hear our mothers telling us to not play with the treadles. You will ruin my machine!
Old 03-07-2011, 06:08 AM

I'm a September '53 model.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:13 AM

Well, I'm a '38 model and DH is a '39 model. We do love the oldies, SMs and old cars. DH used to build drag racers and can't wait to get his shop up and going at the new house. He is very much a FORD guy.
At the present moment, we have a longarm, 2 treadles and 3 other SMs in the living room alone. 2 of them will go to new homes soon, he hopes, lol.