Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 05-27-2011, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
I've been out of the VSMS for a few weeks and will never get caught up with all your posts!

Today I stopped at a moving sale and she had an old Kenmore godzilla finish machine. The cabinet was really raggy, but the machine wasn't too bad. It had some rust but with the godzilla finish it wasn't obvious. She only wanted $20, but as it really wasn't one I was looking to collect, I passed. Now I'm thinking I should have bought it so I could say I own the ugliest sewing machine ever built. It's one of these, but in much worse shape: http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-1948-Ken...item43a732933e
I have two of these because I like the Cabinet.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by tomilu
Originally Posted by Glenn
Got ticks!
Now that is the test of a true camper - ticks!!!
Tommie
GET AWAY! Been there, done that!
Old 05-27-2011, 05:14 PM

Location: Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!

ok, got a couple great deals today ~ yay! I am hoping between the experts here, they can give me more info on these two finds... Kenmore machine first, son, 11 has been a little jealous of us girls iwth our new sewing space, and we're tinkering with so many toys and gadgets... so he wanted to make his own stuff, so this machine is for him. His very own, so now both kids have "their own" machine with tables!!!

This was given to us, was talking to a lady at an estate sale today where I got a neat old machine (will post that one in a few!)... she said she had an old machine, folds into the table, and they didn't even know how to expose the machine... hubby asked how much, she said "you can have it" Yay!

Got it home, and it has the buttonholer, and ALL the original attachments, and works great!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-203215.jpe   attachment-203216.jpe   attachment-203217.jpe   attachment-203218.jpe   attachment-203219.jpe  

attachment-203220.jpe   attachment-203221.jpe  
Old 05-27-2011, 05:20 PM

Location: Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!

then I got this at the estate sale... didn't have a price, and this was a huge-mondo-bodacious-hoarder sale... just 1/4 mile away, so we all walked up... OMG I found this outside in the tent, and asked price (was unlabelled) ~ made sure i opened it so the lady that worked there could smell the musty smell :thumbup: :shock: worked in my favor, she said $24 ... I acted disinterested for a few minutes. Then when she wasn't looking, snagged it LOL

Billy, Nancy, anyone know anything more about this? My first question is, HOW do you get rid of the musty smell from the case? OMG its strong, but don't see mildew growing. HELP! I gotta save her!

The attachments box ~ I just had to have that... there was a shuttle and 5 bobbin spools in there for my treadle!!! yay!

these spindles & shuttle fit my 1906 model 27! yay!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]203241[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-203225.jpe   attachment-203226.jpe   attachment-203228.jpe   attachment-203229.jpe   attachment-203230.jpe  

attachment-203232.jpe   attachment-203233.jpe   attachment-203234.jpe   attachment-203235.jpe  
Old 05-27-2011, 05:34 PM

Fabric Whisperer; Great score with both machines but especially the 2nd one. Love the face plate on that one. Thanks for the pics - now I know what a shuttle and bobbin spools look like. Never seen any yet but know I could identify them at least. Again, great score.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts
Fabric Whisperer; Great score with both machines but especially the 2nd one. Love the face plate on that one. Thanks for the pics - now I know what a shuttle and bobbin spools look like. Never seen any yet but know I could identify them at least. Again, great score.
yeah, those were in the attachments box, and I would NOT relinquish that little black box LOL ~ I opened it and showed hubby, and he saw the shuttle right off and said "1906?" LOL yes!!! I have a treadle already that that fits into, its a 1906 Model 27 full treadle, working ... yay!

Between those attachments and my son's "new machine" we've got all the feet I think we could ask for to go with our vintage ladies :)
Old 05-27-2011, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by fabric whisperer
yeah, those were in the attachments box, and I would NOT relinquish that little black box LOL ~ I opened it and showed hubby, and he saw the shuttle right off and said "1906?" LOL yes!!! I have a treadle already that that fits into, its a 1906 Model 27 full treadle, working ... yay!
Between those attachments and my son's "new machine" we've got all the feet I think we could ask for to go with our vintage ladies :)
I bought a semi-vintage, I think, Singer Fashion Mate 362 today because it came with a box of Singer attachments that will fit my older machines. Paid $25 for it and my younger DD wanted the machine so she could have her own and not worry about having to use one of mine. It's now hers - minus the box, of course. We will clean it this weekend. Machine only does zigzag and straight and has some plastic outside coverings but is still mostly metal I'm guessing simply because of its weight.
Figured that $25 was a steal for the attachments alone!!!!
Old 05-27-2011, 06:02 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Grandmother23
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
I've been out of the VSMS for a few weeks and will never get caught up with all your posts!

Today I stopped at a moving sale and she had an old Kenmore godzilla finish machine. The cabinet was really raggy, but the machine wasn't too bad. It had some rust but with the godzilla finish it wasn't obvious. She only wanted $20, but as it really wasn't one I was looking to collect, I passed. Now I'm thinking I should have bought it so I could say I own the ugliest sewing machine ever built. It's one of these, but in much worse shape: http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-1948-Ken...item43a732933e
I have two of these because I like the Cabinet.
Do you sew on it? What does it sew like? :-D
Old 05-27-2011, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by MarieM
I was just watching Fox News and they were showing the damage in Joplin Mo. and the home of an 89 year old women. There was not a wall left in the entire house but then they showed an old Singer treadle standing right where it had always been. Even the worst storm in decades couldn't take out the old girl. I bet you could probably just sit down and sew w/out it missing a beet.
That is amazing!

Thanks to all of you who commented on my little snap/clutch purse. It was fun, but the best part is every inch of that little thing was made with a Model 127 treadle!

Nancy
Old 05-27-2011, 06:43 PM
Banned

Hello gang I have to catch up on the postings here in the shop but low and behold we had a round of storms come through (tornadoes included but none of them touched down around me) but we have been with out power for the last 2 days. It just came on tonite about an hour ago and boy it feels good to have the house up and running!

The nice thing is we didnt have any damage at all except for a few small limbs in the yard.

Billy